ProfessorBigShots

United States:

Helmet

iRoo9NT.png

Home

inxEZbq.png

Away

4KkNcGc.png

The United States uniforms have a classic look, but with some modern twists. The number font and all blue home set wouldn't fit too well in the 1960s, but the striping pattern, colors, and helmet would.

Mexico:

Helmet

Der9Rds.png

Home

SLgF4fT.png

Away

gC44JoE.png

Mexico's uniforms are more non traditional than the United States. The helmet has the eagle from the country's flag in gold, on a green helmet. The jerseys have the mayan calendar screen printed on the jersey, and Mexico's motto "La Patria Es Primero" (The Homeland Is Firt) above the number.

More countries coming soon

• Like 6

I really like the big, bold, in-your-face designs you went with; I feel that national teams are (or at least can be) a better fit for such nontraditional ideas than pro teams, and even more so for a hypothetical situation like this where countries would want to be standing out in a sport that's not a traditional sport for them. I definitely agree with the logic of the USA having uniforms that wouldn't look out of place in the NFL, while the other nations' are a bit more unconventional.

I'd maybe consider having white shoulders on Germany's away uniform, and just having a black stripe that's the same width as the red and yellow stripes. With the black being the entire upper half of the jersey, it looks a little too dark to be a light/away jersey, at least to me, even with the white pants. The fact that Germany's helmet is black probably doesn't help with that; of course, we're also not seeing the back of the jersey, so if the front's design doesn't wrap around and it's just white on the back, that could also alleviate things.

I don't mind Germany's helmet having numbers instead of the logo, personally. Helmet numbers are a nice way for a team to do something unique, in my mind, since they do seem to be used so infrequently. And I get your logic of using helmet numbers because the away jersey doesn't have chest numbers, and I do like the way the away jersey looks with the eagle crest.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Going to be revisiting some of these. First, we have the home of Football, the United States.

Home:

97DMrRr.png

Away: 

T2Y2SGL.png

Alt: 

lLwb00o.png

Heritage:

GXfcrfI.png

The USA home and road remain mostly unchanged. A number is added to the back of the helmets and so are a white and red pants option. A red alternate uniform is also added. Blue jersey, blue pants, white socks is the primary home combo. White jersey, Blue pants, blue socks is the primary away combo. The red alternates are primarily worn with red pants and white socks. The heritage jersey is primarily worn with off white pants and socks. The USA has a modern mix and match uniform set, but with simple classic design.

• Like 5

Here are uniforms for one country from the original set, and one new country!

Japan:

Home

As4JOzE.png

Away

5qIaJh3.png

Alternate

cxJH500.png

I completely redid Japan, adding black to the home and road uniforms, and making the set more consistent throughout the 3 uniforms. A number is also added to the helmet. Both the home and road uniforms would primarily be worn with black pants, and the alternate with white pants.

New Zealand

Home

NvxmonQ.png

Away

E5HhU3c.png

Heritage:

VxtOUbR.png

New Zealand's uniform set is based off their rugby team, the All Blacks. The silver fern is on the helmets and sleeves of the home and away uniforms. New Zealand's heritage uniform is based off the Maori All Blacks, a rugby team made up of players with Maori heritage. The alternate has the Maori word for New Zealand, Aotearoa above the number on the chest.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not digging the blue in Japan. Blue is mostly related to Association Football there. Other teams, like Basketball, Volleyball and Rugby, use plenty of Red, White and Black.

Judging by the massive design motifs available to both Japan and New Zealand, I'd say both are quite weak and uninspired, kind of generic. I suggest you to give a look around local patterns, it can help you.

Last but not least, this font for NZ is a massive NO for me. No matter how much visible this font is, it doesn't have 5% of the "feeling" of a football number.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I would shrink the logo at the neck and increase the size of the numbers. Most rules require that the numbers on the front be at least 8 inches in size and 10 inches on the back of the jersey. I might also flip the lions on the right side of the helmet as well. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png