72Freebie's CHL Redesign(Victoria Royals added 60/60 FINISHED)

72freebie

On 8/12/2016 at 2:28 PM, 72freebie said:

Okay so I know that it has been forever since I have uploaded onto this thread. I have just been working on so many other projects that O am just having trouble getting back to this. I finally managed to get the next team done though. The Moncton Wildcats are up next. I have never understood why this team uses white red and blue as their color scheme. They have no blue in the logo and they really need to switch to red yellow and black. I went with a pretty wild design that uses claw marks. The front and back have black claw marks on them behind the logo and numbers. I like how this turned out because they blend pretty well. The arms have claw marks with colors in them and I also really like how this turned out. The third jersey is another throwback jersey. This time it is for tghe Moncton Alpines. This was the team name for one year before they switched to the Wildcats name. They jersey design and colors are the same but have the wildcat logo on the front in the old colors. The Alpines logo is also featured on the shoulders.

Moncton Wildcats

Moncton.png

you got moncton all wrong,3rd jersey always been always black and yellow, but last years was dark blue. take off front claw mark and on back claw mark to big, size i shown prefect. reason its blue, red and white because of irving 

here what i did for my home team moncton 

[MOD EDIT]

hvmY186.png

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/12/2016 at 10:57 PM, Flames1fan said:

you got moncton all wrong,3rd jersey always been always black and yellow, but last years was dark blue. take off front claw mark and on back claw mark to big, size i shown prefect. reason its blue, red and white because of irving 

here what i did for my home team moncton 

[MOD EDIT]

its a concept... it dosen't need to be right. 

moncton looks great, i like the claw marks as well. 

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

The next team is the Quebec Remparts. This team has a pretty good logo and very nice jerseys also. I do think that they have a missed opportunity from not using the castle top striping. Their original jerseys had them but I think that they kind of screwed it up by only using two colors. I integrated this castle top into a generic striping pattern and I think that this would be very cool and unique. The third jersey also keeps this striping and adds a white hem and cuffs.

Quebec Remparts

Quebec.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

11 minutes ago, 72freebie said:

The next team is the Quebec Remparts. This team has a pretty good logo and very nice jerseys also. I do think that they have a missed opportunity from not using the castle top striping. Their original jerseys had them but I think that they kind of screwed it up by only using two colors. I integrated this castle top into a generic striping pattern and I think that this would be very cool and unique. The third jersey also keeps this striping and adds a white hem and cuffs.

Quebec Remparts

Quebec.png

I love the socks in this set. But those socks with the alternate...unreal. Great balance of colours. Great job in general. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back with another team. This time its the Rimouski Oceanic. I am really not a fan of their current jerseys or colors. Their logo is cool and when they had a double blue color scheme they were a good looking team. Now they have a bland and uninspired color scheme and very basic jerseys. I went back to the double blue and used a curved arm striping on the arms which is also under the arms but the striping is straight. For the third jersey I used their 20th anniversary logo and put the primary inside of it to make a nice looking roundel logo. I included the stars from the logo into the jersey striping also.

Rimouski Oceanic

Rimouski.png

Up next is the Reigning QMJHL champions the Rouyn Noranda Huskies. I like that this team tried to use gradients because they can look good if used right. They did did not use them right. They just slapped a gradient in between some unnecessary piping and really didn't balance their colors out all that well. I kept the gradient because I wanted to prove that it could be done well. I used a unique custom template and used red to black gradients inside the stitching. I also got rid of the husky head in the shoulder logo and just used the H instead. I also used this logo on the third jersey which is fairly simple but it would be something original for the Huskies.

Rouyn Noranda Huskies

Rouyn Noranda.png

1 hour ago, 72freebie said:

Up next is the Reigning QMJHL champions the Rouyn Noranda Huskies. I like that this team tried to use gradients because they can look good if used right. They did did not use them right. They just slapped a gradient in between some unnecessary piping and really didn't balance their colors out all that well. I kept the gradient because I wanted to prove that it could be done well. I used a unique custom template and used red to black gradients inside the stitching. I also got rid of the husky head in the shoulder logo and just used the H instead. I also used this logo on the third jersey which is fairly simple but it would be something original for the Huskies.

Rouyn Noranda Huskies

Rouyn Noranda.png

Great job as always, but I think what would bring this concept over the edge would be changing the red in the logo's circle to gradient.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Next up is the Saint John Sea dogs. I am not a huge fan of the logo but I do like this color scheme a lot. Their current jerseys are actually okay. It is one of the best usages of the buffaslug template that I have seen. I tried to give them a more original template with hem striping that follows the logo and a unique arm design. The third jersey goes a little more conventional with some curved striping and it uses their really cool alternate logo on the front.

Saint John Sea Dogs

Saint John.png

Next up is the Shawnigan Cataractes. I love this teams color scheme and I like their current jerseys quite a lot too. Even if they are sens copies. I went with a classic/modern clash design with simple striping but a sharp hook design coming down from the arm to the hem. Its something I have wanted to try for a while and it worked out for this team. I also made the logo 3 colors and got rid of the black and red in it. I also kept the lightning bolt son the arm, which has been on their last couple jersey sets. The third jersey is a two color version of their original jerseys in the new blue and yellow color scheme. I still think that their original logo is really cool and I liked how it looked with just the two colors.

Shawnigan Cataractes

Shawnigan.png

Next is the Sherbrooke Phoenix. I absolutely love this logo and the cream and navy blue. Unfortunately this team picked one of my least favorite reebok templates and they felt that they need to add light blue to their jerseys, even though it isn't on the logo. I kept my concept with a 2 color scheme and used simple striping but added lightning bolts to it that resemble the logo. I think that this would be very original and could look pretty cool. The third jersey uses a large chest stripe and the really nice Phoenix script logo.

Sherbrooke Phoenix

sherbrooke.png

Next team is the Valdor Foreurs. I must say that I think this is the worst logo in the CHL. It is so boring and really has no character. The team has nice jerseys that utilize their really nice color scheme and the old Lightning 3rd jersey template. I got rid of the current logo for an older alternate logo that I actually like quite a lot. The pickax is now on the shoulder. The home and road set are very unique and use a striping that goes straight across the arms and come down to make a v at the center of the front of the jersey. This is a design I have wanted to try for a while now and I think it works for this team. the third jersey uses the pickax and some more generic striping. However with this I tried a black jersey with green equipment which isn't done a whole lot. I don't think it would look half bad.

Valdor Foreurs

Valdor.png

Here we are at the last team of the QMJHL. the team is the Victoriaville Tigres. I think that this logo is good and a yellow and black color scheme usually can't go wrong. Unfortunately this team is one of those teams that think using two different template for home and away is okay. Their home is a blue jackets template that looks really bare and their away jersey uses the Senators template that I don't think looks good no matter what colors you use with it. I went with a classic approach using multiple yellow and white stripes with black upper arms. I also included a yellow helmet because I don't think that they look too bad when teams wear them. the third jersey uses even more stripes and uses their really nice script logo.

Victoriaville Tigres.

Victoriaville.png

Archived