MLS x Umbro (Inter Miami added 24/24)

Victormrey

28 minutes ago, Victormrey said:

The six remaining teams belong to the successive MLS expansion projects, from 2015 to 2020.

The designs will be posted in chronological order: New York City FC, Orlando City SC, Atlanta United FC, Los Angeles FC, Minnesota United FC and the Miami expansion team.

For this last one, I would like to ask you for help, related to the club name and colours.

I've had some ideas for the name: Inter Miami, Miami Football Club, Atlético/Athletic Club Miami and Club Deportivo Miami.

And these are the colour combinations I've thought: Teal/Orange, Teal/White/Black, Pink/Black and Yellow/Whie/Blue (inspired by Miami Fusion).

Which name and colours sound the best to you?

For Miami, I would go with Miami FC, because thats currently the placeholder name, and I would go with teal white and black as the color schemes, as second choice for name I would go with Inter Miami

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Aggie12 said:

For Miami, I would go with Miami FC, because thats currently the placeholder name, and I would go with teal white and black as the color schemes, as second choice for name I would go with Inter Miami

Thanks for your opinion.

6 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

Love the canadian teams, Philly not so much...then again Im biased because I hate the union

Thank you. About the Union, no problem, it's normal that you don't like the designs of a club you hate :P

BTW, stay in tune, I'll be uploading the NYCFC kits in half an hour.

Let's start the expansion team design with NY City FC.

The home kit is inspired by the uniform of the two franchise owners: Light Blue / White / Navy combination, inspired by the first Manchester City light blue kit, used from 1894 to 1951, and used later in the late 80's / early 90's. And navy pinstripes, inspired by the classic New York Yankees uniform.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro NY City FC Home Kit.png

The away kit uses the template of the Ireland EURO 2016 away kit. Featuring navy as main colour, light blue details and orange Umbro logos, colour taken from the NY City flag.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro NY City FC Away Kit.png

11 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Actually Toronto FC have used white kits in 2011, 2013 and 2016, grey kits in 2007 and 2009, and onix only in 2014. But i wanted to use Onix and Red because it's a colour combination which I really like and which I find unique.

I make a white version of the design, keeping the shorts in onix, given the home shorts are alredy red:

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Toronto FC Away Kit 2.png

I actually really like it. I think it looks more Canadian.

There's one thing I was hoping to still see used here: The thin darker Onyx lines used in the other concept (I think they were supposed to be a gradient thing, but I wonder how'd they look with this jersey.)

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

11 hours ago, Aggie12 said:

I like both of them a lot

few suggestions

Home- pinstripes lighter, and make the umbro logo and etihad navy

Away - make etihad orange

Here you go:

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro NY City FC Home Kit 2.png

I'm not really sure about the home kit, it looks fine, but I think it looks better with white logos. On the other hand, the away kit looks much better with the sponsor in orange.

8 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

There's one thing I was hoping to still see used here: The thin darker Onyx lines used in the other concept (I think they were supposed to be a gradient thing, but I wonder how'd they look with this jersey.)

The "diamond-ish" pinstripes are supposed to be subtle. I tried to left them in onix, but the kit didn't look good.

8 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I don't like the white shorts with the pinstripes for NYCFC. I feel navy would look better.

I still want to see a Orange 3rd though. Please?

Sorry, but I'll keep them white. It's City traditional look.

I've not make 3rd kits (maybe I'll make them in the future), but given you ask for it, I'll be working on a NYCFC orange 3rd kit today ;)

Love the NYC logo on the 3rd kit. I'd like to see some orange on the home (it's our distinguishing feature...especially now that MCFC changed its logo). Even if it's end of the sleeves sandwiched between navy blue like on the logo. Great work! 

23 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

Love the NYC logo on the 3rd kit. I'd like to see some orange on the home...even if it's end of the sleeves sandwiched between navy blue like on the logo. Great work! 

Thanks!

For the home, how about somehing like this?

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro NY City FC Home Kit 3.png

9 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Here you go:

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro NY City FC Home Kit 2.png

I'm not really sure about the home kit, it looks fine, but I think it looks better with white logos. On the other hand, the away kit looks much better with the sponsor in orange.

The "diamond-ish" pinstripes are supposed to be subtle. I tried to left them in onix, but the kit didn't look good.

Sorry, but I'll keep them white. It's City traditional look.

I've not make 3rd kits (maybe I'll make them in the future), but given you ask for it, I'll be working on a NYCFC orange 3rd kit today ;)

I'm in love! However on the away kit I believe the the stripes should be orange to differ from the real kits of the Sporting KC. The Orange kit works for an alternate. The Yankee pinstripe should only be worn on a Yankees appreciation night.

1 hour ago, Victormrey said:

Thanks!

For the home, how about somehing like this?

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro NY City FC Home Kit 3.png

Beautiful!!...Shut Up and Take my money NOW!!!

35 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

I'm in love! However on the away kit I believe the the stripes should be orange to differ from the real kits of the Sporting KC. The Orange kit works for an alternate. The Yankee pinstripe should only be worn on a Yankees appreciation night.

Thank you for the compliment. How about inverting the orange and the light blue on the away kit?

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro NY City FC Away Kit 2.png

Next team is Orlando City.

For the home kit I decided to use two purple shades, dividing the shirt in halves, and also featuring gold details on the collar, and cuffs.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Orlando City Home Kit.png

The away kit is mainly white, with a purple/gold striped pattern on the collar, cuffs and socks. Featuring a subtle diagonal pattern.

Sportslogos MLS x Umbro Orlando City Away Kit.png 

Since I began following the PL in early 2014, one of my favorite kits ever has been this Sunderland secondary:

image.jpeg

I've always thought that that combination of that teal, black, and white would look good on a Miami team. 

As as for the name? Maybe something like Miami Current SC? You could do a sublimated sash with squiggly lines kind of like a wave

spacer.png

Archived