Time to design a "Club America Houston" MLS logo..

NYCdog

Ugh....Glad that soccer happy Houston got a team.

Not to happy about another Mexican league franchise at the helm of it. Who's next....the Tigres Wiz. One's okay, but let's not get carried away here.

If this invasion keeps up, the casual sports fan might mistaken the "M" in MLS to stand for Mexican.

------------------------------

Club America Looking To Buy MLS Earthquakes, Move To Texas

Chivas? Team Triggers Club

America?s MLS Interest

Harris County-Houston Sports Authority CEO Oliver Luck indicated that Mexico-based Club America is ?trying to purchase the [MLS] Earthquakes and relocate the team to Texas,? according to Dylan Hernandez of the SAN JOSE MERCURY NEWS, who reports Club America rep Ricardo Ampudia met with Houston officials last week.

Houston City Council member Adrian Garcia?s Chief of Staff Giovanni Garibay scheduled meetings for Ampudia with Garcia, Houston Mayor Bill White and Luck.

Garibay said that Ampudia ?never specifically mentioned to him that Club America would purchase the Earthquakes,? but that he ?strongly suggested that Club America would have [an MLS] team ?within the next few weeks.??

Garibay added that ?part of Club America?s motivation was? rival Chivas securing an MLS expansion team to begin play next season in L.A.

Garibay: ?He said they didn?t want to be outdone.?

?Earthquakes parent AEG COO Scott Blackmun confirmed that ?talks with Club America were ongoing,?? but said, ?We have not reached an agreement to sell to Club America and have not reached an agreement to move the team.?

Story Link.....Prepare to register

NYCdog.png

Forgot one thing......word is, if Club America ends up buying the Quakes and moving them to Houston as planned, the team name would be the C.A. Houston Armada......

Wonder what type of logo this name would spawn.....

NYCdog.png

"You have got to be kidding! My Earthquakes, 2001 & 2003 MLS Cup Champions, are moving? This has to be the most horrible thing I have ever seen in MLS since they dropped their Floridian teams."

Hey, Retromaniac (or whatever your name is). Chill out. The LA Galaxy will likely move to San Jose next year and take up the Earthquakes name and colors. And I believe that they may build a new soccer-specific stadia somewhre in the Silicon Valley within the next three to five years if that happens.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

So, explain to me why San Jose would move to Houston, only to have LA move to San Jose? Does that make no sense to anyone else besides me?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You have got to be kidding me! My Galaxy replacing the Earthquakes? First of all, I have no idea what they were thinking when they stuck the new Chivas team at the Home Depot Center. All the markets in this country that they could exploit, and they throw another team in with the Galaxy. Sorry, but why on earth would they move CHAMPIONSHIP teams to make room for minor league Mexican League teams. People can argue all they want about how Chivas USA is just owned by Chivas, but let's be serious, it's going to be a minor league feeder team. There's no way Chivas would ignore its role in the Mexican League in order to build up the USA team. All that said, I would rather see Club America be awarded an expansion franchise, instead of watching the dominos start to fall if they purchase San Jose.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived