NHL City Connect 32/32 Complete

johne9109

Now for the final part of my four part series. So the 4 major American sport leagues (MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA) all feature a unique uniform program; MLB- City Connect, NHL- Reverse Retro, NFL-color rush, NBA- City edition.) I decided to swap them around between the leagues. The first of these that I did was the MLB getting Color Rush uniforms and then I did the NFL getting City Edition uniforms, followed by the NBA and Reverse Retro uniforms. The final part of this series is the NHL with City Connect uniforms. As always comments and critiques an welcomed. 

1. Anaheim Ducks
  2. Arizona Coyotes
  3. Boston Bruins
  4. Buffalo Sabres
  5. Calgary Flames
  6. Carolina Hurricanes
  7. Chicago Blackhawks
  8. Colorado Avalanche
  9. Columbus Blue Jackets
  10. Dallas Stars
  11. Detroit Red Wings
  12. Edmonton Oilers
  13. Florida Panthers
  14. Los Angeles Kings
  15. Minnesota Wild
  16. Montreal Canadians
  17. Nashville Predators
  18. New Jersey Devils
  19. New York Islanders
  20. New York Rangers
  21. Ottawa Senators
  22. Philadelphia Flyers
  23. Pittsburgh Penguins
  24. San Jose Sharks
  25. Seattle Kraken
  26. St Louis Blues
  27. Tampa Bay Lightning
  28. Toronto Maple Leafs
  29. Vancouver Canucks
  30. Vegas Golden Knights
  31. Washington Capitals
  32. Winnipeg Jets

ZUH86xc.png

Anaheim Ducks

For the Ducks I wanted to draw upon the connection to Disney and Disneyland being such a large part of the area. The uniform and logo takes it's colors from the old Disney castle logo. The font and numbers is also a nod to Disney. The shoulders features a circle of white stars which is pulled from Anaheim's flag. The unique sleeve and sock striping was done to replicate the look of the Disney logo from the 90's. The collar features Anaheim's motto of City Of Kindness. Also featured is a promotional wordmark that combines Anaheim's seal and the Ducks old secondary logo

c2HbGP1.png

• Like 5

ZUH86xc.png

8 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Anaheim Ducks

For the Ducks I wanted to draw upon the connection to Disney and Disneyland being such a large part of the area. The uniform and logo takes it's colors from the old Disney castle logo. The font and numbers is also a nod to Disney. The shoulders features a circle of white stars which is pulled from Anaheim's flag. The unique sleeve and sock striping was done to replicate the look of the Disney logo from the 90's. The collar features Anaheim's motto of City Of Kindness. Also featured is a promotional wordmark that combines Anaheim's seal and the Ducks old secondary logo

c2HbGP1.png

What city background is that featured? Certainly not Anaheim since I’m from there. Looks like Long Beach which is close by. Hopefully it isn’t LA cause that’s a whole separate area which isn’t related to Orange County whatsoever! 

Uniform itself is quite interesting. Totally different than what I would expect. Can’t wait to see the rest of this series. STAY MIGHTY!!! 🏒 🦆 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jgamarra2511 said:

What city background is that featured? Certainly not Anaheim since I’m from there. Looks like Long Beach which is close by. Hopefully it isn’t LA cause that’s a whole separate area which isn’t related to Orange County whatsoever! 

Uniform itself is quite interesting. Totally different than what I would expect. Can’t wait to see the rest of this series. STAY MIGHTY!!! 🏒🦆 

The background image I got when I Google searched Anaheim skyline so if it's not Anaheim I'm sorry Google misled me. 

ZUH86xc.png

Arizona Coyotes

I knew going into this one that I didnt want to got the easy route and put the state flag on the jersey. Instead I took a desert/redrock color palette and did a staged gradient with it as well as adding in a cactus green color and a blue for the skies. The promo image combines the state logo and a previous Coyotes wordmark

qT2Q1Wo.png

• Like 4

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 2/32 Coyotes Added
19 hours ago, johne9109 said:

The background image I got when I Google searched Anaheim skyline so if it's not Anaheim I'm sorry Google misled me. 

Wish I could tag you some more pics of Anaheim on this blog, but it won’t let me! If you have an IG, you can DM me if you like: themightyjerseys… I’ll be more than happy to help! 

Boston Bruins

I originally wanted to stay away from doing some revolutionary war themed, but Boston is so steeped in that history it was hard to avoid. The jersey features 13 red and white stripes (including the collar) to represent the original 13 colonies. the shoulders feature the join or die snake and Massachusetts flag. The logo is colored to replicate the Colonial Colors (one of the first flags of the union. 1775 is also inscribed on the inside of the collar. The promotional image is a take on this Boston tea party logo I found and put a hockey spin on 

2XpnlzJ.png

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 3/32 Bruins Added

Buffalo Sabres

The Buffalo Sabres take their inspiration from the nearby Niagara Falls and their famous winter weather. The overall color is white with a gradient to replicate the foam spray of the falls. The back of the shirt is a recolor of the current sabres collar which in turn is taken from the Buffalo flag. The blues used in the logo in the striping come from the water of Niagara Falls. The promotional logo takes the City of Buffalo seal and gives it a Sabres spin.  

jQxg3Eq.png

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 4/32 Sabres Added

Calgary Flames

The Calgary Flames get a Calgary Stampede inspired uniform. The font used and the secondary logo is taken from the logo for the Stampede. the pants, socks, helmet, and gloves take their colors from jeans, hat, and gloves you would see on riders at the stampede. The back of the collar reads stampede city. The promotional image is a recoloring of Calgary's flag

HWpDPj6.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 5/32 Flames Added

Carolina Hurricanes

For the Hurricanes I decided to base it on the flag of Raleigh; which is unique because it is double sided with each side featuring a different crest. Both crests are placed on the shoulders while the jersey itself mimics the design of the flag. The collar reads  "Esse quam videri" which means: To be rather than to seem; the city's motto. the logo becomes monochromatic to match the color scheme as well. The promotional image takes one of the crests from the flag and gives it a Hurricanes spin

u8E4eSl.png

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 6/32 Hurricanes Added

Chicago Blackhawks

So I originally was going to do a Blackhawks uniform based on the City flag, but I feel that's been way overdone in concepts. My next thought was to do something similar to what I did for the Chicago Bears City uniform and do something tied to the Navy, but that made me realize that I should do something Army themed seeing where the teams name comes from. So the uniform takes cues from the Army's dress green uniforms. The collar reads Blackhawk division after the 86th infantry division. The striping on the right sleeve replicates service stripes which represent how many years a person has been in the military. The shoulders feature a take on the US and crossed rifle pins that adorn the jackets of the dress uniform, but now with crossed hockey sticks The promotional image is the Blackhawks division insignia with the feathers from the teams logo added. 

9aEmjg8.png

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 7/32 Blackhawks Added
  • johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 8/32 Avalanche Added
  • johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 9/32 Blue Jackets Added

Detroit Red Wings

With Detroit being the Motor City I took inspiration for what is arguably the best American made car the Ford Mustang. The logo gets a chrome look like the mustang emblem and is backed by racing stripes. The sleeves replicate the indents on the doors of a mustang while the pants have striping that match the striping along the bottom of a mustang. The promotional image is a take on another of the mustang logos.  The collar reads resurgent cineribus (part of the city's motto) which translates to "it shall rise from the ashes" I felt that was fitting for not only Detroit itself but the Red Wings team.

Ob71bzK.png

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 11/32 Red Wings Added
  • johne9109 changed the title to NHL City Connect 11/32 Stars + Red Wings Added
5 hours ago, johne9109 said:

Detroit Red Wings

With Detroit being the Motor City I took inspiration for what is arguably the best American made car the Ford Mustang. The logo gets a chrome look like the mustang emblem and is backed by racing stripes. The sleeves replicate the indents on the doors of a mustang while the pants have striping that match the striping along the bottom of a mustang. The promotional image is a take on another of the mustang logos.  The collar reads resurgent cineribus (part of the city's motto) which translates to "it shall rise from the ashes" I felt that was fitting for not only Detroit itself but the Red Wings team.

Ob71bzK.png

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

• Love 1