My First NHL Concept Series *Series Complete*

Hoovuh

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hoovuh said:

yxyALh2.png

Lets hear that C&C!

I'd switch to a tamer name bar (but keep the number the same) font for Minnesota, maybe Washington's?

I've gotta say that this is the first wheat/cream concept jersey I've actually liked. I usually approve of it on the home but recommend losing it on the away, but you've really nailed down that shade! 

Great work once again, love the red trim! (Maybe change the away numbers to how the TV numbers are on the green?)

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

On 1/4/2017 at 11:03 PM, ldconcepts said:

I'd switch to a tamer name bar (but keep the number the same) font for Minnesota, maybe Washington's?

I've gotta say that this is the first wheat/cream concept jersey I've actually liked. I usually approve of it on the home but recommend losing it on the away, but you've really nailed down that shade! 

Great work once again, love the red trim! (Maybe change the away numbers to how the TV numbers are on the green?)

Dont know why I didn't think of changing the away numbers earlier. Thanks for the suggestion. It looks much better now.

F9ZmznZ.png

Anyways Happy Friday everyone! I have two concepts for today. Montreal and Nashville.

Its hard to mess with my favorite teams jersey, and I wont play too much with their perfect home set. Their current away jerseys leave much to be desired. My updated away jersey is based around the one that the Canadiens wore from 1936-1938. It follows the typical Montreal design choice of having a non matching set, but I think it looks a bit cleaner. Let me know what you think!

oMc9bSf.png

The second set is from Nashville. Im not too sure how I ended up liking this set. Its a simple design and without the flair their current set has. Yellow remains the primary color, dropped the yellow helmets, and darkened the shade of blue to that used by @builtbymachines used in his Nashville logo.

ignoN8W.png

So I accidentally deleted the album that i use for these concepts from hosting site. Tried cleaning it up a bit and putting in what I have in those spots. Not the cleanest looking thread by any means, but hopefully that doesnt detract from everything I put up here! Sorry again to those following this!

Realized I haven't commented on LA yet. At first glance it looks simple, too simple, but the more I look at it, the more I really like it! Only change I'd make would to have the LA logos contrasting on both jerseys.

For Nashville, the opposite is true. I'm a sticker for character in hockey uniforms, and removing the guitar strings from the numbers takes some of that away. The striping pattern is too simple, but it could be easily fixed by putting five thin white stripes inside the home's blue stripes (yellow on the away) to make the blue like six guitar strings. (I hope that makes sense!)

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

3 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Realized I haven't commented on LA yet. At first glance it looks simple, too simple, but the more I look at it, the more I really like it! Only change I'd make would to have the LA logos contrasting on both jerseys.

For Nashville, the opposite is true. I'm a sticker for character in hockey uniforms, and removing the guitar strings from the numbers takes some of that away. The striping pattern is too simple, but it could be easily fixed by putting five thin white stripes inside the home's blue stripes (yellow on the away) to make the blue like six guitar strings. (I hope that makes sense!)

Thats what I thought about the LA jerseys as well. Very very simple in design, but It works. Here is the LA logo that contrasts on the shoulders.

aZktkWV.png

And here are 3 updated versions for Nashville with your C&C.

wpoP69y.png

NVR0Td7.png

EyDJ0KK.png

2 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

This definitely looks the best, but try spreading out the white stripes to have the outer blue stripes line up with the others... Great improvement, though!

1 hour ago, NoE38 said:

Option 2 for Nashville looks best for me. The one nitpick I have is that the yellow guitar strings on the away numbers might look better if they were white.

9sZYPT7.png

These all look pretty good though I particularly like what you did for Minnesota.  The simplified version of their original number-font looks great and it's nice to see them have matching home and roads.

I am glad that I ended up taking a break for the last 4 days. With news coming in that New Jersey will have a new uniform for classic looking Devils set, I am able to be a bit creative here. I don't stray too far from the look, but for sure tried something a bit different. Let me know how it looks!

daJLd8j.png

12 hours ago, Hoovuh said:

I am glad that I ended up taking a break for the last 4 days. With news coming in that New Jersey will have a new uniform for classic looking Devils set, I am able to be a bit creative here. I don't stray too far from the look, but for sure tried something a bit different. Let me know how it looks!

daJLd8j.png

@adidas, if you are going to make changes for the Devils, here. This looks amazing

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

Excellent series, Hoovuh. 

It seems that the Devils are gonna get a tweaking, and I'd be all in for the changes you have suggested.

In general, I prefer a crisp white over a sand or off-white colour, unless you're trying to evoke a vintage feel that would suit an outdoor classic game.

Nice work!!!

Thanks everyone for the comments about New Jerseys' set. Didnt expect this much for the set!

Moving onto the 2nd of 3 teams right near each other geographically and alphabetically, we have the New York Islanders. I like the current Islanders primary set with the large striping pattern. I think that with an addition of a contrasting yoke, paired with a logo that I found by logo designer Toni Pihlaja, I think it brings this set to a new level. Let me know what you think!

wD9MzAl.png

Archived