Soccer Crests from Around the World (Blackpool added)

BigRed618

I'm doing this for a contest on another site. Yeah, this is sort of a weekly thing. I'm considering putting all these random crest concepts in one thread. EDIT: Yeah, I'll go ahead and make a series out of this. I'll do random crest concepts from all around the world. Requests welcome. I'll do clubs and national teams. 

Anyway, here's my crest concept for Sparta Praha, who plays in the capital of Czech Republic and is one of the most powerful teams in Central Europe.

Here's their current crest...

image.png

...And this is my concept.

image.png

I wanted to go with a wax seal with ribbon, which I feel makes better use of the team's tricolor. What do you think?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PERTH GLORY

Perth Glory FC is the only name for pro soccer in Western Australia. For my concept, I wanted to give it a fauxback spin, something that would look right at home next to some NASL logos.

Their current crest:

image.png

My concept:

image.png

SSC NAPOLI

Napoli is famous for producing such legends as Diego Maradona, Fabio Cannavaro, Gianfranco Zola, and many others. Their crest, a blue circle with a Times New Roman N is often mocked as a dull logo, despite it being used since the 1940s. For my concept, I try to retain the traditional N while bringing back O Ciuccio, a donkey-based emblem Napoli used long ago. 

Left: their current logo

Right: their donkey crest

image.png

My concept

image.png.472b0ffd3313d609b2677a337afbc1

On April 14, 2016 at 1:54 AM, Axe said:

Really nice job with the Napoli crest, fusing two elements to make something unique. 

They had a logo back in the 60s that had a horse on it with a ball and it looks a lot cleaner (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:SSC_Neapel_Logo_60er.svg). Maybe that will look better instead of the older crest you used? Just a suggestion. 

I used this one because it resembled a donkey more, which is the Neapolitans' mascot. They're not called I Ciucciarelli (Little Donkeys) for nothing.

CARACAS FC

In case you don't know, Caracas is the capital of Venezuela, and home to one of the country's most powerful teams. Their emblem was taken directly from the city's coat of arms. For my concept, I put a wild, Mesoamerican twist to the classic lion. The rounded hexagon shape is meant to resemble a panel on a soccer ball.

Their current logo:

image.png

My concept:

image.png

CHICAGO FIRE SC 

You'll probably see quite a few American concepts here. The Fire has a decent logo that just needs a little tweaking to make it future-proof. First thing was to get rid of the grey. No reason for that to be there. Next I wanted something besides the letter C in the middle. I figured a six-pointed star was as good a solution as any.

Their current logo...

image.png

My concept...

image.png

VfL WOLFSBURG 

This German team had a decent logo, but it's been simplified so much, it barely represents what it's supposed to represent. My concept features a return to the castle theme used for much of Die Wölfe's history.

Their current crest...

image.png

My concept...

image.png

Remember, requests are welcome. I'm looking for any bad, mediocre crests, or just emblems that are past their prime or need fixing up.

Guest darkpiranha

Love Wolfsburg!  Normally, I'd say it's maybe a bit too stylized for soccer, but the stylization is actually a step down from what they've got now, so this totally works for them.  I'm completely unfamiliar with Wolfsburg's logo history.  Is this in any way similar to what they've had in the past. 

25 minutes ago, darkpiranha said:

Love Wolfsburg!  Normally, I'd say it's maybe a bit too stylized for soccer, but the stylization is actually a step down from what they've got now, so this totally works for them.  I'm completely unfamiliar with Wolfsburg's logo history.  Is this in any way similar to what they've had in the past. 

Well here's what all they had as far as logos go, in chronological order...

image.png

image.png

image.png

So seeing this, you kinda have an idea of how they arrived at a plain W inside what is almost a circle, as well as how I came up with my concept.

Guest darkpiranha
1 hour ago, BigRed618 said:

Well here's what all they had as far as logos go, in chronological order...

image.png

image.png

image.png

So seeing this, you kinda have an idea of how they arrived at a plain W inside what is almost a circle, as well as how I came up with my concept.

Well, then yours is the clear winner.  Great work!  

That said, I'm wondering if the basic forms of your logo could be tweaked a bit to make it look like a wolf's head.  If I squint, I see a nose (the diamond on the bottom), two eyes and two ears, and maybe a ridge on his head.  It seems really close to being one of those logos with a hidden logo inside of it.  

On April 24, 2016 at 8:41 PM, MontyK17 said:

i really really like wolfsburg! can you possibly do bournemouth fc? maybe its just me but I hate the crest lol

I'm working on it as we speak. In the meantime, here's another English team...

BURTON ALBION FC

Current:

image.png

My concept:

image.png

As you could probably guess, I was heavily inspired by the logo of the 1977 NBA All-Star Game, but I did try to make it look more like a tribute and less like a ripoff. The Brewers play in the Football League One, which may explain why you may not have heard much of them.

• 2 weeks later...
On May 15, 2016 at 11:36 PM, XenonDesigns said:

It's kind of hard to see the K but the idea is there! Nice work.

Think about how a lowercase cursive k looks. I kinda based it around that.

RAJA CLUB ATHLETIC 

Current crest

image.png

Concept crest

image.png

My first African club, based in Casablanca, Morocco. An older version of their crest featured the Green Eagle perched on a globe instead of a ball, and I thought that looked cool so I based my redesign around that.

Archived