Greensboro USL Concept - New Raysox Soccer Template

raysox

Some of you may remember a soccer concept series from 2014 where I re-imagined what the US Soccer Pyramid looked like in 2030.

I did three tiers of 24 teams each. What everyone doesn't know is I started to do a fourth! I think it was mostly due to not knowing what to do with my hands after such an undertaking. One of the clubs was based in Greensboro, NC. I have a connection to the city, so I wanted it to be special. The concept is here if you're interested. Something about the name stuck in my head. 

Fast-forward to 2022, I was kicking around the idea again. Immediately the name Greensboro Argyle FC popped into my head. Now argyle is the pattern, but it's also a specific shade of green. GREENSboro, you get it. I almost named it Greensboro Textile FC for the industry there, but I couldn't get Argyle out of my head. What I did was create two concepts. It's a simple look in the style of something you'd see in the Bundesliga. One is more of a true argyle with GSO woven into the pattern. The other is probably cleaner, but I feel like is too close to the Whitecaps. Would love to hear what you think!

Greensboro-Textile-01.png

But what may have caught your attention is that me, Raysox, am working on a new soccer template! You're surely familiar with my previous one - it's been the standard for concepts for like 6 years. I've been trying to make this an extremely smart template with a collar library, pre-placed patches, and clip groups for patterns. I've only done nike before but here's what Greensboro Argyle could look like!

Raysox-Soccer-2022-Greensboro-01.png

Definitely prefer the composition of the "Whitecaps" version of the logo, and the dashed lines are a nice touch that make it feel more argyle-y than the other version...

That said, I imagine the first one would be improved if the G & O were centered to the left & right diamonds. I also wonder if a two-diamond version is possible.

In any case, the font and basis of the logo are really nice, the colors are pretty, and the jersey is a pleasant idea for a team that would probably have to find lots of ways to stylize diamonds : P

Also that Henley collar looks really good; excited to see what else is available on the new template!

I think I'm more drawn to the logo on the right, though not totally sold on the dotted lines. Can't help shake the feeling that it's a golf team! haha

Love the Argyle name, great typeface choice, and the template looks ace, excited to see what more you have for it.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

On 4/27/2022 at 2:11 PM, vtgco said:

Definitely prefer the composition of the "Whitecaps" version of the logo, and the dashed lines are a nice touch that make it feel more argyle-y than the other version...

That said, I imagine the first one would be improved if the G & O were centered to the left & right diamonds. I also wonder if a two-diamond version is possible.

So I had the G&O centered but they're scooted over so it meets right where the green diamond connects. When they're centered there's a lot of green space I don't really love. Which is kind of a flaw with the design I had to cope with! I'm still going to play around but that specifically was a turnoff when I was playing with it

9 hours ago, nielsoncp said:

I think I like the logo on the left the most. I think it fits the traditional argyle shape, and I do think the one on the right looks too whitecapish. 

This was also a factor because the Whitecaps logo isn't really argyle! Just more condensed and smarter than the one left one

9 hours ago, MDTrey4 said:

Definitely like the right logo more. And that typeface is beautiful. What's the name of the font or is that custom?

Cinder on Adobe Fonts!

48 minutes ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Is this template available in MS Paint form? I was trying to make concepts with yours, but it keeps giving me some kind of pixelated ugliness.

It's not finalized but it's a pretty big size. Once I post an all white version you would be able to take that and convert it to MS Paint

I've been goofing with two other teams that you'll see here soon!

On 2022-04-25 at 4:49 PM, raysox said:

Some of you may remember a soccer concept series from 2014 where I re-imagined what the US Soccer Pyramid looked like in 2030.

I did three tiers of 24 teams each. What everyone doesn't know is I started to do a fourth! I think it was mostly due to not knowing what to do with my hands after such an undertaking. One of the clubs was based in Greensboro, NC. I have a connection to the city, so I wanted it to be special. The concept is here if you're interested. Something about the name stuck in my head. 

Fast-forward to 2022, I was kicking around the idea again. Immediately the name Greensboro Argyle FC popped into my head. Now argyle is the pattern, but it's also a specific shade of green. GREENSboro, you get it. I almost named it Greensboro Textile FC for the industry there, but I couldn't get Argyle out of my head. What I did was create two concepts. It's a simple look in the style of something you'd see in the Bundesliga. One is more of a true argyle with GSO woven into the pattern. The other is probably cleaner, but I feel like is too close to the Whitecaps. Would love to hear what you think!

Greensboro-Textile-01.png

But what may have caught your attention is that me, Raysox, am working on a new soccer template! You're surely familiar with my previous one - it's been the standard for concepts for like 6 years. I've been trying to make this an extremely smart template with a collar library, pre-placed patches, and clip groups for patterns. I've only done nike before but here's what Greensboro Argyle could look like!

Raysox-Soccer-2022-Greensboro-01.png

What I would like to see is a orange away version of this as the original 2013 concepts were green home and orange away both being the same diamond template.

Archived