NHL Digital Ads during hockey games

habsfan1

On 10/16/2022 at 10:02 PM, infrared41 said:

Maybe I'm just used to it after all these years, but NASCAR ads are nowhere near as distracting.

Β 

Big 4 sports jerseys have a certain aesthetic appeal, to make large sales. Most fans refuse to buy jerseys with ads of them. Merch sales overall are a bit different, compared to Nascar.

Β 

At least there's no flashing ads during races to steal attention away from the racecars every 2 seconds.

I saw this for the first time during TNT's broadcast of the Kraken game last night.

Β 

It's distracting to see different ads from the main camera (the fake ads) and close-ups/replays (what's printed on the boards). It really makes you hyper fixate on the ads instead of the gameplay.

Β 

So I guess it's working.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 10/17/2022 at 8:12 AM, chcarlson23 said:

Also you’d think that the β€œmassive” increase in revenue from these new dasher boards would help keep the ads off the jersey.Β 

Β 

Again, those are two different things. Teams are getting the revenue the jersey ads, while TV networks are getting the revenue from the digital board ads. One wouldn't really affect the other.

45 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I saw this for the first time during TNT's broadcast of the Kraken game last night.

Β 

It's distracting to see different ads from the main camera (the fake ads) and close-ups/replays (what's printed on the boards). It really makes you hyper fixate on the ads instead of the gameplay.

Β 

So I guess it's working.

Β 

It's absolutely working....at making me change the channel.

Β 

No need for motion sickness, when I could watch the MLB Playoffs, instead.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

And Bettman has said that "he's heard from the fans and they said they like them and it is a non issue so they will be sticking around" (paraphrasing)... I'd like to know which fans he was talking to as the vast majority of people have stated that they really don't like them.Β 

He not only said people like them, but it's made the games more watchable...... Beats me how that works πŸ™„

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10