Just Another Batch of NHL Seattle Concepts

vtgco

I know that there are a lot of NHL Seattle concepts right now, but I decided to try my hand before my hometown team releases its logo and colors.

Here are my takes on six team names that I think are ideal (paired with some poor photos I've taken around town.)

First off, the Seattle Totems!

totems_display.png

The whole thing is a geometric version of the local Salish art style. The secondary logos are a monogram and a Metros S.

The alternate uniform combines the major aspects of the '63 WHL white jersey and the '66 green.

The font is a modified version of Frostbite Narrow.

I’d darken the green on the home, replace the teal with green on the road and Capital letter t on the alternate. Nice work tho!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Next is my updated version of the 1969 Seattle Pilots' look, translated to hockey.

pilots_display.png

The logo incorporates the Seattle flag S with the ship wheel from the original logo. The secondary converts the ship wheel into an airplane propeller.

The captain's stripes and laurel leaves on the home and away are taken straight from the baseball uniforms.

The alternate is inspired by the TB Lightning alt and this Sounders jersey.

The font is Liquorstore Regular.

Darken the teal on the home, that would be it! Good work yet again.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

3 hours ago, Blindsay said:

Darken the teal on the home, that would be it! Good work yet again.

pilots_display_darkened.png

I’d darken the green on the home, replace the teal with green on the road and Capital letter t on the alternate. Nice work tho!

It does look better with a darker green. Not sure I like the all-green road striping part better, but I gave it a shot:

totems_display_darkened.png

Thank you for your feedback!

Here are the Evergreens, with the Flying Tree jerseys:

evergreens_display.png

The logo is pretty simple, just an evergreen tree in the Evergreen State. The secondary logo is a circular saw with the Seattle seal S.

The home and away are inspired by the Canucks' Flying V uniform.

The alt is the saw with a plaid chest stripe because the Canucks have forgotten to reclaim lumberjacks.

The font is Octin Sports, but any font suggestions are greatly appreciated.

• vtgco changed the title to Just Another Batch of NHL Seattle Concepts (3/6)

An idea: for the home and road, have a vertical Seattle font down the middle inside the tree. Nice work again!

spacer.pngspacer.png

9 hours ago, vtgco said:

Here are the Evergreens:

evergreens_display.png

The logo is pretty simple, just an evergreen tree in the Evergreen State. The secondary logo is a circular saw with the Seattle seal S.

The home and away are inspired by the Canucks' Flying V uniform.

The alt is the saw with a plaid chest stripe because the Canucks have forgotten to reclaim lumberjacks.

The font is Octin Sports, but any font suggestions are greatly appreciated.

those unis are amazing, i'd totally wear that 

An idea: for the home and road, have a vertical Seattle font down the middle inside the tree. Nice work again!

Interesting idea! I tried it, though it probably needs something more unique than this standard block font:

evergreens_display_text.png

2 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

those unis are amazing, i'd totally wear that 

I'm glad you like it! Given the controversy of the Flying V, I was expecting some flack for it... 😋

Now, the current front-running name, the Seattle Sockeyes:

sockeyes_display.png

The primary logo is in the shape of the Seattle seal. The secondary logo depicts a ferry in the Puget Sound.

The home and away have more unique striping, while the alternate provides a more traditional option.

I also have a version in colors closer to the NHL Seattle website:

sockeyes_display_red.png

Which color scheme do you prefer? C&C appreciated!

• vtgco changed the title to Just Another Batch of NHL Seattle Concepts (4/6)
On 6/25/2019 at 5:31 PM, vtgco said:

I know that there are a lot of NHL Seattle concepts right now, but I decided to try my hand before my hometown team releases its logo and colors.

Here are my takes on six team names that I think are ideal (paired with some poor photos I've taken around town.)

First off, the Seattle Totems!

totems_display.png

The whole thing is a geometric version of the local Salish art style. The secondary logos are a monogram and a Metros S.

The alternate uniform combines the major aspects of the '63 WHL white jersey and the '66 green.

The font is a modified version of Frostbite Narrow.

I really like the primary totem - the shock of red is eye-catching, the Space Needle at the bottom is obvious but inobtrusive and overall with the choice of colors in the uniform separates itself from the other green-using teams. The secondary monogram is interesting - it reminds me of a simplified caduceus / staff of Hermes, which is an iconic enough silhouette to look familiar to people. 

4 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

WOW, the striping is beautiful!

9 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Absolutely gorgeous! The best one yet! One of the best sockeyes concepts I’ve seen, it’s great.

Thank you so much for the kind words!

3 hours ago, LBBrowns said:

The secondary monogram is interesting - it reminds me of a simplified caduceus / staff of Hermes, which is an iconic enough silhouette to look familiar to people. 

Thanks for your comment! I hadn't thought of that, but I was wondering why it looked so familiar! My dad said it looks like it could be a variant religious cross or something... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Next up I have two versions of the Metropolitans. They have a similar basic concept but the execution is kinda different.

METROPOLITANS,  STYLE 1: GEOMETRIC SPACE NEEDLE

metros_1_display.png

This version was inspired by @sparky chewbarky's beautiful art deco concept for the Metros in his Battle of Seattle series. I like his M + Space Needle a lot, but I prefer to focus on the iconic Metros S. I also tried to make a more simplistic version of the world-famous tower.

The secondary logo is an Emerald for the Emerald City.

The uniforms are fairly simple; I'm trying to keep a classy look here.

The font is Ageo Extra Bold.

METROPOLITANS, STYLE 2: VINTAGE SMITH TOWER

metros_2_display.png

This version is all about the 1910s, when the original Metropolitans were founded.

Rather than doing the Space Needle again, I decided to try the less world-renowned but locally important Smith Tower. It was brand new and super tall when Seattle took home its Stanley Cup.

The secondary logo is a 1910s steamer ferry.

Simple uniforms once again, but hopefully with a more vintage feel.

The font is Shackleton Regular.

Let me know what you think of my two takes on the Metros!

• vtgco changed the title to Just Another Batch of NHL Seattle Concepts (5/6)

And to round things out, the Emeralds:

emeralds_display_2.png

Pretty self-explanatory, for the most part. Mountains in an emerald for the primary, emerald in the Seattle seal for the secondary.

I'm not feeling 100% on the home & away jerseys, but they've got a polygonal pattern.

I'd appreciate your feedback on this one, or any of the previous. Thanks for the input so far!

Sockeyes: darken the blue on the home

Metropolitans part 1: an idea : make the edges of the S flow around the jersey and get rid of the striping.

Mets part 2 : I wonder how a cursive word mark would work on the alternate 

Emeralds: replace the teal with dark blue, make the SEATTLE and the edge of the space needle white.

Keep it up man!!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Hello v... Nice work on these...some good outside-of-the-box thinking...

Really like your Pilots secondary propellor logo...It's got a great vintage logo feel to it. Pilots can have both nautical and aviation references, and your combo of a propellor and captain's wheel is a great fusion. 

I like your direction on the Evergreens. I agree with you that with "Evergreens", you could pull in the plaid element. If there's a city that could rock the plaid, it'd be Seattle.

The "Tree-Sweater" would make a fun alt, in the same vein as the Canucks' "V", and the Dallas "Star" sweaters of the Modano era.

I like your Sockeyes primary. Would like to see that on the traditionally-striped sweaters.

The Mets double-line "Needle" logo is very nice! 

I think on the dark home sweaters, you could just reverse that logo (white on green), rather than put the white background on it.

Again, nice work! ...

Archived