The New Wave - Los Angeles Clippers Redesign

SSmith48

First of all I want to apologize for the delay in the City project. I hope have it up and running soon. This was something I decided to do while completing my City project, and with all the chatter around the Clippers move to a new arena, it was time to re-imagine one of the more... generic and boring looks in the NBA. 

For this I turned to the past. To put it simply, I wanted to emulate a classic So-Cal feel. I brought back the blue and orange color scheme, giving the Clippers their own look again and allowing for a new bold and crisp identity. A modern take on a classic logo and uniforms help create a more original feel. I added the retro Chargers font to add some more retro touches within the look. To end off, the city uniform pays homage to the golden age of Hollywood and the tradition of the red carpet.

Enjoy #TheNewWave!

yvqwAk0.png

TxqKRmn.pngauvAqf7.pngNpvlizp.png

RnFpFhE.pngX7vlnPl.pnggWDC6E3.png

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

This is a great way to throwback the Clippers to the old look but maybe replace the old Orange with current Red to tie the eras together. As to the City Edition, I love the concept of playing into Hollywood with the wordmark and the colors, and I'm not a fan of 99% of City uniforms.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all the kind words! I just wanted to update this post with some alternate schemes that I tried out before settling on the light blue and orange: 

Teal/Orange/Black: Inspired by the proposed 1990's rebrand.

Blue/Red/White: The most well-known Clippers colors.

Navy/Gold/Red: A "Glamourous" version of the Clippers colors.

Light Blue/Navy/Red: Inspired by a concept I found.

Light Blue/Red/White: Replacing orange with red.

Blue/Yellow/Red: A more "bright/sunny" take on the traditional Clippers colors.

ESPq7YQ.png

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

3 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Thank you for all the kind words! I just wanted to update this post with some alternate schemes that I tried out before settling on the light blue and orange: 

Teal/Orange/Black: Inspired by the proposed 1990's rebrand.

Blue/Red/White: The most well-known Clippers colors.

Navy/Gold/Red: A "Glamourous" version of the Clippers colors.

Light Blue/Navy/Red: Inspired by a concept I found.

Light Blue/Red/White: Replacing orange with red.

Blue/Yellow/Red: A more "bright/sunny" take on the traditional Clippers colors.

ESPq7YQ.png

The first and the last set colors are my favorites. Something about orange and black just looks right to me.

The concept is really solid, but maybe it's my screen (or eyes!) but I think the orange could be a bit more orange. Looks red still to me?

Also, I wonder if perhaps the font is a bit too "tough" – reminds of me Harley Davidson somehow – which I'm not sure fits the concept

Archived