Logo Update!

Braden

Hey that's some great stuff going on right there.

I absolutely LOVE the basketball in there, the placement is amazing, kudos for the originality. You're being brave in putting neon green, and I like that. All in all, great logo, the shooting star adds the perfect touch.

Solid work, excellent logo, better than the original!

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

This has some good things happening, as eddie points out, but I still have some suggestions:

Right now, the UFO looks more like a Jetson's 'car' than a UFO... I always imagined UFOs as being symmetrical about the horizontal axis... i.e. they have as much of a bulge on top as below. My suggestion would be to have a smaller portion of the ball bulge out at the top, while having the bottom of the ball bulge out at the bottom.

Also, the ship could look a little more metallic. You have some good shading happening, but perhaps some sheen (and perhaps even lights around the 'rim') could help make it even more UFO-like.

I'd also increase the size of the UFO to extend beyond the outer circle. Right now it looks 'trapped' within the circle.

I'm not huge on the colours, but they are unique, and I can respect that.

Again, you've done some terrific work so far, and hopefully my comments have been helpful (regardless of whether you care to use them or not).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Thanks for the great input SyPhi.

Well... see... I kinda wanted that modern cartoonish look to it, but I wanted to see if I can keep the same style as the old-time circular NBA logos.

Philadelphia76ers3.GIFMinnesotaTWolves.GIFNewJerseyNets4.GIFHoustonSDRockets.GIFBostonCeltics78.GIFDetroitPistons7996.GIF

You get what I mean... I wanted to incorporate the basketball like that so I had the idea of using the alien ship instead of the norm.

Plus I thought that people's common perception of UFOs is this

ufo.jpg

So I went with the flow.

And with the colours... the only way I learn is from experimenting. Lime Green is a challenge to work with but I think I pulled it off.

I'll see what I can do to improve it more.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I'm starting to catch on here. Interesting thought process.

One suggestion stemming from the 'photo' you posted was to change the perspective to slightly below the UFO. That way the top looks less like a tumor on a pizza pop and would also look sleeker. Not to mention the subliminal message that the Aliens are above the viewer.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived