Columbus Blue Jackets

joepro

I admittedly don't know the first thing about hockey nor the sport's uniform history or current aesthetic, but I'm very excited to see a concept focusing on the Blue Jacket as opposed to a shooting star or a cannon. As someone who's lived in Columbus for a quarter-century I couldn't tell you what relation any of those three things have to the city, but as long as the team is named to Blue Jackets that should be reflected in the branding. Job well done for that alone, but also because these uniforms are clean, interesting, and balanced.

11 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

I admittedly don't know the first thing about hockey nor the sport's uniform history or current aesthetic, but I'm very excited to see a concept focusing on the Blue Jacket as opposed to a shooting star or a cannon. As someone who's lived in Columbus for a quarter-century I couldn't tell you what relation any of those three things have to the city, but as long as the team is named to Blue Jackets that should be reflected in the branding. Job well done for that alone, but also because these uniforms are clean, interesting, and balanced.

Columbus was very influential in the civil war. The blue jackets is a reference to the Union side, hence the cannon and stars.  

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15 minutes ago, BucksFan5 said:

Columbus was very influential in the civil war. The blue jackets is a reference to the Union side, hence the cannon and stars.  

Thanks for the insight! I'm kicking myself for never putting that together or taking the time to look it up. I just remember seeing the goofy looking bee logo as a kid when the team was first created, and until now never questioned whether or not the nickname was anything more than that. 

Thanks for the feedback. The green I used was the colour that originally came with the stinger logo. I used the stinger logo rather than the cannon because it was a logo the had unveiled but never really used and I wanted to play with it.

Archived