16 hours ago, mcrosby said:

It looks like the M has on open curl at the bottom, is a bit wider, and thinner. 

6JWkjuZ.png

LAUF7ao.png

You're right. I'll keep at it and see if I work up something more accurate. 

9 hours ago, NicDB said:

I think I like your second Brewers one better. It's unfortunate that anything having to do with the traditional Milwaukee block M in the modern colors reads more as Michigan. 

I tend to agree. While I still really like my original design for what it is, it might look a little too 1930s-40s for this project. 

Let's move on to the NL East!

ATLANTA BRAVES (1919):

spacer.png

My Braves design pays homage to both the 1919 Boston Braves as well as the Atlanta Black Crackers who played their inaugural season in 1919. 

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES (1919):

spacer.png

This one combines the 1919 Phillies' home and road unis, using red in place of that road uniform's uncharacteristic black.

MIAMI MARLINS (1919):

spacer.png

This is one of my favorite designs in the series. The Old English "M" is the same one used by the University of Miami Hurricanes. I originally wanted to try the Fish in black and teal, but much like a 1919 D-Backs design in purple and turquoise, it just looked too modern for a 1919 team. Shoutout to @Carolingian Steamroller who suggested I used the Marlins' City Connect colors instead. 

WASHINGTON NATIONALS (1919):

spacer.png

Based on the 1919 Washintgon Senators road uniform with the 1904 arched "WASHINGTON" script on the front. 

NEW YORK METS (1919):

spacer.png

This blank-chested design is based on the New York Giants' 1919 home uniform but in the Mets' classic blue and orange.

C&C appreciated! The AL Central will be up soon. 

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Field of Dreams 1919 Fauxbacks/Throwbacks (NL East 10/7)
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Coiler said:

Like the Astros and Mariners out-there designs, both A's ones, and the Angels still look appropriate for the time period.

Thanks! And I can try the Mets out in a plaid design when I'm done with the rest of the league.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:36 PM, NicDB said:

Those Marlins unis are incredible. Digging the Mets too.

Thanks!

Up today we have the final division, the AL Central:

CHICAGO WHITE SOX (1919):

spacer.png

The winners of the inaugural Field of Dreams game, I didn't change anything save for giving them a solid navy cap based on the batting helmet design used for this year's game.

KANSAS CITY ROYALS (1919):

spacer.png

A design inspired by the Kansas City Packers of the Federal League in Royals blue.

CLEVELAND INDIANS (1919):
spacer.png

Based on this pinstriped design.

DETROIT TIGERS (1919):
spacer.png

Based on this design.

MINNESOTA TWINS (1919):

spacer.png

With the Twins being descendants of the Washington Senators, I thought it made sense to simply flip the Senators' block "W" to represent Minnesota.

And that's the series! Thanks for following along. I'll post a few updates and alternate ideas soon, and let me know if there's anything else you'd like to see.

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Field of Dreams 1919 Fauxbacks/Throwbacks (AL Central 10/11)

All right, time for some updates!

On 10/4/2021 at 5:07 PM, Coiler said:

Looks good, although the home white hat with red stripes would look more distinctive on the Cardinals instead of the red road one you used , IMO.

Here you go!

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS (1919):

spacer.png

On 10/5/2021 at 10:25 AM, mcrosby said:

I'd wager the Cubs put something on the cap, if only for the sale$ of new merch. 

I slapped the Cubs' 1919-26 primary logo on the cap of my Cubs design:

CHICAGO CUBS (1919):

spacer.png

On 10/6/2021 at 9:46 PM, mcrosby said:

It looks like the M has on open curl at the bottom, is a bit wider, and thinner. 

6JWkjuZ.png

LAUF7ao.png

Tried to recreate that "M" as best as I could:

MILWAUKEE BREWERS (1919):

spacer.png

On 10/12/2021 at 1:01 PM, mcrosby said:

I'd like to see the C on the Cincinnati cap even smaller, like in the photo. Something about that tiny cap logo really says throwback to me.

Funny, the "C" doesn't look particularly small to me, but I shrunk it down a bit anyway:

CINCINNATI REDS (1919):

spacer.png

On 10/9/2021 at 12:26 PM, Coiler said:

While it isn't exactly 1919, having the Mets in the Giants brief horrendous experiment with plaid uniforms (only theirs would be orange and blue instead of purple), would at least be visually distinctive.

Though not exactly era appropriate, here are the Mets in plaid:

NEW YORK METS (1919):

spacer.png

C&C appreciated as always!

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Field of Dreams 1919 Fauxbacks/Throwbacks (Updates 10/14)

Another weird thought-the Reds paying homage to a (much earlier than 1919) defunct MLB team in the region. Basically, the Louisville Colonels, eliminated in the 1900 contraction. While they had many uniforms, the most simultaneously distinct and reddish is the 1888 one. All maroon with the logo-less striped hat, only replacing "Louisville" with "Cincinatti" on the uniform.

1 hour ago, Coiler said:

Another weird thought-the Reds paying homage to a (much earlier than 1919) defunct MLB team in the region. Basically, the Louisville Colonels, eliminated in the 1900 contraction. While they had many uniforms, the most simultaneously distinct and reddish is the 1888 one. All maroon with the logo-less striped hat, only replacing "Louisville" with "Cincinatti" on the uniform.

Interesting idea, but why specifically the Reds?

Archived