Mlb style guide - ssur

TruColor

Well, I got me a genuine certified letter from Major League Baseball today.  This was a letter in response to my request for a password to the restricted areas of their site.  They were very nice and even fairly supportive of the SSUR and what we are trying to do, but due to the ever-increasing paranoia associated with counterfeit merchandise, they had to "with some regret" turn me down for a password.

Well, at least they were nice about it.  I mean they even sent the letter on official MLB stationary, and sent it certified mail.

The overall tone of the letter was VERY nice, and I may attempt to at least establish some sort of rapport with them about the group.

Oh well.

I guess that's the best news we could have hoped for.  I would have been shocked if they gave away a free password.  Anyone know how much one would cost?  At least they didn't order the SSUR to shut down or anything.  I wouldn't have put it past them.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

I guess that's the best news we could have hoped for.  I would have been shocked if they gave away a free password.  Anyone know how much one would cost?  At least they didn't order the SSUR to shut down or anything.  I wouldn't have put it past them.

That's the NHL that's been shutting people down, and it's got me worred a little.  With what some companies have been abusing the DMCA for, I'm surprised that Chris's site and theSLE.com and any fan sites are still around.

Here's what the letter looks like:

MLB Letter Pic

I think the text of this letter might also explain why the public style guide is down.  They are protecting the premature unveilings of new logos and uniform changes.

Even though we all already let the cat out of the bag...

• 8 months later...
  • 11 years later...

Archived