City Color Identities Concept

User9113

11 hours ago, User9113 said:

Okay, I haven't decided what to do with New York and LA but I'm leaning towards keeping the teams in line with what their name is i.e. NY Knicks are NY but Brooklyn is Brooklyn or I may just  split NY into boroughs. I'm saying Golden State counts as Oakland right now since they play there, but I'll probably include an SF version for when they move. The 49ers are San Francisco. Haha I'm not going to tell you exactly what color Arizona will be but I'll tell you they won't be purple unlike this next region.

So the NY Yankees and Mets, and the NY Giants and Jets, are going to be the same colors? 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

totally agree that the panther should be orange with a teal tongue..

also, came to post that i'm in love with the maroon and light blue broncos. especially the light blue jersey version. that is just beautiful.

hoping to see dallas as a kelly-green-and-navy city. stars and mavs and reunion arena will always make me feel like those are dallas colors, even though i'm going to just assume we'll be the same navy-and-silver that everyone outside of dallas wants us to be, thanks to the cowboys and cuban-era mavericks.

-edit- i'll just leave this here :P

dallas-skyline-at-night.jpg

double edit-

purple for the wild is really intriguing me... i think a purple and gold identity for them could work. i really like purple as a color, and it's barely used. if minnesota wild fans could embrace that, instead of yearning for stars colors, i think they could get something pretty amazing that could be solely their own.

This has always been a really cool idea to me, to unify different cities under respective color schemes. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series!

For Colorado, since the main motto is "Purple Mountain Majesty", I would change the main maroon color to the Minnesota shade of purple. I've always thought that purple and light blue is a unique and under-used color combo. For Colorado specifically, the purple could represent the mountains, and the light blue the sky. Maybe it'd be worth a shot.

Since Colorado would now be the main owner of purple, I would change Minnesota. For me personally, I've always thought the Timberwolves color scheme of royal blue, green, and black/silver would be a great scheme for Minnesota as a whole. The blue would represent the 10,000 lakes, the green the forest of trees, and the black the night sky, or the silver the moon. 

For Miami, I really like the use of teal, orange, and black. It's probably the best compromise. But like others said, some teams, like the Heat and Panthers, can be a little bit more orange-heavy than the Dolphins and Marlins. That's probably part of the fun, that some teams can use more of a color than others, but still be unified under one scheme.

Once again this a cool idea, I'm excited to see more in the future!

I like the idea of this project, but there are a few things you should fix. For instance, the Vikings are the only team in the Minnesota set that use yellow. For the Twins logo, how about making the roundel purple and the "Twins" text yellow? 

On another note, a few people suggested the Panther logo should be primarily orange with some teal highlights, but I'd argue that would make it look more like a tiger. 

20 hours ago, User9113 said:

Miami

EPj4TkD.png

5m4dKOH.png

XPjMbbQ.png

I was actually hoping to see you try the South Beach colorway that Nike uses ( teal, black, and pink). 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

By the way, I always liked that the Mets incorporated the colors of the two teams that left NY, the Dodgers and Giants. Originally Royal and Orange, later adding Black as an alternate color didn't change this. Seems like the NY fans are either Yankees/Giants or Mets/Jets fans. 

Seems like NY has an overwhelming amount of Royal Blue, with 4 of the 6 teams having this. 

Mets - Royal & Orange

Knicks - Royal & Orange

Giants - Royal & Red (their Royal a little darker)

Rangers - Royal & Red

Yankees of course are Navy Blue, and the Jets are Green. 

Nets, if you count them - Black & White. But they have been Royal & Red for most of their history. 

So for NYC I'd go with just Royal & White. Maybe darken up the Royal to be more like the Giants as a compromise for the overwhelming Yankees fans. 

This is going to be a great series! The Miami colors easily look the best, although I'd suggest using the current Panthers' logo and making the main body of the panther orange, with teal accents. Same with heat, the basketball orange and the flame teal. 

fiowXOD.png

Okay! Sorry, I've been busy the past few days, a lot of you suggested I switch the colors on the Florida Panther's old logo (I'm using the old logo because I think it works better for this series)  here are a few options for the panthers logo.

1. I switched the colors as a few of you suggested

2. Same as original

3. Black out (probably not the one I'll choose, just an idea I liked)

4. Teal, pink, and black as Chawls suggested

mZNlHSH.png

UPDATE to Minnesota. Some of you were concerned because the Vikings logo still had gold, when none of the other teams didn't. To be clear, the viking was just supposed to be blonde with a gold helmet, there was wasn't supposed to be gold in the Vikes color scheme. To clear things up, here's the a silverhaired viking logo.

0oDrqTG.png

On July 24, 2016 at 8:24 AM, MJD7 said:

This has always been a really cool idea to me, to unify different cities under respective color schemes. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series!

For Colorado, since the main motto is "Purple Mountain Majesty", I would change the main maroon color to the Minnesota shade of purple. I've always thought that purple and light blue is a unique and under-used color combo. For Colorado specifically, the purple could represent the mountains, and the light blue the sky. Maybe it'd be worth a shot.

Since Colorado would now be the main owner of purple, I would change Minnesota. For me personally, I've always thought the Timberwolves color scheme of royal blue, green, and black/silver would be a great scheme for Minnesota as a whole. The blue would represent the 10,000 lakes, the green the forest of trees, and the black the night sky, or the silver the moon. 

For Miami, I really like the use of teal, orange, and black. It's probably the best compromise. But like others said, some teams, like the Heat and Panthers, can be a little bit more orange-heavy than the Dolphins and Marlins. That's probably part of the fun, that some teams can use more of a color than others, but still be unified under one scheme.

Once again this a cool idea, I'm excited to see more in the future!

Thanks! I thought about the t-wolves colors but, green/blue already owned by another city in my head and don't worry, that city has plenty of trees and water in its own right. I think you're right about the heat/panthers needing to be a bit more orange heavy in Miami, I'll see what people think about my panthers update and change them accordingly.

1 hour ago, User9113 said:

Thanks! I thought about the t-wolves colors but, green/blue already owned by another city in my head and don't worry, that city has plenty of trees and water in its own right. I think you're right about the heat/panthers needing to be a bit more orange heavy in Miami, I'll see what people think about my panthers update and change them accordingly.

Sounds good. The only reason I suggested that (other than me really liking the scheme) is that it would allow Colorado to embrace a more true purple. I can't complain with Minnesota having purple though! But as some others said, I think the Vikings gold would make a cool secondary color as opposed to black.

And for Miami, I like 1 the best probably, but 4 would be really interesting as well.

Let me start by saying how much I love this thread.

The one thing I have an "issue" with is that in some concepts you don't fully make use of all your colours.

You should also decide which ones are main colours vs. secondaries.

So without "hijacking" your thread, can I make a few suggestions in the for of my own recolouration?

Here are some suggestions (I will remove if people think I'm hijacking this):

Heat 2.pngHeat 1.pngBroncos Red Blue.pngWild.png

And finally, I think it's prety clear it can't work for every city (Boston being the best example) but don't be afraid to push the envelope (Who's idea was it to have Maple Leafs blue, when our flag is red???)

Good Luck, I'll be watching this closely.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

7 hours ago, Frenchie said:

Let me start by saying how much I love this thread.

The one thing I have an "issue" with is that in some concepts you don't fully make use of all your colours.

You should also decide which ones are main colours vs. secondaries.

So without "hijacking" your thread, can I make a few suggestions in the for of my own recolouration?

Here are some suggestions (I will remove if people think I'm hijacking this):

Heat 2.pngHeat 1.pngBroncos Red Blue.pngWild.png

And finally, I think it's prety clear it can't work for every city (Boston being the best example) but don't be afraid to push the envelope (Who's idea was it to have Maple Leafs blue, when our flag is red???)

Good Luck, I'll be watching this closely.

Canada has only had that flag since 1965, before that, they had varying uses of Britain's Union Jack. The Leafs predate the flag by nearly 50 years. Also, before renaming, they were the Blueshirts. They kept the colors when the name changed.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 7/29/2016 at 9:38 AM, BeerGuyJordan said:

Canada has only had that flag since 1965, before that, they had varying uses of Britain's Union Jack. The Leafs predate the flag by nearly 50 years. Also, before renaming, they were the Blueshirts. They kept the colors when the name changed.

Thanks for the history lesson.

Despite how long it's been, I think it's quite internationally accepted that Canada's colours are red and white (let's see what they wear in Rio), but Toronto's teams don't necessarily need to scream "Canada". (The City of Toronto's logo is blue, and the flag is primarily blue as well.) 

I was more thinking of it from a design stand point. With 4 major professional teams (Sorry Argos' fans) with relatively different colour schemes, I think that using 2 colours makes it more interesting than just 1.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

On 7/28/2016 at 10:12 PM, User9113 said:

Okay! Sorry, I've been busy the past few days, a lot of you suggested I switch the colors on the Florida Panther's old logo (I'm using the old logo because I think it works better for this series)  here are a few options for the panthers logo.

1. I switched the colors as a few of you suggested

2. Same as original

3. Black out (probably not the one I'll choose, just an idea I liked)

4. Teal, pink, and black as Chawls suggested

mZNlHSH.png

Either 1 or 4, really.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, RickAZ said:

Problem with this website is people start something and then nothing........

Right? It's like, "How dare they have a life outside of the CCSLC boards?" 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the really long break! Its been a busy few months, anyway its been about 6 months.. I think this thread needs an update. Here's Seattle and Washington DC, Kirk's red is looking a bit pink.. Photoshop isn't my strong suit. 

7ryF7Rn.png

9aNrehq.pngW9pHHpy.png

HFfF1sY.png

Archived