San Diego Chargers Re-design

LMU

I was trying to switch to the powder blue, but without going completely overboard. I kept navy as one of the official colors, and I reintroduced the horse shield and the wordmark from the 60s and 70s. Comments? Suggestions?

chargersunis.png

And, just for kicks, here's the field.

chargersfield.png

VmWIn6B.png

i like it. im not really a fan of that old wordmark, nor the current one, but oh well. i love the horse shield though, and maybe use less powder blue on the navy jersey, maybe just as an outline instead of the number itself?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Very classy man! Is the horse really supposed to be part of their background?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

OK, I fixed the numbers, so that the alternate has white numbers with a gold-powder blue outline. And, in terms of the wordmark, I used the old one just because of this concept being more of an old/new meld, since I used the modernized horse/shield logo from the 35th anniversary patch, and I recolored the current unis so that navy would still be incorporated in the set. However, went ahead and made a tweak to the wordmark, in order to add a modern element to it.

chargersword.png

VmWIn6B.png

Yeah, the horse was in their original logo in the 60s, and I think it has something to do with horsepower or something of that nature, since the team began in LA, and I know there was a model of car called the Charger back then. If anyone else has any background on that, I would appreciate that.

VmWIn6B.png

Yeah, the horse was in their original logo in the 60s, and I think it has something to do with horsepower or something of that nature, since the team began in LA, and I know there was a model of car called the Charger back then. If anyone else has any background on that, I would appreciate that.

Well you sure couldn't tell by the looks of today.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Yeah, the horse was in their original logo in the 60s, and I think it has something to do with horsepower or something of that nature, since the team began in LA, and I know there was a model of car called the Charger back then.  If anyone else has any background on that, I would appreciate that.

Well you sure couldn't tell by the looks of today.

Yeah, the only thing I can think is that the Chargers didn't want to share the horse image with the Colts and the Broncos. They stopped using the logo in 1973, but is was modernized for the 35th anniversary patch, which is the version I used. Here's the original.

chargersold.gif

VmWIn6B.png

I'm not gonna argue. I was just going by what Chris had listed.

lol, I was just mentioing it because I have a bunch of stuff on the history of NFL logos, helmets and everything that was used by what team and the years of each team and all that fun stuff. I'm sure Chris didn't know this because it was rarely used after 1987, even though it was still an official wordmark of the club.

actually, the "Charger" thing is more convoluted than that ... a Charger is a horse ridden into battle ... AND Charger also refers to an electrical current ... so that's why the bolt and the horse ... but Barron Hilton, the first owner, probably didn't have either item in mind when he approved the name. Hilton had just launched the Diner's Club card, his own CHARGE card ... get it? man, can we get 3 or 4 more reasons to call them "Chargers"?!?!

actually, the "Charger" thing is more convoluted than that ... a Charger is a horse ridden into battle ... AND Charger also refers to an electrical current ... so that's why the bolt and the horse ... but Barron Hilton, the first owner, probably didn't have either item in mind when he approved the name. Hilton had just launched the Diner's Club card, his own CHARGE card ... get it? man, can we get 3 or 4 more reasons to call them "Chargers"?!?!

Actually that's funny because that's not the reason they are called the Chargers. It's because the original owner hear NCAA Football fans yelling charge during games and decided to name the team Chargers.

A Charger is anyone who charges into battle. It could be Cavalry, could be in a Tank, could be on foot. That is the meaning of Charger. You ever hear that trumpet sound during a sporting event, followed by "Charge!"... well, that's the cavalry signal to charge. The horses were trained to the sound of the trumpets, as were the soldiers.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I honestly don't see all the rage about this concept. I think its pretty good, but not worthy of all this hype. I like the jerseys, but I like their colors now (helmet, jersey etc) more than the colors here. I think that old wordmark is HIDEOUS . This is not a put-down to you, because u didn't make it, but the text is nasty and the bolt doesn't look right. I like the shield w/ the horse but it's too 1970's NFL for me.

Howard1.jpg

Archived