USFL (Alt History)

WideRight

I like some of Neo's ideas. Here's mine, only for "evolutions," not expansions:

Pittsburgh is a natural for the Berlin logo. 

Philly can go a lame route and borrow the Surge S, maybe in front of a star instead of a triangle. Or, go big with the idea of Stars, with the Galaxy logo. 

Orlando could somehow use the Centurions, or rebrand the Mad Dogs logo.

Tampa Bay is among several that can use the Ottawa Renegades, along with Texas and Arizona. The Wranglers could also use the Riders with an Arizona flag. 

The Gold sure could use the Gold Miners. 

Invaders could use the Claymores sword, maybe make it a lightning bolt sword. 

The Knights also could adapt the Centurions or maybe the Claymores. 

I wouldn't update Atlanta to the Rhine Fire. I don't think that logo was as good as Birmingham's. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WideRight said:

I will be releasing uniform sets for all 4 expansion teams starting early next week.  That is the LA Express (v2), the Seattle Dragons, Atlanta Fire, and Ohio Glory.   

But I have a question for you today.  Looking at these CFL-USA and WLAF/NFLE Identities, which, if any do you see as possible "evolutions" of teams currently in the league.  I have a couple in mind, but would love to see if you think any of these identities could morph into an evolved look for a USFL club.

WLAF:  Riders, Surge, Skyhawks, Monarchs, Galaxy

NFLE:  Thunder, Fire, Admirals, Centurions, Sea Devils, Claymores

CFL-USA: Posse, Gold Miners, Barracudas, Mad Dogs, Stallions (already used a bit), or the short-lived Ottawa Renegades.

Let me know which, if any, and what team you think would "evolve" into the new look. 

I think the Riders and Posse brands can work well together to form one brand, possibly the Rengades logo as well. Maybe Vegas or another shot at an OKC franchise can take that brand on, unrelated but the AF2 OKC Wranglers logo makes for a nice modernized "cowboy riding horse" logo if you're interested.  

The Galaxy logo would make a cool rebrand for Orlando, should you go the route of them changing the name later out of pressure akin to the Skins. I could see some argument on Renegades = Savages as an in universe excuse to rebrand the team. That or Houston somehow giving up/losing the Gamblers brand, I dont see it but who saw the Oilers leaving until it actually started to happen?

Fingers crossed that the Monarchs logo goes to a Charlotte team just so that I can have another reason to stan this fictional league but I could see Cincy, Baltimore, NYC, Louisville, and Memphis all as cities that brand would work in. 

Claymore logo would make a cool second or update for StL later on. I could also see it being forced onto the Generals as well but it fits StL better imo. 

Admirals would easily be a revived Boston, Baltimore, Norfolk/Hampton Roads, or San Diego team. While Sea Devils could fit any of those as well as a potential Miami team.

Gold Miners work mostly out west in San Fran or Sacramento, whichever city could have a cool little rivalry with Denver out west. The Gold Miners could work out east for a Charlotte team too, since the first documented gold rush in our country's history happened around that area. 

Reign Fire would be an easy update to make for Atlanta later and the Berlin Thunder could become the Maulers secondary or update.

I'm not a fan of the Surge, Mad Dogs, and Skyhawks brands at all. The Skyhawks logo would almost need a complete overhaul to not look like old clipart. The Surge logo would make a great primary for a HS that starts with S, maybe one of those West Coast cities could use it as a part of their overall image but I wouldnt make it the primary or nickname for anyone. The Mad Dog looks goofy.

• Like 1

I agree with these guys, that alot of the logos from those other leagues could be great as secondary logos for existing teams. Claymores for the Knights is main example there.

Id support a logo change for the Maulers into the Berlin Thunder’s logo while also supporting a complete rebrand for Orlando into the galaxy. That would be awesome. Orlando Galaxy sounds great and it’s a great unique look. 

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

I think the Riders logo could make for a good Wranglers secondary with some tweaks to it. Same with the Berlin Thunder logo for the Maulers and the Claymores logo for the Knights. The Posse logo could work for both Arizona or Texas. 

xFUdNmt.png

Hey everyone,

Hoping for some crowdsourced advice on a possible logo for the Philly Stars.   I just cannot imagine the original "fading star" logo surviving from 1983 until today.  I just think that Nike or Adidas, or the USFL would have pushed for an update.  It just feels very 1980's.   Here is the original for those who may  not recall what it looked like.

spacer.png

I looked at a lot of Star designs, including proposals for the Philly Stars from the A11FL.  There are a few designs that I like to a degree, such as this one from Brandon Williams (https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/project_modules/disp/b5fbd213686175.56276ed32ae5d.jpg

spacer.png

I started toying around with ideas, and came across a nice image of a Liberty Bell with a trailing banner from Michael Weinstein's 76'ers redux  (http://www.michael-weinstein.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/76ers_alternates.jpg)

spacer.png

The banner and the use of empty space in the Bell got me thinking.  The Banner made me think of a more colonial look, with a star at the center of the logo, but with the trailing banner, similar to a weathervane or ribbon off of a Christmas tree star.  

Here is what I came up with, simplifying to have everything in 1 color, with bleed through from the base color.  On a gold helmet it would look like the third logo, on paper the first, and maybe as a logo on a sleeve in red.  The banner would also be used as the name wordmark on the front of the jersey.   

This may not ever be used, or I may incorporate it into my USFL alt history sometime in the early 2000's.   But I would love to get feedback on it.  Does it seem like something a team would use?  When compared with the actual Stars logo, does it seem like a possible evolution or rebranding?  Could you imagine the USFL moving forward with this logo replacing the "laser" star?  I will post the logos and then a helmet so you can see what I am thinking of. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

OK, Starting over.  I looked at the 1984 LA Olympics logo and thought I could modify that to work for the Stars.  It is still a laser/fading star logo, but perhaps a bit cleaner.  I then added a wraparound feature similar to Jacksonville.   Thoughts?

spacer.png

• Like 9

18 hours ago, WideRight said:

spacer.png

I'm not a fan of the logo's alignment on the helmet. I understand that it references the angled application of the actual franchise's namesake logo image and word mark, but that always struck me as a strange aesthetic choice. I'd apply the logo to the helmets exactly as you elected to display the standalone mark in the graphic above.

• Like 3