I saw the Bobcats' unis yesterday.

Rolie Polie Olie

First of all, this site is awesome. I remember checking it out about 5 years ago to help ID a football jersey I was given at a trade show, and it looks 1000 times better now. Not that it looked bad then, but this looks like a real pro deal.

Anyway, the Bobcats' game unis are about to be revealed but I saw a pic of them yesterday (in print, unfortunately I couldn't save or scan it, but I'm working on that) and Bob Johnson was right, they are different.

:puke:

They're not different in the way you probably guessed. The cut is traditional (tank top, shorts) except for the "pixie shirt" neckline and arm holes that are taking over the NBA. What's different is their new color, and I'm not talking about orange.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What so the 'cats aren't wearing orange?? I am not buying that, why would they spend so much on a marketing campaign and everything they have done to come yup with something drastic now?? I could be wrong, but this feels like a wind up to me!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Biscuits? Is Darryl Strawberry a part-owner of that team? :P

Ok, seriously... the Bobcats' road uniform is definitely orange. But the unique "color" that they have incorporated into their uni is clear. And by clear, I mean transparent. And they're actually going to consider it a team color in their literature.

I'm noy buying this at all in the slightest! I could be way off, and if i am well sorry! But transparent fabric?? Aw c'mon please! If you're gonna waste space on the boardslike these well fluff off to fanhome!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Not the whole thing! Just a couple of cutouts. But, it'll still be beyond barf. I can't imagine they will get through the season with them. Didn't the Nets' change out of their tie dyes in mid-season? This has the potential to be 10 times worse.

They made a slick little brochure with some drawings that tells the whole bizarre story. Evidently, Mr. BET heard about some black football player in Australia who lifted up his jersey to reveal his skin as a statement against racism and (Bob must have been blazin' some killer green) he came up with this idea to include a "color without color" as a kind of symbolic whatever (and it's not even the Olympics, go figure).

Admirable enough, I guess, but I don't think people want to shell out for front row season tickets so they can see Jahidi White's love handles or an infected ingrown hair on Jason Kapono's shoulder. The transparent parts are on the front of one shoulder and the opposite side panel and they're made out of some new acrylic stuff, and that is why the unveiling is so late.

I almost forgot in between retching, the home and road have different graphics. The home has the whole logo with the number above it, and the road has just Bobcats.

nope still not buying it! Might makew me look very stupid at some poijnt, but just can't believe in the idea of 'transparent' fabric.

If they have made a brochure,and its out there, how is this not getting more media coverage? And the 'invention' of transparent fabric would be out there as well!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I hope that it never sees the light of day.  Maybe Bickerstaff will veto it like Keenan did to the Blues' gay mardi gras sweaters.

I guarantee you my brother-in-law isn't skilled enough with DTP to make up a hoax like this.

And with this comment u have just outed yourself. Now I REALLY don't beleive you.

I'm going to go along with Saintsfan and say that at the (slight) risk of having some egg on my face, this is either a hoax by someone or some misinformation. I'll believe when I see (and turn away) from it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived