City Color Identities Concept

User9113

10 hours ago, User9113 said:

Sure! I'll do a alternate layout like I did with the Florida panthers logo.. I did think of using the flag colors directly but I'm really trying to limit the number of red/blue teams though... I guess powder blue hasn't been used very often though.

Other ideas I had were letting the Cubs keep red and having the baseball teams seperated by the Sox being black/gray and the Cubs being Black/Red or letting the Bears keep orange but I'm saving the Red/Black (will be revealed next) and Orange/Black color schemes for different cities (Maybe a certain city in Ohio).

I think the inclusion of black would be a good compromise so each team doesn't just look like the Chicago flag. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/1/2017 at 10:02 AM, coco1997 said:

I think the inclusion of black would be a good compromise so each team doesn't just look like the Chicago flag. 

Here's chicago per coco1997's suggestion.Top row is my original recolor, second row is using the city flag colors and bottom is city flag colors + black.

IdBQTmJ.png

41 minutes ago, User9113 said:

Here's Arizona

XZNdBcF.pngTqrxT0d.png

To say I'm amazed by this series is a bit of an understatement. I personally tried something similar a while back but never came close to what you've got done so far. With that being said the brick and sand colour scheme for 'Zona is brilliant. It allows the cards and coyotes to keep solid marks and make sense of the name plus gives a beautiful recolour to the suns.

2 hours ago, User9113 said:

Here's chicago per coco1997's suggestion.Top row is my original recolor, second row is using the city flag colors and bottom is city flag colors + black.

IdBQTmJ.png

Bottom row is close to perfect, but I would fill the negative space of the Sox logo with red and try to incorporate blue into the Cubs one somehow.

For New York, I'm considering a Long Island vs Manhatten/Bronx approach with the Jets and Giants each joining a side, which would mean:

Long Island:

Jets

Mets

Nets

Islanders

Manhattan/Bronx:

Yankees

Giants

Knicks

Rangers

I'm thinking about using the same/similar approach for Los Angeles but I'm open to other ideas for both cities if anyone has any. Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

Do Cincinnati Making White the Primary color with red as the secondary with a white Bengal tiger and the Reds staying relatively the same.

Also do Cleveland. Make Green primary and blue secondary with red accents. Browns would need a name change but oh well.

I might be missing something here, but why would green be the primary if none if their teams use it at all?

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

The colors aren't necessarily supposed to be what certain teams wear. The green comes from the green accents in the Cleveland flag and the fact that it is nicknamed the Forest City. It's either you go with what I've said or you go Wine and Navy. Or Maybe even Navy and Orange. Brown definitely must go in my opinion. It was only a suggestion.

The more I think about it the wine and navy idea is a great idea. So would Navy and orange. Wine and Navy would fit the Cavs and Indians easily. The Browns can actually be a reference to the Canton Bulldogs with the Wine being used as a primary color for them to replace the maroon of the Bulldogs.

image.png

8 hours ago, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

The colors aren't necessarily supposed to be what certain teams wear. The green comes from the green accents in the Cleveland flag and the fact that it is nicknamed the Forest City. It's either you go with what I've said or you go Wine and Navy. Or Maybe even Navy and Orange. Brown definitely must go in my opinion. It was only a suggestion.

The more I think about it the wine and navy idea is a great idea. So would Navy and orange. Wine and Navy would fit the Cavs and Indians easily. The Browns can actually be a reference to the Canton Bulldogs with the Wine being used as a primary color for them to replace the maroon of the Bulldogs.

I don't know... since Arizona and Colorado already have dark red I've been debating if I want another dark red team. At one point I was considering either Yellow/Maroon or Brown/Yellow for Cleveland but I'm still up in the air at the moment. It won't be red and blue though, I'm really trying to limit the number of Red/Blue cities. The white Bengal tiger idea for Cincinnati is cool though!

What if St. Louis had kept its NFL Cardinals and not lost them to Arizona, and the USFL had not folded, but still had the Wranglers around?  How would you adjust certain franchises or areas' looks in such a case, including Pittsburgh and/or Arizona, for example?  Just wondering, that's all.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

11 minutes ago, Turtle Pilgrim said:

What if St. Louis had kept its NFL Cardinals and not lost them to Arizona, and the USFL had not folded, but still had the Wranglers around?  How would you adjust certain franchises or areas' looks in such a case, including Pittsburgh and/or Arizona, for example?  Just wondering, that's all.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

I hadn't thought about this, but I imagine the team could keep its logos and identity, they'd just have to recolor to the colors of the city they moved to.

For example, if the Denver Broncos moved to Pittsburgh, they would change their team colors to black and yellow.

Well, the USFL team in Denver was the Gold, and they had gold and black, while Pittsburgh had the Maulers in the same league for a year, it seems, and they mainly wore purple and red, if memory serves, or at least those were the main colors of their logo, anyway.  Houston would still have red and black and gold for the Gamblers if they still existed in Houston, I'm sure.  Maybe you could look at relevant past or present teams' looks for various areas or cities, and then adjust their assigned base color schemes accordingly, as you might find necessary and/or appropriate, I think.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

This is an awesome idea, but I have to say, some of the color choices I would change.

-Philadelphia gets a gray(or a light green or blue) as an accent.

-Chicago gets powder blue and red.

-Use the dark gray/blue for Boston as a primary, not an accent.

-Dallas should get green too. I'm not quite sure why you left that out.

tinysig.jpg

Archived