MLB Map

LMU

Sorry, but geography is a hobby of mine, so I had to try out the sports map thing. And, this map includes most of Canada, so I'll either try the NHL map, or I can send a blank one to whoever wants one. I put the Senators on here, and put the international "no" symbol over the Expos, just to be ready for last year.

mlbmap.png

VmWIn6B.png

the theory of layers i just made up and published into a law says that if you put something on top of another, you wont be able to see whats on the bottom, so if two things go in the same spot, you have to put them next to each other. please allow a 30-50 mile grace zone becasue of the scale of the map. thank you. :D

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Just for fun I made the divisions according to the map, if the MLB switched to the East/ West system:

WEST

Pacific

Anahiem

Los Angeles

Oakland

San Fransisco

Seattle

Central

Chi. Cubs

Chi. White Sox

Kansas City

Milwaukee

Minnesota

Southwest

Arizona

Colorado

Houston

San Diego

Texas

EAST

Atlantic

Boston

N.Y Mets

N.Y Yankees

Pittsburgh

Philadelphia

Northeast

Cinncinatti

Cleveland

Detroit

St. Louis

Toronto

Southeast

Atlanta

Baltimore

Florida

Tampa Bay

Washington

ok, I moved Cincinnati, used the other D-Backs logo, and changed the Mets to something more legible. And, I'm fully aware that the White Sox are too far south, but unless I wanted a huge image file, I had to put it there. And, I tried to put the Yankees and Cubs on the north, and Sox and Mets on the south, just so the identities of those portions of NYC and Chicago are shown. Because, I don't want to offend anybody by showing the Bronx east of Queens.

VmWIn6B.png

The only problem with that realignment is the AL-NL history. Yes, I know it's for fun, but how about this little tweak so that the leagues and divisions are actually even?

AMERICAN LEAGUE

West

Anaheim

Oakland

Seattle

Texas

Houston (yeah, I know, but this way a Dallas/Houston rivalry can develop)

Central

Kansas City

Minnesota

Chicago White Sox

Cleveland

Detroit

East

Toronto

New York Yankees

Tampa Bay

Baltimore

Boston

NATIONAL LEAGUE

West

Los Angeles

San Diego

San Francisco

Colorado

Arizona

Central

St. Louis

Chicago Cubs

Cincinnati

Milwaukee

Pittsburgh

East

New York Mets

Washington/Montreal/North Virginia

Florida

Philadelphia

Atlanta

So, just one change, but hey, it creates a fierce division rival, and it makes it so that the NL central doesn't have 2 more teams than the AL west, adding a little more competition to the mix.

VmWIn6B.png

Wow Seattle looks so lonely on that map... let's move Montreal to Vancouver!

Noone went to see the NBA, would it change for the MLB?

I thought Vancouver drew fairly decent in the NBA, not leading the league or anything, but better than what they've drawn in Memphis

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived