72Freebie's CHL Redesign(Victoria Royals added 60/60 FINISHED)

72freebie

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Next is the Kelowna Rockets. I personally love this teams color scheme but I think that their logo is very outdated. Their secondary logo is a much better fit so I made sure to bump it up to primary status. The home and away are something that just popped into my head and I think that the end result is a innovative template that could work in the CHL. The third jersey is similar to their current third jersey but with a little bit different striping and some triangled yokes.

Kelowna.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Next up is the Kootenay Ice. I personally think that this team has one of the worst logos in the CHL and uses one of the worst edge templates too. This is the only team that I have made brand new logos for in this series and I am only suing them because I think that these jerseys and logos are some of my favorite that I have ever made. Some of you may have seen the home and away before, either on here or on HJC. The Icicle pattern is something that I would love to see in real life because it would be very unique to the team. The new third jersey uses the Head logo with another new striping pattern i was trying out. I am overall very pleased with how it turned out.

Kootenay Ice

Kootenay.png

Up next is the Lethbridge Hurricanes. This teams identity has switched multiple times in the past decade and I think that their most current one is easily their best. Unfortunately they have worn Capitals clones(which I don't like in the first place) for multiple years and I think that they could benefit from a cool design with their sharp logo. The design uses a swoosh type chest stripe that follows along with the logo. The away jersey is one of my favorites in this series because it is a double toned jersey. I think that this would definitely help the team stand out. The third jersey is more of a classic style with their very nice plane logo on the chest.

Lethbridge Hurricanes

Lethbridge.png

• 2 weeks later...

Next up is the Medicine Hat Tigers. I am personally really not a fan of their current logos and jerseys. They both look way out of date and I think they need to modernize the tiger head. Luckily their logo from the early 2000's did a fine job of that and was used on some absolutely wild tiger stripe jerseys. i think that they might have used a little too much but they were still very cool and unique. i brought back the tiger stripes but integrated them in a more traditional striping pattern. I chose orange over black for the road jersey because they would be the only team do to so in the league. The third jerseys uses just the tiger head on the front and is based off of a white tiger. I think it would be neat to reference this because it is a very unique animal. 

Medicine Hat Tigers

Medicine Hat.png

• 2 weeks later...

Up next is the Moose Jaw Warriors. I hate this teams logo so much because it tries to be modern way to hard. I think that going a more vintage way with this branding would be better. I got rid off the terrible wordmark and just used the head for the logo. I also used some pretty simple striping that is on the arms,hem and shoulders. I also eliminated silver. The third is very simple but I think that it fits with the vintage vibe for this concept. The full colored arms would go really well with the red pants and helmet and I think that this could be a sharp set.

Moose Jaw Warriors

Moose Jaw.png

Next up is the Portland Winterhawks. this team hands down wins the title for most unoriginal look in the CHL. Their copy is just ever so slightly different than the Chicago Blackhawks and their jerseys are literally exact copies. I kept the logo but I went a completely different direction with the jerseys. Black is now the primary color and red,green,yellow and orange come on as new secondary colors from the feathers on the logo. I have always wanted to do a concept for Chicago like this but I didn't think it quite fit them. I think that it would fit the Winterhawks perfectly and give them their own unique identity. The third jersey is based on the original Portland Rosebuds jerseys form the WCHA in the 1910's. The only difference is that their is now feathers on the upper chest instead of the hockey sticks to combine the past and current eras.

Portland WInterhawks

Portland.png

and here is the Rosebuds jersey for reference

Related image

I'm normally very skeptical of any concepts where any Portland teams are involved. But you did very well. I could see the black jersey actually making it as a real-world alt for the Hawks.

And kudos to you on your Rosebuds inspired throwback. I had posted one a few months back (http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/109285-portland-winterhawksrosebuds-mashup-concept/) but your inclusion of the feathers is BRILLIANT and I wish I had thought of that. Very well done!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

On 11/30/2016 at 4:57 PM, CanucksFan said:

Gorgeous third jersey. Love it! Also, I've been wondering (and hoping) if we could get a series similar to this but for the AHL?

Possibly in the far future. I have something else planned after I am done this.

Next up is the Prince Albert Raiders. I am a really big fan of this teams colors and their logo is pretty nice too. Their current jerseys are one of the better original edge templates that have come out in the past years but I am not a huge fan of the side panels. I have seen them in person before and they look pretty nice. My design is somewhat of a pre edge look but I think that it would look just fine by today's standards with the curved striping. The third jersey uses a wordmark on the front with a chest stripe and is a modern/classic hybrid design.

Prince Albert Raiders

Prince Albert.png

Archived