Oklahoma City Thunder Nike Uniform Concept

Scheuer

title.thumb.png.93731378f8c70ac492934181f90b3282.png

One of the teams I see the most concepts for on the internet is the Oklahoma City Thunder, and for good reason. They have one of the best color schemes in the NBA, but never seem to utilize it to their full potential. I've had a few ideas for the Thunder floating around in my head for a while, but didn't exactly know how to implement them. I wanted to bring in some Native American themes using the Thunder's color pallete, but not go too too crazy with OKC's unique scheme. When it was announced that Nike would be outfitting the NBA next season, I set to work putting my ideas into reality.

tertiaryspread.thumb.png.23341937e47f506488cf2c3cb90bcfcf.png

For this concept I created a custom tertiary logo for use on the shorts. It is a simple "OKC" monogram in the shape of a roundel. The background of the first version of the logo also shows off a special pattern I developed for the uniforms. Called Kiowa Sunrise, it combines Native American design elements with the OKC color scheme. This pattern is the bread and butter of the uniforms, and is also featured on the background of the first version of the logo.

white.thumb.png.23cf267a222ea289560395e2f6df2bbb.png

I wanted to keep the uniforms really simple and let the colors really speak for themselves. The uniform is simple plain white and features a blue old west style arching "Thunder" wordmark and sans serif numbers, similar to their current font. The main event really is the Kiowa sunrise elements, on the side panels of the jersey and at the bottom of the shorts. A plain white "OKC" logo is found at the bottom of the shorts.

powder.thumb.png.3a10e18cbee7650816e60145021f43f1.png

The powder blue away uniforms are the same as the homes with a few differences. White replaces the powder on the Kiowa Sunrise pattern, and a powder "OKC" logo replaces the white one on the bottom of the shorts. A white split "Oklahoma City" also replaces the "Thunder".

black.thumb.png.6633ddd886957187c065a3ea90161242.png

I must admit, I went pretty out of the box with the alternate jerseys. The Kiowa Sunrise pattern is sublimated over the entire top of the black jersey, with an arched "OKC" over the number. The other big feature on these uniforms is the big logo style Kiowa Sunrise version of the OKC on the shorts. Other than that, the jersey is trimness and pretty stripped back to let the pattern talk.

What do you guys think? Any constructive critism/feedback is welcomed.

I think your idea/concept is great but the execution could be better. I like the pattern but on the uniforms it creates the illusion that it is vibrating which is really hard on the eyes. I'd make the zig zags fewer and bolder to help that. Also the logo reads as Kc in a roundel to me. If I didn't know it was supposed to be OKC I'd think it was for Kansas City. I think adding an outer stroke and separating the O from the k will help this. 

Like I said, it's a very solid idea and I wish I had thought of it but it could use some work in those areas.

This is definitely one of the best thunder sets I've seen but I think it could be better by having the pattern go the full length of the jerseys and shorts on the home and away. The alternate set needs no tweaks.

Archived