NHL 2017 Redsign (Added All Star Game)

colinturner95

The 'yotes concept looks great. As someone dating an Arizona fan, I watch a decent amount of them, and I wish they looked this good, on the ice.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I think I got Arizona figured out, but if you still want to look it over for me, be my guest, but in the meantime I'm going to move onto Calgary: 

Y4IPZpj.pnge7ldmge.png

Calgary might have the worst look the league. Blunt but honest. The random piping, the flags on the shoulders. Yeah it needs to go. I think the answer for them lies in the past. 

-dropped black from the home and away uniforms. 

-look reminiscent of the 80's, but made a new striping pattern. 

-dumped the name font and went to a block font, but kept the numbers

-pants have a new stripe. 

Alternate:

hA02EnN.png

-I loved the logo from the now retired alternate jersey, so that gets used here

-kept the pointy yoke but added stripes to it, and I'll explain why. 

-the double stripes come from the old Calgary Stampeders (WHL, not CFL)

-and I then extended the design across the board.

C&C welcome as always

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I was gone a lot longer than I wanted, and I hope that doesn't kill this thread.  

UjKbTQV.pngp9asgxO.png

So the Oilers look is pretty timeless, so naturally, I messed with it. The biggest complaints I've seen, is that there is a lack of orange on the white jersey which I hope to fix. 

-not a whole lot of change between the two.

-on the home, the orange on the sleeves gets smaller and less obtrusive. 

-the logos are outlined in orange on both jerseys

-home numbers become white. 

-away jersey gets orange cuffs to match the home

-pant stripe no longer inexplicably widens at the bottom

-socks stay the same.

Alternate: 

qSp4aZr.png  

I LOVE THIS JERSEY!! Only change I can remember is the logo is outlined like the rest. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 9/28/2016 at 3:11 PM, bkknight95 said:

Welcome to the West: 

PNjTcZ8.pngPUnjGo9.png

I don't know how you mess with the Blackhawks' uniforms. They're classic and timeless. So I went ahead and messed with them ever so slightly. I was a big fan of the more recent Winter Classic uniforms and so that played a deal into the design. 

-jerseys remain largely untouched. Only difference is the Tomahawk "C"'s are on the stripes. The home hem no longer goes all the way down. 

-away jersey stripes flipped so theres a more bit of consistency. 

-pants don't change. 

-socks don't change. 

Alternate: 

yadoddq.png

Rather than recolor a jersey for an alternate, I did something a little newish. 

-black jersey, roundel with modern logo. 

-used the hem stripe across the board on this one

-Tomahawk logo on the sleeves. 

C&C welcome!

I'd make a couple of tweaks: go with 5 sleeve stripes on the red jersey rather than three, and swap the colors of the stripes on the white jersey back to the traditional black-white-red-white-black. The regular striping on the white jersey actually ends up matching the breezers which is really cool.

Always looking for more input on Edmonton, but here's the Kings

YBLK2b4.pngUfZaB8x.png

Kings look damn good I think. Plus they've finally captured not one, but two Stanley Cups in the current look, so unitl they decline to a drastic point, so not too much changes overall. 

-look doesn't change overall. 

-hem stripe follows the hem now. 

-50th anniversary logo on the chest. 

-pant stripe gets added. 

Alternate(S): 

ngv9LjE.png

LA finally gets a grey alternate. Not a far departure from the home and away, but the LA logo is on the chest. And you may notice a lack of anniversary logo, and that's because this would be (in my little NHL universe) unveiled the season after this. 

zPdaom0.pngUmbOcNb.png

Here's the 50th Anniversary set. Nothing too special. They've worn both of these the last couple years. 

C&C welcome as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 11/10/2016 at 3:04 PM, TheGoldenTriangle said:

I would like to see a little bit of purple added to Main Set. I think it would really bring the jerseys together.

I personally found that to be the worst look they've ever worn, so that's why the silver and black and purple and gold stay together on their own jerseys

So moving on to the Sharks: 

mqvmAGs.png   yqCi3XW.png

The Sharks have always seemed to take one step forward and two steps back when it comes to their uniforms. However. Since dropping the front numbers on the uniforms, they've gone more in the right direction.  But some people think that they should drop orange and return to silver. I thought, "why not both?"

-look is very reminiscent of the inaugural uniforms the team wore. 

-teal, black, silver and orange are the palette for the team. 

-I tried to work silver and orange with each other and I think I did it the best it can be done. 

-shark fin logo on the shoulder, primary logo stays the primary logo

-socks mirror the jersey stripes. 

Alternate: 

uRae9Op.png

These designs were finalized before the Sharks dropped the new alternate logos on us. Still debating on whether or not to update with the new logos. 

-black alternate, also very similar to the IRL uniform

-this time, silver is added, devoid of orange. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Alright. Wrapping up the Pacific Division!

kJiF2s0.pngbgLBW8r.png

Vancouver does not have a good look in my opinion. In fact, a ground up overhaul would be good for them in my opinion, but I didn't do that. I worked within mostly what they currently have and made the most of it. 

-darkened the blue to an almost navy, the green didn't change too much. 

-double stripe, much like the first uniform set, also interrupted by the V. 

-single color numbers. 

-modern Stick in the Rink graces the chest. I tried to widen the "C" inside the logo, but I don't think it worked. 

-socks mirror the jersey, pants have the SItR on the leg. 

Alternate: 

iFpQFwM.png

Everyone remembers the beautiful V jerseys right? Well they inspired these guys. The sleeves at least. Plus its about time Johnny Canuck has his day. 

-green jersey, about time. 

-Johnny Canuck on the front. 

-V style stripes on the sleeves

-double stripe on the socks. 

C&C welcome as always. Special Events coming up next!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Nice job on the Canucks. Only thing I'd really change is to get rid of the serifs on the sleeve "V"s. The stick out beyond the top and bottom of the stripes and seem incongruous given the sans serif "V" on the alternate both on the sleeves and the Johnny Canuck. I think using the same "V" as on the Johnny Canuck logo would be a major improvement.

16 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Nice job on the Canucks. Only thing I'd really change is to get rid of the serifs on the sleeve "V"s. The stick out beyond the top and bottom of the stripes and seem incongruous given the sans serif "V" on the alternate both on the sleeves and the Johnny Canuck. I think using the same "V" as on the Johnny Canuck logo would be a major improvement.

So, I'm not quite committing to this update, but here's what the Johnny Canuck V looks like on the sleeves. 

yJS9Awx.png

I am not a fan of that. It looks weak compared to the serif'd V in my opinion. 

15 hours ago, Tox1cVenom said:

What comes after this? Retro teams?

After this, I will be posting the Special Events, so Winter Classic, Heritage Classic, All Star Tournament, etc. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

2 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

On the Canucks' alternate, I would flip the white and blue with each other to make the blue more prominent

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I think the revised "V"s fit in better with the overall aesthetic. If the crest and numbers were clunkier I would agree with you but I think more slender looks great.

Alright I caved on both of them. 

yJS9Awx.png10uGAjg.png

Changed the V to a more fitting V, which in this case, came from the Johnny Canuck logo. 

XLskr2d.png

And flipped the place of white and blue on this guy. 

Anything else you guys see that needs fixing? 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived