infrared41's Best and Worst: NFL Week Eight - 2022

A week like this was bound to happen sooner or later. I guess the only real surprise is that it took this long. There was exactly one game that looked good enough for the best list and exactly one game that looked bad enough for the worst list. Everything else was good uniform vs. bad uniform which resulted in all the games  but these two cancelling each other out. 

Welcome to what I hope is the only edition of infrared41's Best and Worst Game of the Week.

This won't take long...

BEST

Steelers - Eagles: Enjoy a couple pictures of the lone qualifier for the best list. This was a really good looking game, but the fact that it was the only one tells you all you need to know about week 8 uniform match ups.

tm9M1gB.jpg

CBiHO70.jpg

WORST

Broncos - On behalf of American NFL fans, I'd like to apologize to London NFL fans for making them look at this disaster. Good lord.

4AnbdG1.jpg

And that, folks, is that. Normally, I say we'll do it all again next week, but in this particular case, let's hope not.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

this would have been fun to bring back the "Close, but no..." list you had a bit back. 

If it existed, Bills packers should be top of that list.

Bills packers game

Put the bills in white pants, and this is the top of my list. Yes, over steelers eagles.

EDIT: Just found out that the boards support alt text.  Amazing job with accessibility here.

• Like 8

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

17 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

this would have been fun to bring back the "Close, but no..." list you had a bit back.

Or the "Best, Worst, and WTF?" I did a couple weeks back. The problem with doing something like that this week is that almost every game would have made the "WTF?" or "Close, but..." list and that would have been a little silly.

Agree 100% on Packers - Bills. If the Bills had worn white pants, that game would have been #1 for sure this week and in the running for #1 any other week.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

A week like this was bound to happen sooner or later. I guess the only real surprise is that it took this long. There was exactly one game that looked good enough for the best list and exactly one game that looked bad enough for the worst list. Everything else was good uniform vs. bad uniform which resulted in all the games  but these two cancelling each other out. 

Welcome to what I hope is the only edition of infrared41's Best and Worst Game of the Week.

This won't take long...

BEST

Steelers - Eagles: Enjoy a couple pictures of the lone qualifier for the best list. This was a really good looking game, but the fact that it was the only one tells you all you need to know about week 8 uniform match ups.

tm9M1gB.jpg

CBiHO70.jpg

WORST

Broncos - On behalf of American NFL fans, I'd like to apologize to London NFL fans for making them look at this disaster. Good lord.

4AnbdG1.jpg

And that, folks, is that. Normally, I say we'll do it all again next week, but in this particular case, let's hope not.

Is that second pic of Chicago Bears and Carolina Panthers or Houston v Seattle?

• Like 1

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

10 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Everything else was good uniform vs. bad uniform which resulted in all the games  but these two cancelling each other out. 

@DCarp1231: I think this is the answer to your question. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Yawn 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

16 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

How does Ravens-Buccaneers not end up on the best? Or at least honorable mention?

spacer.png

Based on some of 'red's previous posts, I was sure this was going to be at least Top 3.

I would have preferred the Ravens in their white pants, but this still looked good to me.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

Based on some of 'red's previous posts, I was sure this was going to be at least Top 3.

I would have preferred the Ravens in their white pants, but this still looked good to me.

I understand the justification of reasoning behind a game like Bears-Cowboys, but Ravens-Buccaneers wasn’t bad-vs-good by any stretch. Had the Ravens worn black pants and/or the Buccaneers went all pewter, yeah sure. Just an odd decision to leave it off the best category.

• Meh 1
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I understand the justification of reasoning behind a game like Bears-Cowboys, but Ravens-Buccaneers wasn’t bad-vs-good by any stretch. Had the Ravens worn black pants and/or the Buccaneers went all pewter, yeah sure. Just an odd decision to leave it off the best category.

Which part of "The lists are based solely on which games I think looked the best and which games I think looked the worst each week" is tripping you up? I don't like the purple pants. Sorry if you find that "odd." For the record, I am under no obligation to "justify my reasoning." Hope that clears it up. 😎

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Yawn 2

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

If the Ravens were in all white, that game definitely makes the list. I don't like the purple pants.

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1
  • Yawn 1

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

How does Ravens-Buccaneers not end up on the best? Or at least honorable mention?

Because I didn't like the game enough to include it on the best list? With regard to Niners - Rams and Commandos - Colts: the Rams uniforms are stupid. A banana on the helmet and dumb gradient, plastic numbers. The colors are the only good thing about that set. The Commandants have gradient, dot matrix numbers, but at least they aren't plastic.

You can yawn at my posts all you want, but it's not going to change my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 4

BB52Big.jpg

Eagles-Steelers would have looked much better with the Eagles in black socks. The all-white sock trend is starting to get on my nerves.

BEST

1. Ravens @ Bucs

2. 49ers @ Rams

WORST

1. Dolphins @ Lions

2. Broncos @ Jaguars

MEH

1. Steelers @ Eagles

2. Commies @ Colts

• Like 1

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Jamesizzo said:

Eagles-Steelers would have looked much better with the Eagles in black socks. The all-white sock trend is starting to get on my nerves.

I get that the players like to wear compression tights or thigh-highs or whatever they like, but surely someone somewhere can come up with tights in appropriate team colors for these guys to wear.  I bet they can even make some with stripes to match the teams uniform socks (if applicable).

• Like 3