What is your logo white whale?

This has probably been asked before, but my search-fu is failing me.

What logos do you know existed at one point in time but you just can't find on the internet?

I'm a big college sports fan so that's also sort of my logo fandom emphasis, and I suspect that some schools, when they bring out a new visual identity, do what they can to scrub the internet of the old one.

For example, the logo Ohio State (my alma mater) was giving to TV networks at some point in the 90s  was just a white box that said The OHIO STATE University in scarlet on four lines within that box.  It was terrible so if OSU has indeed been working to remove it from search engines/archives and so forth, I don't blame them.  (EDIT: I see now that was added to this site in October. Yay/Boo!)

Until this website saved the day, it was very hard to find any pre-dog logo for Wright State; in the 90s it was this Viking type dude.

I've also been tearing up the internet looking for a logo for Eastern Illinois that I remember from the 90s too, a panther looking over a rectangle that said EIU, only his eyes visible.  Thanks to an upload of an old game on Youtube, I finally found that one last night:

spacer.png

That leaves two white whales:

1) I swear at some point Howard University used a bison head looking straight at you (as it does now) except is was more smiley and cartoony, and wore a neckerchief and I believe a little hat.

2) Virginia used to have a general-type on horseback holding up a sword.  This is not the debonair dude already present on sportslogos.net, but a far older guy, a bit like Ole Miss Colonel Reb, and again, more cartoony.  This one, I know where I saw it:  in one of those college football betting season preview magazines, Phil Steele or Jim Feist, in the 90s.

Anyone seen these? And, what logos do you know once existed but you can't find now?

• 1 month later...

Mine is the New York Cityhawks' secondary logo, which they used on the shoulders of their jerseys: a hawk spreading it's wings over NYC. 

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The bucs had sideline caps and beanies with a TB made of this font that i've only ever seen in highlight packages of the Super Bowl 37 winning season. You can kind of make them out here in the coach's gear, but I never really got a great look to them.

bfe054e05a67797b79a8548754a0c528.jpg

Oh and I would personally love high res PNGs of the original Slamball team logos and Roller Hockey International teams. Preserving history and all that.

Figured it was something like that, sort of like the Zephyr NHL hats with unique logos. Very funny looking through that doc. Couple things that stuck out was the Bengals B that predates the current primary logo. I think the Seattle S was making rounds on this board in the unused logo thread. 

• Like 1