North American Collegiate Athletic Association (NACAA)

Section30

7 hours ago, TheLogoFather72 said:

You’re Welcome?

I'm Ron Burgundy?

On topic, I'd probably rock a Florida Tech football or hockey jersey. Screw what others say, real men wear pink.

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

On 5/8/2022 at 12:46 PM, TheLogoFather72 said:

You’re Welcome?

Please don't bump the thread unless you have something to say about the actual concepts, thanks

On 5/8/2022 at 8:22 PM, Bomba Tomba said:

I'm Ron Burgundy?

On topic, I'd probably rock a Florida Tech football or hockey jersey. Screw what others say, real men wear pink.

Thanks! I'm glad you like the pink as well!

The Technological University of Kentucky is a public land-grand research University located in Louisville, KY and is the Flagship school of Kentucky. More commonly known as Kentucky Tech, the school is the largest, oldest, and most academically prestigious University in the State of Kentucky. The school is known around the country for their academics and is often ranked among some of the top Public Universities in the NACAA academically. They go by "Thoroughbreds" for athletics, embracing the states history of Horse Racing. Their color scheme also takes cues from the state they call home, using Bluegrass as their primary color and using a diamond pattern meant to mimic those worn by Jockeys for all athletic teams. Kentucky Tech is best known athletically for their Basketball and Baseball teams which are some of the most successful teams in their respective sports histories across the entire NACAA.

School: Technological University of Kentucky

Nicknames: Thoroughbreds, Tech U, TU

Located: Louisville, KY

Founded: 1870

Enrollment: 36,700

Slogan: " Bluegrass Fast"

Colors: Bluegrass, Red, & Black

Conferences: Southeast 12 & Hockey South

Rivals: Nashville, Southern Ohio (nc), & Jefferson (nc), Magnolia State, & Tennessee A&M

nb2xPvK.png4nyCqpM.pngYB2wX98.pngpR1yLNZ.pngHhdX64l.pngPg7kNX2.pngwvfXs2A.pngS72AUNP.png

• Like 6
  • Love 2

On 5/10/2022 at 4:53 PM, TheLogoFather72 said:

The derby was Saturday! Why today instead?

This is Section30's design series. Why is TheLogoFather72 establishing random deadline expectations instead of commenting on any design whatsoever? If you want to be their client then you should offer them money.

I love the name and the horseshoe alt is convincing at the power 5 level, but I think the colors all come off too drab when paired with black. They work very well with the white, though. Maybe, it's just the contrast in certain applications. The jockey inspired striping is unique and has purpose, which is crucial for any team trying to own a modern/off the wall uniform style. When there isn't purpose it just looks like a shot in the dark at trendy that usually misses very far wide. Solid identity! Keep it up. Can't wait to see your next one by this Saturday at 4PM Central.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

This is Section30's design series. Why is TheLogoFather72 establishing random deadline expectations instead of commenting on any design whatsoever? If you want to be their client then you should offer them money.

I love the name and the horseshoe alt is convincing at the power 5 level, but I think the colors all come off too drab when paired with black. They work very well with the white, though. Maybe, it's just the contrast in certain applications. The jockey inspired striping is unique and has purpose, which is crucial for any team trying to own a modern/off the wall uniform style. When there isn't purpose it just looks like a shot in the dark at trendy that usually misses very far wide. Solid identity! Keep it up. Can't wait to see your next one by this Saturday at 4PM Central.

Sorry.

• Dislike 1

On 5/10/2022 at 7:20 PM, BobsonDugnutt said:

That T in the horseshoe logo is excellent! Love the unique color schemes you have going on for a lot of these teams too.

Thank you, I'm glad you like them!

On 5/10/2022 at 8:56 PM, CDCLT said:

Loving Kentucky Tech! The colors remind me of the Vancouver Grizzlies in a good way and I really love the T/horseshoe logo. Nice stuff as always!

Thanks! I was definitely inspired by the Grizzlies a bit, I was honestly more influenced by the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL once I decided that Kentucky Tech would lean into Bluegrass since the black and red compliment it really nicely IMO.

On 5/11/2022 at 8:20 PM, TheHealthiestScratch said:

I appreciate the feedback a lot. I was a little worried that the diamonds might be a bit too much but I think it could pass as something kinda like the argyle pattern UNC uses irl. I'll definitely agree that the pattern looks best on white, the all white looks are my personal favorites from this set.

• Like 1

Louisiana A&M University is a public land-grand research University located in Shreveport, LA. LAMU is the FlagshipUniversity of the State of Louisiana and is the second largest institution in the state (following their arch rivals Bayou University).  Louisiana A&M is a solid school academically with a good engineering program, but it is better known for being a big party school. The school has used the nickname "Golden Lions" since the 30s when a local newspaper described the football team as "a pride of hungry Lions in their golden garbs" after a blowout win against Acadiana University. The Lions have a storied history of athletics, though only Football and Baseball have been able to bring National Titles back home to Shreveport.

School: Louisiana A&M University

Nicknames: Golden Lions, Lions, LAMU

Located: Shreveport, LA

Founded: 1886

Enrollment: 32,100

Slogan: "Go Gold"

Colors: Blue & Gold

Conferences: Southeast 12

Rivals:  Bayou, Magnolia State, Arkansas Tech (nc), Lone Star State (nc), & Tennessee A&M,

xZVB9vT.pngnPX3eXr.png7VECpxd.pnglVylhBj.pngGzaUJ75.png0YhhEYj.pngxsfNXtz.png

• Like 5