MLS x Umbro (Inter Miami added 24/24)

Victormrey

3 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Not felling those umbro stripes on the dynamo's shoulders

I wanted to use the sleeve diamonds to bring back the old Umbro style, which I really like.

I'll be uploading other teams with sleeve diamonds in the future. Hopefully you'll like them ;)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's continue with Sporting Kansas City. For this club I changed the sponsor too, usign Ford instead of Ivy Funds.

The home kit is a re-interpretation of the 1997/98 kit, using Sporting Blue as main colour and Dark Indigo as secondary. I added subtle horizontal pinstripes on the front of the shirt and hooped socks to get a more complete look.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Sporting KC Home Kit.png

The away kit features the same style than the home, but using the original Kansas City Wizards colours, to make it look like the 1997/98 aforementioned.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Sporting KC Away Kit.png

Let's continue with those clubs with 1 League Title, starting with Chicago Fire.

The home kit features the club's traditional colours and style, using a navy diamond pattern to surround the white chestband. The white and navy band is also present on the shorts trims and socks.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Chicago Fire Home Kit.png

The away kit uses a similar style to the home kit's, but featuring the colours of the Chicago flag, as well as navy. I decided to use an alternate logo created by myself, which is inspired by the Chicago Fire Department former logo.

There's also white-on-white diamond patterns on the sleeves and cuffs, inspired by the 1999/01 England home kit.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Chicago Fire Away Kit.png

Chicago's look great. The away kit for KC...my only comment is that its a mind trip...but one that oddly works. I pray that you can do a better job for Columbus's away kit when you  compare it to their actually ones that tend to me feel sick...

17 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

Loving the pattern on Chicago.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, New York's Greatest said:

Chicago's look great. The away kit for KC...my only comment is that its a mind trip...but one that oddly works. I pray that you can do a better job for Columbus's away kit when you  compare it to their actually ones that tend to me feel sick...

Thank you. Indeed, I know KC it's... different, but I wanted to bring back their old colours.

About the Columbus' kit, it's the next team of the series, and I've make a more conservative design ;)

4 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Thanks!

Thank you. Indeed, I know KC it's... different, but I wanted to bring back their old colours.

About the Columbus' kit, it's the next team of the series, and I've make a more conservative design ;)

Oh thank G-d! To be honest a white shirt that says Columbus in crayon written by 5 year old looks better than their current kit

Let's continue with The Crew!

For the home kit I decided to bring back yellow as main colour (which has been used from the early 00's to 2015). The kit features black collar, cuffs and chestband, and inspired by the club's crest, it also features a subtle checkered pattern on the shirt front and socks.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Columbus Crew Home Kit.png

The away kit is also inspired by the club's crest, featuring a yellow sash (which is also present on the socks), as well as subtle sashes around it.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Columbus Crew Away Kit.png

5 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Let's continue with The Crew!

For the home kit I decided to bring back yellow as main colour (which has been used from the early 00's to 2015). The kit features black collar, cuffs and chestband, and inspired by the club's crest, it also features a subtle checkered pattern on the shirt front and socks.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Columbus Crew Home Kit.png

The away kit is also inspired by the club's crest, featuring a yellow sash (which is also present on the socks), as well as subtle sashes around it.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Columbus Crew Away Kit.png

This is infinitely better

Next club is Colorado Rapids. This time I also decided to change the sponsor, using Coors instead of Transamerica.

The home kit features the colours used since 2007, being mainly burgundy, with subtle stripes, powder blue sleeve diamonds and white triangular collar trim.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Colorado Rapids Home Kit.png

The away kit is mainly powder blue, inspired by the 2007/08 away kit, season from which the club would use their current colours. The design features burgundy collar and cuffs, as well as a chestband based on the crest and inspired by the 80's Denver Nuggets uniforms.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Colorado Rapids Away Kit.png

Great job! Only complaint on Colorado is the diamond pattern on the shoulders looks pretty tacky IMO. Other than that, well done. 

Will you be doing Atlanta and LAFC?

spacer.png

On 23/6/2016 at 4:12 AM, New York's Greatest said:

Me likey! Me love it long time lol jk but I do love these kits though I do prefer the alternate that is in the style of the Colorado state flag.

Thanks. About a kit using Colorado colours, I initially thought about using them, but I wanted to bring back their old style.

8 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Great job! Only complaint on Colorado is the diamond pattern on the shoulders looks pretty tacky IMO. Other than that, well done. 

Will you be doing Atlanta and LAFC?

Thank you. About the diamond pattern, I make all the designs in Paint, so it's a bit difficult to get it  right, but it's an element I wanted to use.

And yes, I'll be also making designs for all the expansion teams.

On 6/19/2016 at 6:23 AM, Victormrey said:

Let's continue with those clubs with 1 League Title, starting with Chicago Fire.

The home kit features the club's traditional colours and style, using a navy diamond pattern to surround the white chestband. The white and navy band is also present on the shorts trims and socks.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Chicago Fire Home Kit.png

The away kit uses a similar style to the home kit's, but featuring the colours of the Chicago flag, as well as navy. I decided to use an alternate logo created by myself, which is inspired by the Chicago Fire Department former logo.

There's also white-on-white diamond patterns on the sleeves and cuffs, inspired by the 1999/01 England home kit.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Chicago Fire Away Kit.png

Chicago is now sponsored by VALSPAR. Love that secondary logo though!

On 24/6/2016 at 4:52 PM, Est1980 said:

Chicago is now sponsored by VALSPAR. 

Yeah, that's true. I know they're currently using Valspar, but I wanted to go back to Quaker, because I think it looks better. I forgot to mention it.

7 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Thanks. About a kit using Colorado colours, I initially thought about using them, but I wanted to bring back their old style.

Thank you. About the diamond pattern, I make all the designs in Paint, so it's a bit difficult to get it  right, but it's an element I wanted to use.

And yes, I'll be also making designs for all the expansion teams.

Fair enough it's a unique style.

I like the designs, although I think you should probably stick to the current sponsors for each team, IMO it helps to make them more realistic. Sponsors are just something you have to deal with in designing soccer kits. also I think the ivy funds would look better than the ford log. I realize you changed them because of how they look. I like the designs, keep up the good work

7 hours ago, Aggie12 said:

I like the designs, although I think you should probably stick to the current sponsors for each team, IMO it helps to make them more realistic. Sponsors are just something you have to deal with in designing soccer kits. also I think the ivy funds would look better than the ford log. I realize you changed them because of how they look. I like the designs, keep up the good work

Now that you say it, you're right. For example, I changed Chicago Fire sponsor because it just doesn't look good to me.

But anyway, for the remaining teams (after RSL, which is alredy finished) I'll be using their actual sponsors. Thank you for the compliment, BTW.

After a few days break, let's continue the series with Real Salt Lake. For the Royals I decided to make a little tweak to their crest: I kept its shape and the crown, but changed the monogram and added a mountain shape at its top. This will be the last team with a sponsor change, featuring Xfinity instead of LifeVantage.

The home kit uses RSL traditional style, featuring red as main colour, dark blue sleeves and yellow accents. The design also features a yellow diamond pattern over the cuffs and at the socks cuffs, as well as a subtle horizontal diamon pattern on the fron of the shirt.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Real Salt Lake Home Kit.png

The away kit uses the same style than the home, using white as main colour, dark blue sleeves ans red accents. The front of the shirt also features a subtle pattern, made all of diamonds, which is different from the home kit pattern. 

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Real Salt Lake Away Kit.png

Archived