MiLB & Marvel "Defenders of the Diamond" logos

Burmy

And now, today's four:

Rochester Red Wings (AAA International League)

wd4ho3x3722tf1tmbc5i.jpg

Another team that played it safe, going the "alternate angle" route...but sometimes, an "action pose" is all you need.

Tulsa Drillers (AA Texas League)

s3q2sixwdh2ejzsgyq5d.jpg

Apparently, Hornsby is worthy enough to gain the power of Thor without even lifting Mjolnir.  Given how swell a bull he is to fans young and old, I can believe it.

Lake County Captains (High-A Midwest League)

gkcwqnshjdrvg94jnlop.jpg

A rare design for this series, this logo is actually less "action-packed" than the team's regular logo.  Just an old captain relaxing...I could honestly see it as the center of a "fauxback" set in the future.

Rome Braves (High-A South Atlantic League)

al9dczwxkqjhrzxe6q45.jpg

Much like the team's main logo with the column, the R-Braves once again tie in the parent club's iconic brand with ancient Roman imagery, this time putting the tomahawk on a gladiator shield...I hope it sticks around as an alternate logo even after this series is done.

bYhYmxh.png

And here are today's four new ones:

Round Rock Express (AAA Pacific Coast League)

b4es3rfsr2fzzzbotyfw.jpg

Spike couldn't decide whether he wanted to dress up as Super Grover or the Phantom of the Opera...

Beloit Sky Carp (High-A Midwest League)

yoy05ubvcwyeuoo0oeli.jpg

As a Wisconsinite, I approve of this...glad to see they went with the "cool" route for Poopsie's render. (Kinda makes you forget his name, in a good way)

Clearwater Threshers (Single-A Florida State League)

dam19mdearpgw5tvrwvn.jpg

Not one to miss the party, Phinley goes for a fuller transformation in his superhero look...a sleek design which I see lasting even beyond this promotion.

Modesto Nuts (Single-A California League)

juulw2tamtlpadhgm9z4.jpg

Of the Nuts' three mascots, Al the Almond answers the call of duty, going with a classic red cape and black domino mask look while donning a black superhero suit...a simple, clean design.

bYhYmxh.png

And now, today's four:

Charlotte Knights (AAA International League)

xhqelucrqrepud5mndvw.jpg

A more "comic-y" version of their Carolina Blue-centered rebrand.  It's a nice alternate look, but I wouldn't want it to replace the main one.

Richmond Flying Squirrels (AA Eastern League)

rbep8nenec8sbnewpenf.jpg

Nutzy's already a superhero year-round (and knows how to rock a cape well), so this logo works well for emphasizing his mighty action-packed features.

Springfield Cardinals (AA Texas League)

k2h01tprz0fr3nue28nw.jpg

If St. Louis (like the Yankees or Braves before 'em) ever wants to de-emphasize the trend of most Cards affiliates looking exactly like the main club, this would be a good full-time look for the S-Cards (You can tell the similarities, but also can tell this team stands out)

Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (Single-A California League)

ldc3gm8vzvvpi81hqrkt.jpg

"You wouldn't like Tremor when he's-um, slightly more powerful than usual but still jolly as ever, just able to crack the pavement.  Actually, you probably would like Tremor when he's-wait, where was I going with this again?"

bYhYmxh.png

5 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

There must be one guy on the team doing these that's into sports logo design. It seems like one out of every four, roughly, are ones that look like legitimate sports logos.

Agree. Maybe i'm just in a crabby old man mood, but every time there's a team reveal, all I can think is that 2 brands are being eroded simultaneously.

And the last week of unveils begins with our next four:

Norfolk Tides (AAA International League)

a6rlqrk6yuhkamtwvddr.jpg

The little guy Triton is now a freakish sea monster...it's a nice alternate/specialty merch logo which could outlive the series, but I wouldn't want it as the main brand.

Amarillo Sod Poodles (AA Texas League)

deolhy1qb2epnduu18kk.jpg

"A fiery prairie dog with the speed of a fastball, a home of dust and a hearty Hi-Yo Hodgetown!  THE LONE RUCKUS."

Dayton Dragons (High-A Midwest League)

iljtazxe350p07dzlvew.jpg

The "MiLB mascot as a Marvel superhero" theme continues with Heater as the Hum-er, Dragon Torch.  Apparently, somebody's finally lit a flame on th-*spontaneously combusts*

Inland Empire 66ers (Single-A California League)

qomeuqmcp5cyf4ufb1dn.jpg

OK, this one's got me scratching my head...far as I know, Bernie hasn't been particularly known for magic tricks during his time as the 66ers mascot.  Maybe it was a reference to the classic Marvel villain the Magician? (Doctor Strange is above party tricks, and Zatanna is DC).  If you've got any guesses, let me know.

bYhYmxh.png

Two days left after this...here are today's four:

Omaha Storm Chasers (AAA International League)

igntr3gqh3bf6qiohgdo.jpg

Another look that fits in with the team's existing identity set...once again, I hope this sticks around in some way even after the promotion is done.

Hudson Valley Renegades (High-A South Atlantic League)

qawdpb1smlgnrqus9r8l.jpg

Looks like Rookie's dug into the dumpster outside the gym,...and what does this ripped raccoon have in mind the way he's holding that ball and looking directly at us?

Everett AquaSox (High-A Northwest League)

osma9pvdcrqt6wivoctz.jpg

Borrowing another aesthetic from the Distinguished Competition here; "I am vengeance, I am the twilight, I AM WEBBLY!"

Fayetteville Woodpeckers (Single-A Carolina League)

h3u0d0ckyk1hcvmvk54r.jpg

Apparently Bunker is the Nova Corps' new mascot...but why the blue and gold color scheme with nary a trace of red?

bYhYmxh.png

The four announced on the penultimate unveiling day:

Memphis Redbirds (AAA International League)

zeyds3ly5rjr8eud0w9f.jpg

Rockeyman, or The Unexpected Virtue of Logo Design Ignorance.

Frisco RoughRiders (AA Texas League)

wkowrpaaeqex8ujry4rh.jpg

Frisco once again turns to the only real-life superhero in the Oval Office,,,this Teddy fits well with the set, and I once more hope it sticks around in some way even after the promotion.

Bowling Green Hot Rods (High-A South Atlantic League)

xwt8q8s2o2yv8rbk7so6.jpg

Remember the Deter's Laboratory recurring segment "Dial M for Monkey?"  Well, Axel looks VERY similar to that monkey, ready to save the day under our noses. (Agent Honeydew not included, unfortunately)

Columbia Fireflies (Single-A Carolina League)

gg4ctfewnla61vs0feoo.jpg

"In morning game, in extra-inning night, no opponents shall escape our sight.  Let those who would Columbia slight beware our power; the FIREFLIES' LIGHT!"

Only one day left...the St. Paul Saints, Chattanooga Lookouts, Winston-Salem Dash and Fort Myers Mighty Mussels will be the last four to join the pack.

bYhYmxh.png

And here are the last days' logos.

St. Paul Saints (AAA International League)

swesvggxdvral1nlsu1t.jpg

Plays up the "saintly" factor with the halo and the cross-T.  I predict it WILL find life even after the promo is done (largely for any Faith & Family Nights that may happen there)

Chattanooga Lookouts (AA Southern League)

szdgq3qclaqeg2rkjibt.jpg

Embracing the team's onomatopoeic brand, the famous google-eyes logo gives a look that shouts "LOOK OUT!"

Winston-Salem Dash (Single-A Carolina League)

wmnqktix43lhss8gsc9t.jpg

Bolt is the newest addition to the Mascot Avengers, maintaining his friendly look combined with action-lines from the "angry baseball" logo of old.

Fort Myers Mighty Mussels (Single-A Florida State League)

r8efsxl7xbnoziwew2zb.jpg

Even retreating into his shell, Sway is always watching, always ready...given the team's heroic-sounding name, I see this logo living on in some way past the promo too.

And that wraps up the unveils.  Merch is coming out momentarily...which logo has been your favorite?

• Like 1

bYhYmxh.png

7 hours ago, Burmy said:

And here are the last days' logos.

St. Paul Saints (AAA International League)

swesvggxdvral1nlsu1t.jpg

Plays up the "saintly" factor with the halo and the cross-T.  I predict it WILL find life even after the promo is done (largely for any Faith & Family Nights that may happen there)

Though not, I imagine, on Athiest Night with the Mr. Paul Aints:

spacer.png

• LOL 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE