Raiders suing the jags and bucs

buster04

Dear Al -

Your bitter lawsuits are stupid. If you are truly concerned about something that "is likely to dilute the distinctive quality of the Raiders' mark, thereby lessening its capacity to identify the Raiders and causing irreparable harm that cannot adequately be compensated by an award of damages.'' Then DON'T GET YOUR BUTT KICKED by the Bucs in the Super Bowl. OOPS. Too late.

First of all, the Raiders logo is so bad compared to the Bucs logo, I can't see how anyone would confuse them.

Question - how many NFL fans confuse the Pathers and the Raiders? Or the Bucs and the Raiders? Answer: ZERO.

Wow, the Raiders sure do hold a high regard for the intellect of their fans.  If they really wanted to minimize the risk that their fans will be confused as to who is who on the field, they should ban alcohol sales and give sobriety checks to all who enter the stadium.  

On the bright side, however, it's always nice to see my fellow attorneys getting some high-paying work.  :D

It amazes me that the Raiders actually have time to do in managing.

But I do like Judge John Herlihy with this quote:

Herlihy said, suggesting the Raiders might "put a daisy on your uniform'' as an alternative to their pirate.

Hey, here's an idea, someone come up with an Oakland Daisies uniform for them to wear in Florida!  :D

sig09.jpg

You know what?  I think this is a conspiracy to bring back Bucco Bruce and the creamsicle uniforms!  Once the Bucs agree to bring back the tangerine, red and white the whole case will be dismissed.  Bringing the Panthers into the suit is just a tactic to keep the case from being dismissed immediately.

This is brilliant, just brilliant!!!

Funny they dont start this suit until after the bucs win the superbowl... i wonder if the raiders knew the panthers had been using this colour scheme for almost 10 years, and the bucs for about 5.

Nevermind, i see they filed it in 1996

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

If you follow the article on ESPN, you see that the raiders are also brining suit against the Panthers for the use of SIlver and Black.

Asking the judge to rule that the Panthers cannot wear their jerseys in California.  This is  sad day for football and if you are a Raiders fan you shoudl be ashamed.

You have one of the most reconnizable logos in all of sports, and if you had any grievenances why not file them when teh Panthers and Bucs got new logos.

Just awful.

This is a joke, just like Al Davis.  He can't win the Super Bowl and pushes this again?  Why bother?  ESPN's Pardon the Interuption made a joke when talking on this matter: "What?  Al Davis has silver and black color rights in California now?  He has right to have cross swords in a logo?"

If for some stupid reason he wins, this case, watch out for the Buffalo Sabres.  He could go after them for their alternate logo, which could cause the Sabres to keep the Buffalo head.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I love Al Davis! He refuses to give the NFL a moments peace, and he constantly has been giving trouble to the Bucs since they changed their logo... He's a tough old Brooklynite and he let's EVERYONE know it! You gotta love that!

Fight The System, Al. Fight The System!!! :)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This is a joke, just like Al Davis.  He can't win the Super Bowl and pushes this again?  Why bother?  ESPN's Pardon the Interuption made a joke when talking on this matter: "What?  Al Davis has silver and black color rights in California now?  He has right to have cross swords in a logo?"

If for some stupid reason he wins, this case, watch out for the Buffalo Sabres.  He could go after them for their alternate logo, which could cause the Sabres to keep the Buffalo head.

Actually, if he wins, I want the Pittsburgh Pirates to sue HIM.  They had the whole pirate-scheme long before the Oakland Senors were rejected in favor of the Raiders.

It's where I sit.

Archived