USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

Get ready folks, there will be a fan poll to pick the next identity for a Las Vegas USFL team after the Thunder make their move official.  The city, and its new domed stadium, will get a new tenant and that tenant will get a new identity.  

Here is the premise:  I have 3 different identities selected, all from real teams from a variety of leagues.  You will get the chance to vote as to which one the club will use.  So, what are the options, and which would you want to lobby for? 

Coming very soon. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, WideRight said:

Get ready folks, there will be a fan poll to pick the next identity for a Las Vegas USFL team after the Thunder make their move official.  The city, and its new domed stadium, will get a new tenant and that tenant will get a new identity.  

Here is the premise:  I have 3 different identities selected, all from real teams from a variety of leagues.  You will get the chance to vote as to which one the club will use.  So, what are the options, and which would you want to lobby for? 

Coming very soon. 

Wow...this escalated pretty fast...looking forward to seeing where the Thunder move and who moves to Vegas (I'm doubting an expansion team is in the works as of yet)

Probably the San Diego Thunder. 

Could we see the WNBA Aces? The Rattlers from indoor football? An American Footie league had a great Scorpions logo but I can't find it anymore. 

24 minutes ago, WideRight said:

Just as a hint, all 3 Las Vegas options will be based on teams that played in Las Vegas IRL.  That limits it quite a bit.  

Posse, Outlaws, Locomotives, right?

I think "Sting" could still work with a scorpion instead of a bee. That was their first Arenaball team in 94 IRL.

"Gladiators" could still work since Caesar's Palace is right around the corner.

7 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Posse, Outlaws, Locomotives, right?

I think "Sting" could still work with a scorpion instead of a bee. That was their first Arenaball team in 94 IRL.

"Gladiators" could still work since Caesar's Palace is right around the corner.

I'm guessing the Texas Outlaws aren't going anywhere unless there's a big twist coming...otherwise my three guesses are Posse (CFL-USA), Locomotives (UFL-09), and Vipers (XFL 3.0)

I'm taking the "variety of leagues" comment seriously so I'm picking the Las Vegas Gladiators (AFL), Las Vegas Aces (WNBA) and Las Vegas 51s (AAA baseball). 

I'm guessing they won't, unless there's something in the works for that my guess is that the Thunder will keep the nickname and uniforms as is for the most part

This is tough.  I don’t want to give too much away and have to remember that where I am in producing stories and results is about 20-30 days ahead of the website.  For example, I am working on Week 3 of the 2014 season, which will publish on July 25, right now but have to remember that the published stories are at the 2013 Summer Bowl. 

So, I can say that the Las Vegas situation will play out in the offseason and 1st half of the 2014 season.  That Vegas is moving, but will be replaced and that the USFL will lose 1 current identity to add a new Las Vegas identity which is based (loosely, depending on who wins the name the team vote) on a real football team that has played in Las Vegas.  

• Like 1

Sounds like it'll be three among Posse, Gladiators, Locomotives, and Vipers; out of those four I'd say Posse is least likely as we already have Outlaws and Bandits (and Renegades if that logo can be retooled away from Native American imagery)

Hi all, Sorry but the stories about Las Vegas's relocation and the relocation to Las Vegas will still be a while in coming (at least the design parts). In the meantime, here are a few tidbits for you:

Between 2015 and 2020 in the Alt History USFL, you should expect to see the following:

• 3  Team relocations (including Las Vegas leaving, a team coming to Las Vegas and a new city "stealing" a team.
  • Expansion in either 2019 or 2020 to bring the league to 30 teams.  Will they replace lost franchises or explore new cities?
  • COVID-20 producing chaos for 2 years (sorry, unavoidable. Can't pretend it did not happen). 
  • Adidas losing the USFL contract and the new uniform provider updating all 28/30 teams over a 5 year span.

And, just to throw some images your way, here are the next 3 Summer Bowl Logos.

2014 ATLANTA

spacer.png

2015 LOS ANGELES

spacer.png

2016 NEW JERSEY

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1