Washington Wizards Concept Unveiled

AAO

haha, kept the same colors, changed everything else. In the secondary logo, that's the Washington Monument just in case some of you guys didn't know. Also, what should i do with the face? Not to keen on the shorts myself just yet, let me know what you guys think/suggestions:

WizardsConcept.gif

version 2 updated 7.31.04 -

wizardsversion2.gif

Overall, this is a great package here, and I love the idea you have for the shorts. Very nicely done. I personally hate the Wizards current logo, and would love to see a change take place. It seems impossible to get a good Wizards logo from anyone (see also: Kansas City Wizards, MLS).

I have two comments about this, however, that I think could greatly improve this. One would be to add a face. It looks very ambiguous with the lack of facial features, and the hat could use a little crank-up too. The other thing is that my snap reaction when I saw the DC secondary is "lipstick," because to me, that's a little bit what the top half resembles if you're not directly looking at it.

Great work otherwise, as always! The force is strong with this one...

great design for the Wizards this is.

Oh sorry, found myself in yoda mode there for a second! The England soccer road shorts have a similar stripe across the back thing! Was that an influence at all?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I actually had an idea jump out at me when thinking of something you could do for the face... Here's a really quick sketch I did to try and illustrate what I'm thinking:

wizards.gif

The concept is sort of a Gandalf-esque wizard summoning the powers of the basketball. The arms could be in varied positions... either cupped around the ball or they could be held straight up in a powerful summoning position... whichever looks better. Instead of having the kinda stereotypical pointy hat, give him some long, flowing gray locks, to give him an ancient feel. The other idea for this is to have the light source come from the ball so it'd be underneath him, shining upwards to give kind of a dramatic shadowing effect.

Echoing what everyone has said thus far, I'd like to add that the hat looks like one of those long sock tuques you used to see a few years back at ski resorts, but were quickly abandoned because they were dumb.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The force is strong with this one...

Word.

Great overall package. I won't bother repeating the comments about the wizard in the "DC" secondary.

I love the new wordmark, the numbers, and of course the paneling on the jersey and shorts (seems to be your specialty). The "W" tertiary is also quite nice.

Only thing I'm not really feeling is the black alternate. I think that the home white and road blue jerseys are strong enough to where it's not really necessary to include a third jersey. It's nice and all, but it just looks like it was thrown into the mix for the hell of it.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Only thing I'm not really feeling is the black alternate. I think that the home white and road blue jerseys are strong enough to where it's not really necessary to include a third jersey. It's nice and all, but it just looks like it was thrown into the mix for the hell of it.

haha this all ties into your hate for alternate uniforms, like you said in my jazz concept that you dont like alternates usually but liked the alt jazz one i made. but i do the alternate for a concept always because i personally think every team in the league should have an alternate (which about over 50% of the NBA does.) but thanks for the input guys.

Instead of having the kinda stereotypical pointy hat, give him some long, flowing gray locks, to give him an ancient feel. The other idea for this is to have the light source come from the ball so it'd be underneath him, shining upwards to give kind of a dramatic shadowing effect.

thats the best suggestion i have ever gotten, i can picture it in my head right now...but then i think about the fact that i have to use paint to do it... <_<

here's my reworked version, but it didn't turn out exactly how i wanted, reason being the limitations of paint.

Instead of having the kinda stereotypical pointy hat, give him some long, flowing gray locks, to give him an ancient feel. The other idea for this is to have the light source come from the ball so it'd be underneath him, shining upwards to give kind of a dramatic shadowing effect

man i can picture that perfectly in my head, and could most definetly hand draw it. but carrying it out in paint is another thing

this was the best i could do, for now:

wizardsversion2.gif

Im not quite so much a logo man, more of a uniform guy. So really there wasnt anything standing out at me intially in your uniform package, except for the awkward shaping of the bottom of the '0'. The '3' and '5' had arches at the bottom of them but there is some kind of peak created on the '0'. I think you should stick with the simple arch at the bottom. Again the peak just looks awkward. IMO

Other than that, you have a perfect uniform concept on your hands. :D

You should be very proud of these latest concepts! :D Keep up the great work!

(For the logo, I honestly have know suggestions, other than trust Nitro, the man's a graphic genius)

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

I am a little iffy on the logo, but the unis rule! I love using washington on the roads. Looks very professional and big league. Another great job! :D

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I like the Wizards Workmark - very good. Nice concept. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived