National Basketball League New Zealand redesign (whole league sum up)

Pulv!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/4/2016 at 9:54 AM, Uglybus said:

I like the logo. Very New Zealandy. 

The MountainAirs name is weird. I'd change it. A little strange that it's the MountainAirs who are the only team to not share a name with a pro team in the States. 

And name one of the teams Kiwis! That's a must for a New Zealand league! :D

MountainAirs is a play on Mountaineers and they are not the only club to share a name with a US pro team.

Canterbury Rams (Christchurch) Not in NBA

Nelson Giants Not in NBA

Southland Sharks (Invercargill) Not in NBA

Super City Rangers (Auckland Bay Area) Not in NBA

Taranaki MountainAirs (New Plymouth) Not in NBA

Wellington Saints Not in NBA

Past teams

Waikato Pistons (Hamilton)

Otago Nuggets (Dunedin)

Manawatu Jets (Palmerston North) Not in NBA

Love the idea Pulv of the ball, but i would have changed the name to differentiate it from the Aus NBL to Aotearoa Basketball League (ABL).

Also i think that the Hawks need to be more orange (darker) and be called Bay Hawkes.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Just now, fumbler said:

MountainAirs is a play on Mountaineers and they are not the only club to share a name with a US pro team.

Nelson Giants Not in NBA

Past teams

Otago Nuggets (Dunedin)

Love the idea Pulv of the ball, but i would have changed the name to differentiate it from the Aus NBL to Aotearoa Basketball League (ABL).

Also i think that the Hawks need to be more orange (darker) and be called Bay Hawkes.

I was talking about the NFL, MLB, and the NHL. 

The names could be more creative, is what I was saying. 

I just now realized that this is an actual real life league. I thought it was fictional. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

52 minutes ago, Uglybus said:

I just now realized that this is an actual real life league. I thought it was fictional. 

So you wanted it to be more creative by copying identities of Real Life sports teams............. ok.

Yes it is a real league.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

12 hours ago, Pulv! said:

Hawke's Bay Hawks

Home city: Napier, Hawke's Bay

Old logo

p-trans.php_.gif

My concept

hawks home.png

hawksaway.png

I have an idea,Hawks doesn't really sound good under Hawkes bay,so I thought you could change it to the Maori name

Hawkers:Akiaki.Or

Hawks:Whatura.I thinks this would work well.BTW I live in Auckland.

Hawkes Bay Whatura :)

image.jpgimage.pngimage.pngGo the Blue Jays!And New Zealand!

image.png

3 hours ago, fumbler said:

Nelson Giants Not in NBA

Past teams

Otago Nuggets (Dunedin)

Also.Kiwis is a whole country team name,not regional.Besides,we already have the rugby league team,the Kiwis

image.png

4 hours ago, Uglybus said:

Fictional,Really?!?!Of course not!:lol:

This is their real logo

image.jpeg

image.png

I made this Hawkes uniform with the Maori name on it.It was rushed and I'm on iPad so I couldn't download the font so I did it with the closest font I could but I'm hoping you can improve it and use the name on the logo too.image.png

image.png

Ok, it seems I was not clear enough at first...

I'm doing my own redesign of the NBL New Zealand, the actual top tier basketball league of the country. I know it is a name similar to other leagues but this is the name they have.

The teams are the actual teams of the league. The last three teams are not in the league now, but they used to be.

When I do a rebrand of a league I always try to stick with actual color schemes and names (like in this past threads Rugby league Super League or Elite Ice Hockey League), so I know that many names could be more creative or the color schemes better, but this is not the intention of my work here. I work on creativity in other threads I share with you, like for example The Italian Football League Expansion. Here I can still use my creativity on logos and kits ^_^

Just to make it clear...

BTW I'm thinking of changing the name of Hawke's Bay Hawks to Bay Hawks, as this will mean not to change the whole name into a new one. Hawke's and Hawks where definitely bothering me :D

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

Hawke's Bay Hawks are now Bay Hawks

I corrected it on the OP

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

Nelson Giants

Home city: Nelson

Old logo

Nelson_Giants_logo.png

My concept

38363651741_a5dd9e51ac_o.png

38363651741_a5dd9e51ac_o.png

I must add that designing a new logo for a team named the Giants is always hard for me as a giant is a difficoult thing to make a logo from. That is why I went with a letter logo.

Nice start to the series. I'd like to suggest contracting the outline on the jersey numbers for the Bay Hawks. It's a little overwhelming, IMO.

For Nelson, I think you'd be able to find a nice block font for the jersey numbers that pairs with the wordmark. The current is just too difficult to decipher.

Keep it up!

Is this number font any better?

Changed it in the OP

Southland Sharks

Home city: Invercargill, Southland

Old Logo

200px-Southlandsharkslogo.png

My concept

38363665631_71f252bbe1_o.png

38363665971_e286b8bac8_o.png

For the logo I got inspired by the San Josè Sharks fin logo

Any C&C about Southland Sharks?

Supercity Rangers

Home city: Auckland North Shore

Old logo

2907779_1_M.jpg

My concept

38363653321_fb6e28f19d_o.png

38363652911_c585e577ff_o.png

Archived