Los Angeles Angels Concept

Bob5150

http://photobucket.com/albums/v187/Bob5150...t=LosAngels.png

You might have to go down the page a little and click on the small picture to bring up the full size one.

I think this could be a good look for the Angels if the decide to call themselves the Los Angeles Angels, and want to change their uniforms. I used the Indians idea of different dominant colors for the home and away uniforms, like they did from 1994-2001, with using a lot of red at home, and a lot of blue on the road. Oh, and the extra stripe on the left sleeve is supposedto be sort of a "halo". I wanted to have something on the sleeve, but not the same logo already on the hats and jerseys. I didn't think an alternate jersey was necessary. I used Gothamite's "LA" logo, from a concept he posted in another thread. Any suggestions would be really appreciated! I only have MS Paint, so sorry for the picture quality.

Your Photobucket account is password protected so unless you want to give every body access to your account I suggest you just throw "Img" in front of the link, and "/img" at the end, then put these things "[ ]" around each of the codes I just told you, and then just remove the hyperlink. ***You know what f*#k it, teh boards wont let me mess with tags so I tryed to go around it and now I bet everyones confused. Just post as pic directly into the boards by clicking on the IMG button above and typing in the url.*** :D

That way we can all see your pic without having to go into photobucket.

Argh, after all of this you better have a good concept! :evil:J/K Bob

Hope it works!

***=Edited in later

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

LosAngels.png

I take it, this must be teh image we are trying to find! :D

It's not bad at all, I'm liking that LA with the halo logo you have! I see though that you are working with Paint which is a total pain in the @$$. Keep workin with pain alot and youll start to figure out how to get pictures which arent so pixelated.

Overall though this is a very nice and orderly concept. It's not too clutured like others! :D Also i think you should whip up a nice red Batting practice jersey also for this, just to see what its like!

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

i like the name anaheim angels.

anyone else?

the unis are solid though. i perfer Gothamite's version (red caps) because he keeps the current scheme of the angels. its perfect. red, white, and blue, with red being dominant. we have to many red, white, and blue teams with blue being dominant.

One little bit of trivia about the current Angels' color scheme:

The designer of the current logo and uniforms told me that this whole idea that Gene Autry loved the color Red being the motivation for the redesign was a complete fabrication. Apparently, there's some pics of Autry in the Angels' front office wearing Red, and someone thought that it would make a nice story to say that "Gene always wanted to see the Angels in Red", or something to that effect...

EDIT: woo-hoo. 1000th post. Didn't even realize that I was that close...

i like the name anaheim angels.

anyone else?

the unis are solid though. i perfer Gothamite's version (red caps) because he keeps the current scheme of the angels. its perfect. red, white, and blue, with red being dominant. we have to many red, white, and blue teams with blue being dominant.

Nah, I'd be ashamed to be from Anaheim. :P

I think the LA with the halo looks too cluttered, at least the way you two have presented it. What about putting the halo over the L and not the A?

I think the LA with the halo looks too cluttered, at least the way you two have presented it. What about putting the halo over the L and not the A?

But, but, the halo's always over the "A". How dare you suggest such a...suggestion! :D

I wouldn't call Anaheim insignificant. It's actually the 54th largest city in the US with a population of about 325,000. That puts it larger than Buffalo, Tampa, Orlando, Salt Lake, etc. Besides, I live less than 40 miles from Anaheim, and it's a very nice city. No reason to be ashamed of using Anaheim as a sports team name.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived