I saw the Bobcats' unis yesterday.

Rolie Polie Olie

Yesterday after lunch I had a long photo shoot here in the new Bobcats uniform. I?m going to miss the big unveiling in Charlotte because I?ll be in Athens, so I took some pictures with the new uniform before I left. It felt good to put on the uniform and get a preview of what it will be like to put it on once the season gets started. I think fans are going to like our uniform. It has a little different look with some unique features that will set it apart and appeal to fans.

I got this from the Bobcat's website. Seem like it could be possible with this comment, and the comment from the charlotte.com article. This isn't sounding good.

Bah......

Proud supporter of the Carolina's pro teams!

Carolina Panthers

Carolina Hurricanes

Charlotte Bobcats

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think it will be "transparent" as such, maybe a mesh type material that is a different color than the jersey. Much like the underarms on some hockey jerseys. Just something to let the air flow. Thats how I envision them.

I dont think it will be "transparent" as such, maybe a mesh type material that is a different color than the jersey. Much like the underarms on some hockey jerseys. Just something to let the air flow. Thats how I envision them.

I must just be negative, but I can't see them looking good. It would have been nice for the Bobcats to have established a nice simple jersey. That way when the fad fades, they don't have to change their uniforms.

The Panthers did a great job of this. 10 years and never changed their uniforms, unlike Jacksonville. I'm just a stickler for tradition... and I feel it's important for an expansion team to find that identity and stick with it.

Edit: I'm going on the thinking that all the comments are leading to a crappy looking jersey. If I'm wrong and they have nice looking traditional jerseys then none of this applies :D

Carolina Panthers

Carolina Hurricanes

Charlotte Bobcats

Hmmm here is a thought, (and I apologize profusely if it is waaaayyyy off) but could 'RoliePolieOlie' be the same guy as MoJoToe??

The evidence- Newbie starts a topic about a very unlikely uniform innovation, citing vague evidence he is unable to share.

Newbie has only made 6 posts, all in this thread.

A previous 'alias' used by MojoTo, as admitted in the captions thread in the lounge is 'Ddanigirl76', apparently MJTs wife (how unlikely does that sound!!) The person who met up with a Pantone expert at a convention was Danny! (Coincidence???)

And bioth MJT and RPO (Similar feel to the names as well dontcha think!) give as little away in there member profiles as possible!

Like I say, could be wwwaaaayyyyy off with this but this still doesn't add up to me! Hey just call me the Columbo of the boards!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Like I say, could be wwwaaaayyyyy off with this but this still doesn't add up to me! Hey just call me the Columbo of the boards!

11-7066.jpg

There's just one more thing.......

I love watching Columbo!

I saw, I came, I left.

Hmmm here is a thought, (and I apologize profusely if it is waaaayyyy off) but could 'RoliePolieOlie' be the same guy as MoJoToe??

The evidence-

A previous 'alias' used by MojoTo, as admitted in the captions thread in the lounge is 'Ddanigirl76', apparently MJTs wife (how unlikely  does that sound!!) The person who met up with a Pantone expert at a convention was Danny! (Coincidence???)

That post in the Lounge (Caption This) that I made by my so-called " previous alias", was a cut and paste of paynomind's glorious apology thread to all those that he cheated. It wasn't MY words!

So using your logic then, paynomind is Rollie Pollie Ollie.

Six degrees of Kevin Bacon!

And you guys think there's no material here for a screenplay.

The evidence-

A previous 'alias' used by MojoTo, as admitted in the captions thread in the lounge is 'Ddanigirl76', apparently MJTs wife (how unlikely does that sound!!) The person who met up with a Pantone expert at a convention was Danny! (Coincidence???)

That post in the Lounge (Caption This) that I made by my so-called " previous alias", was a cut and paste of paynomind's glorious apology thread to all those that he cheated. It wasn't MY words!

So using your logic then, paynomind is Rollie Pollie Ollie.

Six degrees of Kevin Bacon!

And you guys think there's no material here for a screenplay.

That almost sounds like an admission of guilt to me!

Anither thing, how does a guy from Boston get evidence about the Charlotte Bobcats uniform??!!??

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

If all this is true, why isn't MoJoTo banned? Making false threads and being annoying as he is known to be why keep him around?

Carolina Panthers

Carolina Hurricanes

Charlotte Bobcats

My fear is it's gonna have a "hip-hop" feel to it-

:puke:NBA

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Lets just make 1 thing clear, these are just accusations from me at the moment, and in know way represent an official view of the board. As far as MoJoTo, well chris prefers not to ban people and if this is MJT in disguise, it kind of gives away one of the problems of banning people- they can just keep coming back with new aliasses!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I may be the only one, but I actually hoping the Bobcats jerseys DO have a piece of fishing-line mesh that shows through to the skin below. I think that would be pretty cool.

How long before a Bobcat with a long contract gets a tatoo right on that very spot, so it shows through the hole? And how long before one of his product endorcements gets him to tatoo their logo there?

the possibilities for folly are endless!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'm not able to share the evidence yet because I don't have it in my hands anymore you goof.

My bro in law is a member of the production team of one of the networks and that's how he heard about the Bobcats' unis. It became known to them through the NBA that there is a problem with the new material already. (From what I read it seemed more like plastic, but maybe it's a fabric, I don't know.) They found out somehow that although it's truly transparent it's also more reflective than normal jersey material... also that on film, when the light hits it a certain way, it looks pink! I guess you can compare it to glass which is also clear but when you look at it from an angle with a light behind you, you see all kinds of crazy reflections.

It's threatening to screw up some things, not just tv broadcasts. He also heard that the NBA's uniform licensee isn't sure they will have jerseys in stores before NOVEMBER. Sheesh.

Heh... I forgot to tell you about the jersey guy.

He was from Texas and he was wearing a San Antonio Texans CFL jersey with a Baltimore hat! So since I'm a sports fan the people I was with and I asked him where he got that stuff and he told me his story about all his jerseys, yadda yadda yadda and he even pulled out photos... he has every kind of jersey and they were hung up according to color which is extremely anal-retentive but whatever...

That's not even the funniest thing about him. I don't care what a guy spends on his hobby (if you got the cheez, spread it) but his name was Marquis and he pronounced it like the MLB player Marquis Grissom and I think it's hilarious every time I'm reminded of it. If you're going to jock a playa's name, pick one who gets respect, not some washed up platoon outfielder! :cursing:

Archived