2004 NFC Wild Card - Rams vs Seahawks Uniforms

While watching highlights of the 2004 wild card game between Seattle and the rams, I noticed that I really like both uniform designs from that era. The colors are unique, the style is consistent, and no monochrome. I love the rams font as its not too reliant on a gimmick and the stripes on Seattle look great. The only thing a dont like is logo patches on the sleeves. Sure, their classic looks are much better, but these are darn good. They're two great uniform sets, during a bad era for NFL uniforms.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

Those Rams uniforms were terrific up and until they added white and blue pants. They never needed to go away from the gold pants.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Getting rid of the gold pants unwittingly made a distinction between the GSoT and the 2007-2011 Rams, who were maybe the worst show on turf. The Rams in all navy felt like a moribund team, a spent force.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

Seattle technically isn't monochrome because they have contrasting navy socks. I think monochrome is all one color.

It’s still monochrome, jersey, pants and even the helmet are all the same color. the socks are just separating it for looking like unitards.

This is still my favorite look for Seattle. The unique shade of blue with just a hint of neon green and the navy socks = chef kiss. I'm not a monochrome guy either!

As for the Rams, this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I think this is when they looked their best. They fairly quickly destroyed the look with the white and blue pants. I always hated how the helmet and jersey blues didn't match in the classic Rams look, if they had it would have been my number one instead. 

I realized why I wasn't that into Seahawks old look, they constantly wore all white on the road and that sucked. They should have worn colored pants on the road 90% of the time, it made them look super unique. That shade of blue with the metallic finish is awesome.

2002_Hasselbeck.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

Archived