MLS x Umbro (Inter Miami added 24/24)

Victormrey

3 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Next team is Orlando City.

For the home kit I decided to use two purple shades, dividing the shirt in halves, and also featuring gold details on the collar, and cuffs.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Orlando City Home Kit.png

The away kit is mainly white, with a purple/gold striped pattern on the collar, cuffs and socks. Featuring a subtle diagonal pattern.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Orlando City Away Kit.png 

Who would of thought the Orlando Divers (I call them this because of the first game they ever played which was against NYCFC, Orlando flopped left and right) could have good looking kits.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WARNING: DISAPPOINTED CITY FAN ALERT

Sorry, I'm not really feeling the OC kits. The half-and-half was clever, but just not executed well. I may also say that I love the current kits, so almost anything would be a downgrade to me. I do like the gold being incorporated more, and I like the kits more if you used even more gold. The away kit is again a good idea, but just not executed right. A little red also wouldn't hurt (2014 USL as an example). I love the ideas, but they just don't work for me. (Also, NY's Greatest, don't try to act like NYCFC didn't flop in that game either - just they didn't call it, because the refs are against us :P)

ExJworW.png

38 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Sorry, I'm not really feeling the OC kits. The half-and-half was clever, but just not executed well. I may also say that I love the current kits, so almost anything would be a downgrade to me. I do like the gold being incorporated more, and I like the kits more if you used even more gold. The away kit is again a good idea, but just not executed right. A little red also wouldn't hurt (2014 USL as an example). I love the ideas, but they just don't work for me. (Also, NY's Greatest, don't try to act like NYCFC didn't flop in that game either - just they didn't call it, because the refs are against us :P)

The footage doesn't lie we didn't flop as much let alone as blatantly as COSC (never heard of Orlando City just the City of Orlando lol) you guys are just upset that you didn't win your first game. Also I do agree with adding red into the uniform because the red is truly apart of OCSC's culture and history if anything I say they get a red alt or red trim on the current kits or crest

55 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

The footage doesn't lie we didn't flop as much let alone as blatantly as COSC (never heard of Orlando City just the City of Orlando lol) you guys are just upset that you didn't win your first game. Also I do agree with adding red into the uniform because the red is truly apart of OCSC's culture and history if anything I say they get a red alt or red trim on the current kits or crest

Yeah, most of our fans (including me) are just salty that we didn't win our first game, but I imagine NYCFC fans are just as salty about Kaka's penalty that (admittedly) robbed you guys of a win in your first game. I also can't wait for Atlanta, even though every concept that I've seen and probably will see has black-red stripes (for obvious reasons).

ExJworW.png

On 8/7/2016 at 4:08 PM, Crabcake47 said:

Since I began following the PL in early 2014, one of my favorite kits ever has been this Sunderland secondary:

image.jpeg

I've always thought that that combination of that teal, black, and white would look good on a Miami team. 

As as for the name? Maybe something like Miami Current SC? You could do a sublimated sash with squiggly lines kind of like a wave

Thanks for the suggestions.

About the kit, I had these ideas: Home: Teal/Black/Black, using black pinstripes, like in that Sunderland kit. Away: all-White (with the wave pattern).

About the name, Orlando City's complete name is orlando City SC, and I don't want to use it for both Florida teams.

On 8/7/2016 at 6:49 PM, New York's Greatest said:

Who would of thought the Orlando Divers (I call them this because of the first game they ever played which was against NYCFC, Orlando flopped left and right) could have good looking kits.

4 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Yeah, most of our fans (including me) are just salty that we didn't win our first game, but I imagine NYCFC fans are just as salty about Kaka's penalty that (admittedly) robbed you guys of a win in your first game. I also can't wait for Atlanta, even though every concept that I've seen and probably will see has black-red stripes (for obvious reasons).

Thank you guys for the feedback and for the suggestions. I'm not a fan of purple/red combo, also. I'm not really sure how red would look like along with gold. Honestly, I don't have good tweak ideas ATM, but I'll keep on working, and if I come up with a better design, I'll post it.

About the OC - NYCFC match, I didn't watch it, so I can't talk :P

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I also can't wait for Atlanta, even though every concept that I've seen and probably will see has black-red stripes (for obvious reasons).

Indeed, ATL Utd will get black and red stripes. But I'm giving them a (kind of) retro look, inspired by Umbro 80's designs.

6 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Very true about both things. I too can't wait for Atlanta.

3 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Thank you guys for the feedback and for the suggestions. I'm not a fan of purple/red combo, also. I'm not really sure how red would look like along with gold. Honestly, I don't have good tweak ideas ATM, but I'll keep on working, and if I come up with a better design, I'll post it.

About the OC - NYCFC match, I didn't watch it, so I can't talk :P

In all fairness it was an amazing game that I would watch over and over again and I thing @Magic Dynastywould agree me...maybe...i think the game is somewhere online 

6 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Thanks for the suggestions.

About the kit, I had these ideas: Home: Teal/Black/Black, using black pinstripes, like in that Sunderland kit. Away: all-White (with the wave pattern).

About the name, Orlando City's complete name is orlando City SC, and I don't want to use it for both Florida teams.

Those kits sound awesome! You should definitely try those out. 

The stuff about SC makes sense too. 

spacer.png

Let's continue with Atlanta United.

For the home kit I decided to use an even number of stripes, using a retro-inspired style.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Atlanta United Home Kit.png

The away kit is mainly white with red and black pinstripes and gold logos.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Atlanta United Away Kit Final.png

1 hour ago, Victormrey said:

Let's continue with Atlanta United.

For the home kit I decided to use an even number of stripes, using a retro-inspired style.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Atlanta United Home Kit.png

The away kit is mainly white with red and black pinstripes and gold logos.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Atlanta United Away Kit Final.png

This is probably the best AU concept I've seen yet, great job! Also, I would go with Inter Miami and teal-white-orange for the Miami team.

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

This is probably the best AU concept I've seen yet, great job! Also, I would go with Inter Miami and teal-white-orange for the Miami team.

I agree with the name but maybe use pink or navy blue to make them different from the Dolphins

soflo copy.png

This is probably the best AU concept I've seen yet, great job!

Thank you!

Also, I would go with Inter Miami and teal-white-orange for the Miami team.

56 minutes ago, soflo_sports said:

I agree with the name but maybe use pink or navy blue to make them different from the Dolphins

I would like to use orange, given it's common for sport teams from Miami, but given Miami FC alredy use that combination, I will stick to Teal/Black.

2 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Thank you!

I would like to use orange, given it's common for sport teams from Miami, but given Miami FC alredy use that combination, I will stick to Teal/Black.

Yeah that sounds like it would work too, I just suggested pink because it screams Miami, and no MLS teams use it now, but hey it's your concept ;) 

soflo copy.png

1 minute ago, soflo_sports said:

Yeah that sounds like it would work too, I just suggested pink because it screams Miami, and no MLS teams use it now, but hey it's your concept ;) 

Yeah, thats true. Now that you saw it, I'm thinking on this:

Home: Teal with black and pink details.

Away: Black with teal and pink details, to make them standout.

Also, if I used pink, I could use a flamingo on the logo.

Just now, Victormrey said:

Yeah, thats true. Now that you saw it, I'm thinking on this:

Home: Teal with black and pink details.

Away: Black with teal and pink details, to make them standout.

Also, if I used pink, I could use a flamingo on the logo.

Yeah that sounds like it would work. Just a pet peeve of mine, I don't really like using flamingos for Miami teams because I really have no clue how that became a symbol for the city. If you wanna use one though go ahead.

soflo copy.png

4 minutes ago, soflo_sports said:

Yeah that sounds like it would work. Just a pet peeve of mine, I don't really like using flamingos for Miami teams because I really have no clue how that became a symbol for the city. If you wanna use one though go ahead.

Well, I thought Flamingos are "common" there. I went to Florida 7 years ago, and the Flamingo is a quite used symbol in Miami, so I thought it'd be OK to use it.

Just now, Victormrey said:

Well, I thought Flamingos are "common" there. I went to Florida 7 years ago, and the Flamingo is a quite used symbol in Miami, so I thought it'd be OK to use it.

Yeah they're a common symbol but too many people think they live here or something lol.

soflo copy.png

Archived