Minnesota Vikings - 60th Anniversary Concept

NeauXone

The Vikings usually unveil an anniversary logo every 5 years but ever since 2010 they haven't done so. Initially I started on this project just to make a fieldart mod for Madden 08 but over time I started taking it seriously and came up with a 60th Anniversary logo for the Vikings.

Vikings.png

The interesting thing about this logo is the purple gradient, which fades from dark purple on the top and bottom to a lighter purple in the middle. The dark purple is actually the Vikings' original shade of purple, which fades into the current shade of purple.

Any feedback is always appreciated.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

Really really nice looking. Great job! I think the reasoning behind the gradient is creative and it gives the logo a little depth but I'm sure there would be a version without it for other applications and it would look just as nice without it. If I were to give an critique on it, I would probably lose the points on the T, the A, and the V in Minnesota Vikings, and square off the G. I'd also work some more yellow into the "60" and decrease the amount of white in it.  Try to match the ratio in the 1961-2020. Nice design work though!

Yeah I would also ditch the yellow gradient, but keep the purple one. The Vikings have also never really used golden numbers, and since this is the 60th, rather than the 50th, I would just use plain white numbers, leaving the athletic gold for the outlines and the logo. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived