ldconcepts' NHL Expansion (Las Vegas and Seattle added)

ldconcepts

In this thread, I'll post my ideas for NHL expansion. The teams aren't meant to be realistic, so don't flood the comments with arguments on how Toronto will never get a second team.

First up:

TORONTO TOWERS

Toronto%20Towers%20Concept_zpsgooosbil.p

This is a fourth update on an old concept (123). I was inspired by the Toronto flag for the arms, and flaunted a unique colour scheme with the same striping pattern on each jersey.

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

7 hours ago, zg313 said:

The striping pattern reminds me a lot of Ohio State's football uniforms. But I think it works with the logo well. The shoulders are brilliant, although the red maple leaves get lost in it. Great job on these overall! 

Completely agree. I love the shoulders, and I love the inspiration behind them, but it seems too busy. Maybe removing the leaf might help?

5 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Completely agree. I love the shoulders, and I love the inspiration behind them, but it seems too busy. Maybe removing the leaf might help?

Will do. As @zg313 has brought up, the maple leaf idea just gets lost, and it might be too close for a team trying to distance itself from the Leafs.

Nyzv9xS.png

The shoulder treatment and its reference to the city's flag is fantastic...nicely done.

The maple leaves do get a little lost, so they might not be necessary.

This looks great.

I'm curious as to how it would look in just red and white, with two horizontal hem stripes matching the vertical arm stripes.

Like I said... the working of the city flag into the striping pattern is brilliant.

4 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

The shoulder treatment and its reference to the city's flag is fantastic...nicely done.

The maple leaves do get a little lost, so they might not be necessary.

This looks great.

I'm curious as to how it would look in just red and white, with two horizontal hem stripes matching the vertical arm stripes.

Like I said... the working of the city flag into the striping pattern is brilliant.

I'm honoured, sparky! I like that idea, but it's look too much like Detroit. I feel like it would be better suited for a Maple Leafs "City Pride" alt with the Arenas' T crest on the front.

The Towers concept will be updated soon, along with a Las Vegas concept. Just for reference, I'll post the Leafs alt as well. In the coming days, look out for Quebec or Seattle!

Nyzv9xS.png

TOWERS UPDATEToronto%20Towers%20Concept_zpsekyc6fks.p

-Removed maple leaves

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS "TORONTO PRIDE" ALTERNATE (Idea inspired by @sparky chewbarky comment)Toronto%20Pride%20Concept_zpsnnzxxolr.pn

-Matched hem striping with Toronto flag arm pattern

-Removed arm striping for a simplified look for the Leafs

-Added "hanger effect" of TORONTO PRIDE

-Used simple Arenas logo to match one-stroke striping

LAS VEGAS BLACK KNIGHTS

lv%20update_zpss0q7gy0h.png

-Las Vegas flag inspiration gives sash look

-Army Black Knights former logo edited onto shield for aesthetic, knight imagery

-Simple LV logo graces shoulders as patch

-Four suits hanger effect

C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived