MiLB & Marvel "Defenders of the Diamond" logos

Burmy

The logos vary drastically in terms of quality, but we still have a decent amount of well designed logos (that work for sports teams). I'm not big on the superhero-fied logos, but idk what else to expect given who's behind all this. Scaling will be an issue as the busy logos and thin line strokes will be pretty difficult to produce on a cap, which is unfortunate. Some designs could be better, but overall I think that this promotion will be a success. The fact that there is individual team identity in each design makes this year's version of the promo significantly better than last year's templated jerseys.

• Like 1

MiLB has been posting them on their Instagram as cap logos, which lowers my (already low in many cases) opinion of a lot of these.

The better move might have been to develop heroes for teams, and perhaps uniforms based on that. Slapping these comic book illustrations on the front of caps, in almost every case... I pity the embroidery machine.

• Like 2

For some reason, I like the Gwinnett Stripers' one best right now.

uu4bupxb43immt8vn9rr.jpg

Maybe it's because we're finally seeing an earthworm as a baseball mascot, maybe it's because of his determined but not overly aggressive look, maybe it's because of the seemingly insurmountable odds he faces that he's willing to survive (not the least of which is the team being named after his predator).

• Like 1

bYhYmxh.png

If they had done these like Copa, I would have been all over them. Unfortunately, these just suck.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

1 hour ago, Burmy said:

For some reason, I like the Gwinnett Stripers' one best right now.

uu4bupxb43immt8vn9rr.jpg

Maybe it's because we're finally seeing an earthworm as a baseball mascot, maybe it's because of his determined but not overly aggressive look, maybe it's because of the seemingly insurmountable odds he faces that he's willing to survive (not the least of which is the team being named after his predator).

Where's his suit? 

Earthworm Jim by Cortoony on DeviantArt

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, nash61 said:

If they had done these like Copa, I would have been all over them. Unfortunately, these just suck.

I like some of these logos, but if they take the Missions logo and just slap it on a jersey that's the Hulk body screened onto it, it's not really bringing anything new to the table. 

49 (Size XXL) - Marvel Hulk Jersey | MiLB AuctionsMonday is the last day to vote on Superhero Lugnuts jerseys

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Asheville Tourists:

kdqpivyxi6aemisxwdsi.jpg

It appears the Tick and Arthur have made more progress in repairing Chairface Chippendale's attempted vandalism of the moon...they erased the "C" before and now the "H," so it appears the "A" is all that's left.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

bYhYmxh.png

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone's been curious to know the 24 teams that are not participating in the Defenders of the Diamond series, here they are:

Triple-A

Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp (IL)

Nashville Sounds (IL)

Tacoma Rainiers (PCL)

Double-A

Akron Rubberducks (EL)

Altoona Curve (EL)

Bowie Baysox (EL)

Reading Fightin Phils (EL)

Mississippi Braves (SL)

Tennessee Smokies (SL)

High-A

Peoria Chiefs (MWL)

Quad Cities River Bandits (MWL)

Brooklyn Cyclones (SAL)

Wilmington Blue Rocks (SAL)

Vancouver Canadians (NWL)

Single-A

Carolina Mudcats (CAR)

Down East Wood Ducks (CAR)

Fredericksburg Nationals (CAR)

Myrtle Beach Pelicans (CAR)

Brandenton Marauders (FSL)

Dunedin Blue Jays (FSL)

Jupiter Hammerheads (FSL)

Lakeland Flying Tigers (FSL)

Palm Beach Cardinals (FSL)

Visalia Rawhide (CAL)

After a World Series break, logo unveils resumed yesterday with these four.

LOUISVILLE BATS (AAA International League)

ofh3vsf9tmvsofubvivw.jpg

"I am vengeance, I am the night, I am...a really solid look, perfectly unique and dignified, which makes you wonder if these artists will start drawing for the Distinguished Competition soon."

Portland Sea Dogs (AA Eastern League)

ovobedhhcdfpgae9jorl.jpg

"Look, down in the sea!  It's a pinniped! It's a submarine! It's SUPER-SLUGGER!!!"  Given how Slugger is a traditionally fun mascot for his team, his standard look with the classic superhero touches works well here.

Cedar Rapids Kernels (High-A Midwest League)

koxsq1pnd06rki4wl8mv.jpg

The traditional "bat-on-the-cob" logo using his left husk in a power pose to fly...very nice look, one which I could easily see having a life even outside this promotion.

Tri-City Dust Devils (High-A Northwest League)

bxtub14s0nc5xpqf16l5.jpg

Dusty actually gets to stretch his arms out in this logo, hand-signaling that under his watch, the diamond is SAFE!

• Like 1

bYhYmxh.png