Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part XL: The Dallas Cowboys, America's Favourite LolCows**

heavybass

Yes this got me thinking what would happen if the anti-trust lawsuit won by the USFL was destroying to the NFL? One of the plans they had was to merge with the competition and what would happen if that merger continued into now.

In this thread, I will be going through things a bit differently than most... instead for going for all teams, I will be going through those that had an impact in this merger.... what if teams moved to breakaway areas earlier than planned, will it be like the NFL of now.

To do this, we are going to show off this first effect of this merger..... moving into Tampa Bay where the Bandits play Bandit Ball and the Creamsicle Bucs are equally woeful and useless under Culverhouse.

However when the merger happened, the NFL was not prepared to lose the Tampa Bay Bucs so the Bucs and the Bandits were to merge their organisations into......

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
AMWts8AQGW4mXGTGVyHmSz0FP9KaZvZc33CRivEt

Tampa Bay saw a new look Bucco Bruce as the uniforms of the Bandits merged with the Bucs Red..... this meant the death of the Creamsicles around 10 years earlier in this reality and the end of Culverhouse as an owner as Burt Reynolds became a minority owner of an NFL team.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Bomba Tomba said:

The end is near

And so I face

The final curtain.....

On topic: Yeah I see it now. I think Bruce looks better in black and white.

Good because yeah it's Bruce in Bandit colors but some people will say Bad because Bruce was already a colorful icon in the 80's.... even though at the time the Bandits outsold the Bucs.

However 10 years would pass on since the Bucs merged with the Bandits and in real life... the ownership group with Burt Reynolds would eventually give way to the dispicible Glazers as they would take over the running of the club... however things are different in this timeline and as such, the first significant change in the NFL happens.... when 1997 rolls around as it did and the Bucs would be redesigned...

AMWts8A1DBL7lPzXuY9hhfK3BjH6No1nOyBx-yhJ

AMWts8BNdl6oK9I7WvVYxQ3EXqIv97-gVihCszdQ

The Metallic Silver provides a decent alternative to the proposed Pewter move, the Bucs would go into their late 90's set without the need to go Pewter.... thus the Silver works with the new Bucs Red and White.... Orange was readded because those that complained that Bucco Bruce was taken from them were annoying idiots that couldn't take their families out for cheap football games aka shut the :censored: up you whiny cheap as :censored: bitches!

Big changes already happened and I like how the Metallic Silver works as an alternative to Pewter.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part I, The Tampa Bay Bandits/Bucs**

And finally we rumble upon right now, as in this very moment.... what would the Bucs/Bandits look like now. Well actually they look like this.

AMWts8CCG2OKnJ484kI7SPgfxuyPF3_eh5mB7ObI

AMWts8DM6Dwoje7V4Cj4SKbMjPf2hEin-O6rZVSn

AMWts8AcdEB5we4Pi3Ydp8fXqe0Hf_Qqzid7B27K

And yes the Helmet Rule no longer applies here as well... so here's pre-merger Bruce.

AMWts8CfdUcNX8xH7fBrtomsH_A0Sqt1mgFBKReA

In this timeline the Glazers successfully made Chrome the defacto helmet for the Bucs as it allows to become shiny on hot Florida days whilst becoming noticible on night games... no tiktok numbers thankfully as well as no oversized logo... 2014 would of been the successful implimentation that would allow the Bucs to retain the look they had instead of :censored:ing up and reverting back in 2020 but here they didn't screw up.

Thus concludes what would happen with Tampa Bay.

• Like 2

It's time for the next team in this what if situation... and we're going to the East side of San Francisco Bay.

OAKLAND INVADERS
AMWts8BD3hf6WxycLIIqNoqZm7PT4C0STjoT1s6U

In the late 80's was a percarious time in the Bay for this was the time where the fanbase of said team were diehard Raiders... thus the situation was on a knife edge for a team that nearly won the USFL in 1985 so in the couple of years after that and for when they enter the NFL as part of the merger, they would occupy Oakland and stay there for a few years.... with white pants in a place known for it's black hole, I feel that eventually something will give and considering that the rumblings of the next few years.

We might see a Relocation happening.

((I can change road pants if needed))

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part II, The Oakland Invaders**

I do believe it's time.... time to reveal the fate of the Invaders.

Early 90's a time where the Raiders are starting to dislike the LA colosseum... rumblings of them relocating is high on the rumor list and Los Angeles can't provide what Al Davis wanted.... same situation in Oakland, the Invaders tried being competitive and they managed to get into the playoff picture but the fanbase of the Invaders is again those of the Raiders... the ownership group realises that it was to be a losing battle so at the end of the 1992 season, the Invaders made the announcement that they would be open to relocation and seek fortunes elsewhere... some fans are upset that another team is leaving Oakland but most are like Bye we didn't want you here in the first place and supported the decision to pack up and move out of town.

The Invaders realise that the current image wasn't going to sell well but then someone in the organisation remembered that they took another team's assests in 1985 and realising that, they firmly decided to venture into unknown territories and go to North Carolina...

In 1993, The Oakland Invaders would begin life as....

THE CHARLOTTE PANTHERS

AMWts8DnAFDLyE3bSXLIvCai-YiHKd97kYHroTcr

AMWts8C09lcWNeXLdlgaKqOtYfgwf10PAloubHos

2 years in this continunity before the actual NFL expansion would go to Carolina.... The Invaders move there and become the formerly Michigan Panthers.

• Like 6

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's What if The NFL and USFL had Merged? thread **Part II, The Oakland Invaders/The Charlotte Panthers**

So what does the move to Charlotte impact in this continunity?

Plenty actually...

• The Raiders would move back to Oakland and would stay there because Las Vegas is currently occupied thus they can't move elsewhere.
  • The Rams do not have the option to move to St Louis because of the Cardinals so they go into partnership with the Chargers instead, the team leaves San Diego.
  • The Cardinals don't have the option to move to Arizona because there is a team there.

So straight away you have three teams staying where they are and one team relocating twenty years earlier than planned.

The Los Angeles Rams
    The Los Angeles Chargers ((Around 20 years earlier than planned)
    The Oakland Raiders
    The St Lous Cardinals
  • Like 1

For a few years the Panthers would have teething issues with their new crowds.... some think the uniforms are too plain, too boring, too traditional... management figured that they would have to make uniform changes and then 1996 happens which was the year the Panthers finally struck gold.... changing their names to...

CAROLINA PANTHERS
AMWts8AEOlvCCm7t3uWLlwZRibh5RFgQSXK0PVN9

AMWts8CtA0fplHRFIdotajShMyTuMSBXVgkAxikW

The newly christened Carolina Panthers finally hit paydirt in 1996.... going straight to the NFC Conference game, defeating Green Bay.... going straight to the Super Bowl and decimating the Patriots gave them the Super Bowl and the states of Carolina finally had World Champions.

• Like 4