XFL23 Edits - Trying to improve the latest iteration of the XFL - Orlando Revamp

jackkmart

San Antonio Brahmas V2

Ok, I've slightly altered the Brahmas logo removing some elements and moving some others around to create a shape I'm a little happier with thanks to some suggestions. Now though, I'm struggling with colors so I've decided to simply post a matrix of a lot of different color swatches for people to critique or pronounce their support for. I could always post even more swatches if that is something people are interested in. 

For best viewing I recommend opening the image in a new tab and zooming in.

BfKm4ea.png

• Like 2

• jackkmart changed the title to XFL23 Edits - Trying to improve the latest iteration of the XFL - Brahmas V2
2 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

I personally like the OG top left corner there, but no matter what color scheme you go, I think the logo looks much better with a white skull compared to any other color

I think a white skull is definitely the move as well. The logo now looks almost more like a skull like you mentioned than a bull in the style of lightning or whatever the original was but I think that's ok, it still makes sense for a Texas team I think. 

I also have another minor update for STL for people to chip in on. Whether or not the arch should be behind or in front of the sword in their logo. The rest of the elements are almost identical here. 

Bd3p4YU.png

I'm partial to putting the sword behind it, personally, but thought I would crowdsource opinions here for those who are interested.

32 minutes ago, jackkmart said:

I think a white skull is definitely the move as well. The logo now looks almost more like a skull like you mentioned than a bull in the style of lightning or whatever the original was but I think that's ok, it still makes sense for a Texas team I think. 

I also have another minor update for STL for people to chip in on. Whether or not the arch should be behind or in front of the sword in their logo. The rest of the elements are almost identical here. 

Bd3p4YU.png

I'm partial to putting the sword behind it, personally, but thought I would crowdsource opinions here for those who are interested.

behind is definitely better. also will you be posting full uniform concepts in this thread?

St. Louis Battlehawks

Uniforms V1

So I spent some of last night and this morning creating a new Adidas football template for this series and have the first home and away set ready to post for the Battlehawks. I used some elements from their old uniforms while introducing more traditional striping on the shoulders. Will probably try to do a Vipers uni next. 

jynti9h.png

• Like 1

• jackkmart changed the title to XFL23 Edits - Trying to improve the latest iteration of the XFL - Battlehawks Unis

Orlando Guardians V2

& Uniforms

So I decided to try a completely new concept for the guardians and I made them a Gator logo in a style remiscent of their original logo. With this their new colors make more sense and it also allows me to sort of maintain their cool helmet motif. The logo is a WIP for sure but I wanted to see what people thought about an alligator as the 'guardian' as opposed to a lion or maybe a Florida panther.

DVqEnim.png

Here's the WIP logo as of right now:

zadQ61M.png

It's not quite right and I'll probably keep working on it. But I think it's a lot more interesting and location appropriate for Orlando.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • WOAH 1
  • Dislike 1

• jackkmart changed the title to XFL23 Edits - Trying to improve the latest iteration of the XFL - Orlando Revamp

I like the uniforms for Las Vegas, but I think I'd prefer the snake head logo to the LV logo on the helmet. Nothing against that logo, but 'letter' logos that aren't symmetrical end up with logos facing opposite directions on either side, which can be problematic.

The guardian gator is an interesting idea. A bit on the weird side, but so is naming an Orlando team Guardians to begin with haha. I can get behind it. Agreed the gator could use some tweaks but it's a solid start.

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

1 hour ago, Wildcomet said:

I like the uniforms for Las Vegas, but I think I'd prefer the snake head logo to the LV logo on the helmet. Nothing against that logo, but 'letter' logos that aren't symmetrical end up with logos facing opposite directions on either side, which can be problematic.

The guardian gator is an interesting idea. A bit on the weird side, but so is naming an Orlando team Guardians to begin with haha. I can get behind it. Agreed the gator could use some tweaks but it's a solid start.

Good point, I didn't think about that.

1 hour ago, Wildcomet said:

The guardian gator is an interesting idea. A bit on the weird side, but so is naming an Orlando team Guardians to begin with haha. I can get behind it.

Yea, I'm really struggling with the Guardians, I have a few sketches but nothing seems to work. 

23 hours ago, BengalErnst said:

You going to give Antonio Brown’s proposed XFL team a logo makeover as well? It’s needed 

I might after the other teams are more or less complete. I doubt the Boomers will actually be a real football team ever but it could be fun.

On 11/4/2022 at 1:32 PM, jackkmart said:

San Antonio Brahmas V2

Ok, I've slightly altered the Brahmas logo removing some elements and moving some others around to create a shape I'm a little happier with thanks to some suggestions. Now though, I'm struggling with colors so I've decided to simply post a matrix of a lot of different color swatches for people to critique or pronounce their support for. I could always post even more swatches if that is something people are interested in. 

For best viewing I recommend opening the image in a new tab and zooming in.

BfKm4ea.png

I think inverse OG is your winner