Collegiate Athletic Identity Changes 2016-17

Burkell007

Its that time of year where we see new logos and updates to already established looks, so please post news here. So far from the best i can remember we have the following:

Buffalo (awesome new secondary)

North Dakota (the new Fighting Hawks)

Portland State

USC (Just a update and a new font)

and for non D-1:

Michigan Tech Huskies

Northern Michgan Wildcats

UT- Permian Basin Falcons

Dixie State Red Storm, errr now TrailBlazers??

Tampa U Spartians (Just a refresh)

Feel free to add any i missed or any that get released later on, or if u know of something in the works that is being unveiled .

http://m.bcuathletics.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23910&ATCLID=210976204

Bethune-Cookman of the MEAC (D1, FCS) just fully unveiled their updated logos Wednesday morning.

The Wildcat logo is actually an original, cleaned up version of a "mock up" that closely resembled the Jacksonville Jaguars logo. This version was used as a helmet decal during the Florida Classic in Orlando vs Florida A&M.

When Chris pointed out the similarities on Twitter last Fall, BCU deleted all traces of the 1st draft on social media. I have a copy of the Jags ripoff.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Just now, WizKid said:

http://m.bcuathletics.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23910&ATCLID=210976204

Bethune-Cookman of the MEAC just fully unveiled their updated logos Wednesday morning.

The Wildcat logo is actually an original, cleaned up version of a "mock up" that closely resembled the Jacksonville Jaguars logo. This version was used as a helmet decal during the Florida Classic in Orlando vs Florida A&M.

When Chris pointed out the similarities on Twitter last Fall, BCU deleted all traces of the 1st draft on social media. I have a copy of the Jags ripoff.

This is the 1st draft I was referring to. I wonder if the Jag's organization forced them to start over or not.

tmp_16757-IMG_20151121_210657-203324466.jpg

1 minute ago, WizKid said:

This is the 1st draft I was referring to. I wonder if the Jag's organization forced them to start over or not.

tmp_16757-IMG_20151121_210657-203324466.jpg

tmp_16757-IMG_20151121_212827-346063636.jpg

8 hours ago, WizKid said:

Bethune-Cookman of the MEAC (D1, FCS) just fully unveiled their updated logos Wednesday morning.

Unfortunate that it took ripping off a jags logo to get the eventual result. Great update either way. Longggg overdue.

ZXNNXWGBKULBJCT.20160525150213.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Slightly off topic, but how the heck are you supposed to pronounce the "une" in "Bethune-Cookman"? Is it Beth-OON or Beth-YOON? Every time I see it I want to call them Beth-Anne 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

3 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Slightly off topic, but how the heck are you supposed to pronounce the "une" in "Bethune-Cookman"? Is it Beth-OON or Beth-YOON? Every time I see it I want to call them Beth-Anne 

It's the first pronounciation.  Not sure why the 2nd one is even a possible pronounciation.

Archived