USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

Next up, Seattle, and I am starting off with the helmet, which pretty much gives away the fact that the Dragon is changing once again.  Yes, they won a title with the prior helmet only a few years ago, but it never really caught on so a new version was commissioned.  Fans of the XFL will certainly recognize this dragon. 

spacer.png

I took the 2020 XFL Dragon logo, modified it to fit the existing (Barcelona) Dragons' color scheme, and decided to see just how big it could get on the helmet.  The new design helmets could be a real problem here, as this is one huge decal. 

The secondary will be "released" next.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

I think the dragon would look better with a gold head, gold neck, red wing, red horn and green outline.

Perhaps when they win a championship…

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

On 8/16/2023 at 10:34 PM, WideRight said:

Next up, Seattle, and I am starting off with the helmet, which pretty much gives away the fact that the Dragon is changing once again.  Yes, they won a title with the prior helmet only a few years ago, but it never really caught on so a new version was commissioned.  Fans of the XFL will certainly recognize this dragon. 

spacer.png

I took the 2020 XFL Dragon logo, modified it to fit the existing (Barcelona) Dragons' color scheme, and decided to see just how big it could get on the helmet.  The new design helmets could be a real problem here, as this is one huge decal. 

The secondary will be "released" next.  

This looks awesome. 

1 hour ago, WideRight said:

How could I resist absconding with one of the best logos in all of sports?  Seattle gets a monogram as their 2ndary. 

spacer.png

Love it. At what point does this supplant the full dragon on the helmet? It should! 

2 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

They won in '05

Oh yeah… that should be the alternate for the 5 Year Anniversary

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

And the full uniform reveal for the Dragons. 

One quick note: In addition to the XFL and Kraken modifications, the big new thing is the number font, which is inspired by the Pitt Panthers, though not exactlyt he same font.  

spacer.png

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, WideRight said:

And the full uniform reveal for the Dragons. 

One quick note: In addition to the XFL and Kraken modifications, the big new thing is the number font, which is inspired by the Pitt Panthers, though not exactlyt he same font.  

spacer.png

These are absolutely incredible. Really, really well done.

If I'd change anything, I'd find a way to work the secondary logo onto the uniforms. I don't love the full dragon-head repeated on the sleeve caps -- it feels a bit repetitious with the helmet. So I'd consider putting the 'S' monogram there, though I think the best option would be to leave that area blank. The color contrasts and TV numbers are enough to make the sleeves distinct. In that situation, I'd make the 'S' monogram a hip logo on the pants.

Third and final USFL Update for 2010:  The Ohio Glory

The Eagle gets an update.  New logo, but botht the logo and the uniform will be very reminiscent of the Glory's short but pretty glorious past.  Here is the new version of the Glory Eagle-head logo, along with their new wordmark, using imagery reminiscent of U.S. fighter planes of the past, and also of the buckeye. 

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, WideRight said:

Third and final USFL Update for 2010:  The Ohio Glory

The Eagle gets an update.  New logo, but botht the logo and the uniform will be very reminiscent of the Glory's short but pretty glorious past.  Here is the new version of the Glory Eagle-head logo, along with their new wordmark, using imagery reminiscent of U.S. fighter planes of the past, and also of the buckeye. 

spacer.png

Ooh is that a secret G in the eagle’s mouth?

spacer.pngspacer.png

12 hours ago, Blindsay said:

Ooh is that a secret G in the eagle’s mouth?

Not that I intended.  But maybe there could be?  

And here is the final piece of the puzzle, the new Glory Uniforms, where you will see a lot of original elements from the WLAF (jersey sleeves in particular) along with a lot of use of the "buckeye". 

spacer.png

• Like 13

4 hours ago, WideRight said:

Not that I intended.  But maybe there could be?  

And here is the final piece of the puzzle, the new Glory Uniforms, where you will see a lot of original elements from the WLAF (jersey sleeves in particular) along with a lot of use of the "buckeye". 

spacer.png

That honestly looks really good.

Although, the new red circle/white star logo gives me Indianapolis vibes.

Hi Everyone,

If you are interested in jumping into my Alt-History of the USFL, a history where the league never made the move to fall and where a big lawsuit win against the NFL put them in a position to continue all the way until the present, now is a good time to start following. 

My preview of the 2009 season will be posted on Saturday and Sunday, with Week 1 of the season on Tuesday, Sept. 5.  I typically post a new weekly recap about every 2-3 days, so each season takes about a month (14-16 weeks of regular season, 4 weeks of playoffs, and 4 articles about the offseason from Sept-February)

You can follow the logo and uniform updates here, but if you want to follow the league itself, you can always find it at this link

2009 has a 28-team USFL playing its 27th season in the spring, with the following clubs:

USFL ORIGINALS

• Oakland Invaders
  • LA Express
  • Arizona Wranglers
  • Denver Gold
  • Houston Gamblers
  • Michigan Panthers
  • Pittsburgh Maulers
  • Birmingham Stallions
  • New Orleans Breakers
  • Memphis Showboats
  • Tampa Bay Bandits
  • Orlando Renegades
  • Jacksonville Bulls
  • Philadelphia Stars
  • New Jersey Generals
  • Washington Federals

RELOCATED TEAMS

• Baltimore Blitz (from Chicago)
  • Texas Outlaws (from Oklahoma)

EXPANSION TEAMS

• Seattle Dragons (inspired by Barcelona Dragons of WLAF)
  • Portland Stags (inspired by Edmonton Elks of CFL)
  • Las Vegas Thunder (inspired by Orlando Thunder of WLAF)
  • Chicago Machine (inspired by Montreal Machine of WLAF)
  • St. Louis Skyhawks (inspired by WLAF Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks and XFL St. Louis Battlehawks)
  • Ohio Glory (inspired by the WLAF team)
  • Nashville Knights (inspired originally by the NY/NJ Knights of WLAF)
  • Atlanta Fire (inspired by Birmingham Fire of WLAF and Arizona Hotshots of AAF)
  • Charlotte Monarchs (inspired by London Monarchs of WLAF & Atlanta Legends of AAF)
  • Boston Cannons (inspired by Boston Cannons of pro lacrosse)

It all leads up to Summer Bowl 2009, with the logo below already in place. 

spacer.png

• Like 8