XFL Redesign - 14/16, Indigo Added

RO_

16 hours ago, RO_ said:

Alright, here's dark grey:

New York Guardians

XFL East

Not a fan of the Orlando Guardians logos/colors, the identity just works better for New York. I dropped black for a dark grey/anthracite and made the team primarily double grey, with red only in the logo and outlining the numbers. I used the 2020 look as the base, but swapped the UCLA stripes out for an over the shoulder stripe that mimics the helmet logo. The number font also mimics the wordmark:

spacer.png

We're down to the final team!

I went to a Guardians game in February of 2020 and had a nice time. It was a sharp identity and I agree, it works better for NYC. 

Really sharp look overall. I might want to see some red incorporated in the pants (maybe just the XFL logo) for cohesion. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 2:44 PM, Karnage84 said:

This was a sharp look. The gold provides a unique colour scheme. 

I liked the gold helmet too, I decided to change it to navy because I'm leaning towards an expansion and I figured having gold as a helmet color available it'll give me some more options. Houston might end up with a gold helmet again

On 12/11/2023 at 3:08 PM, Karnage84 said:

I went to a Guardians game in February of 2020 and had a nice time. It was a sharp identity and I agree, it works better for NYC. 

Really sharp look overall. I might want to see some red incorporated in the pants (maybe just the XFL logo) for cohesion. 

That's a good idea, I might tweak it so all the X logos are red for a little pop of color. But for now, the final team is here:

Tampa Bay Vipers

XFL South

The Guardians return to New York and the Vipers return to Tampa Bay, keeping the black as their primary color from Vegas but also retaining the neon green the Orlando Guardians used. A bright silver/chrome is used as a third color, and the design is kept pretty color to their Vegas look.

I went back and forth on a neon green helmet and/or pants but felt they might be too garish, and ended up going with silver pants for the away.

spacer.png

That's the last team I had originally planned on doing, thanks for checking these out and for all the feedback! Here's a few final graphics:

Color breakdown (with updated shades):

spacer.png

Division breakdown:

spacer.png

Full helmet graphic:

spacer.png

Well, that's all. Or is it?

I think taking a break for a bit helped save me from burnout, because now I think I would like to expand this to 16 teams. So, I'm open to color palette/team suggestions. Who would you like to see added?

• Like 6

• RO_ changed the title to XFL Redesign - 12/12, Black added
9 hours ago, RO_ said:

I liked the gold helmet too, I decided to change it to navy because I'm leaning towards an expansion and I figured having gold as a helmet color available it'll give me some more options. Houston might end up with a gold helmet again

That's a good idea, I might tweak it so all the X logos are red for a little pop of color. But for now, the final team is here:

Tampa Bay Vipers

XFL South

The Guardians return to New York and the Vipers return to Tampa Bay, keeping the black as their primary color from Vegas but also retaining the neon green the Orlando Guardians used. A bright silver/chrome is used as a third color, and the design is kept pretty color to their Vegas look.

I went back and forth on a neon green helmet and/or pants but felt they might be too garish, and ended up going with silver pants for the away.

spacer.png

That's the last team I had originally planned on doing, thanks for checking these out and for all the feedback! Here's a few final graphics:

spacer.png

Division breakdown:

spacer.png

Full helmet graphic:

spacer.png

I think taking a break for a bit helped save me from burnout, because now I think I would like to expand this to 16 teams. So, I'm open to color palette/team suggestions. Who would you like to see added?

A team in a non-NFL market based in the Great Plains could be added (Omaha, Wichita, Des Moines, Oklahoma City, Tulsa)

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

Nice finish to this series, glad to see all 12 teams complete!

As for team suggestions, if you go to 16 teams maybe add a North division with teams in Chicago (revived Enforcers from the 2001 XFL), Detroit, and a couple other Great Lakes/Midwestern cities (a team in Ohio perhaps)? The XFL-USFL merger IRL may provide some possibilities as well

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 12:08 AM, RO_ said:

Tampa Bay Vipers

XFL South

spacer.png

spacer.png

Division breakdown:

spacer.png

Full helmet graphic:

spacer.png

I really like the Vipers black look. The white set looks disjointed like it doesn't belong. I'd extend the yoke out to the shoulders and keep the green numbers from the black version; add a green outline to the black numbers; white pants with a thick black stripe down the sides and change the black v arrow things to green. You created a really cool hybrid identity that is an upgrade over both versions of the Vipers. 

XFL Logo: I'd suggest adding a contrasting colour that fits the teams identity and has the logo popping. Especially if there's a colour that hasn't been incorporated in something like the pants that's in other areas of the uniform (such as red being non-existent on their pants but is elsewhere in the jersey). 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 8:57 AM, maxwasson said:

A team in a non-NFL market based in the Great Plains could be added (Omaha, Wichita, Des Moines, Oklahoma City, Tulsa)

On 12/13/2023 at 4:44 PM, Dozap17 said:

Nice finish to this series, glad to see all 12 teams complete!

As for team suggestions, if you go to 16 teams maybe add a North division with teams in Chicago (revived Enforcers from the 2001 XFL), Detroit, and a couple other Great Lakes/Midwestern cities (a team in Ohio perhaps)? The XFL-USFL merger IRL may provide some possibilities as well

Thank you, these are solid suggestions! The league could use some central/midwestern teams, an with the coming merger I think I have some ideas.

On 12/16/2023 at 9:30 AM, Karnage84 said:

I really like the Vipers black look. The white set looks disjointed like it doesn't belong. I'd extend the yoke out to the shoulders and keep the green numbers from the black version; add a green outline to the black numbers; white pants with a thick black stripe down the sides and change the black v arrow things to green. You created a really cool hybrid identity that is an upgrade over both versions of the Vipers. 

XFL Logo: I'd suggest adding a contrasting colour that fits the teams identity and has the logo popping. Especially if there's a colour that hasn't been incorporated in something like the pants that's in other areas of the uniform (such as red being non-existent on their pants but is elsewhere in the jersey). 

Thanks! Yeah there is a lack of green on the away, I had a few versions with a pant stripe similar to what you described. I'll probably make some tweaks to the original twelve, but until then...

spacer.png

Here's where I'm at with expanding this concept to 16 teams. I have some ideas but haven't settled on everything just yet, so I could use some help:

Relocations: The Renegades move back to Arlington; doesn't make sense to move the champs away, plus the league is run out of Arlington anyways. The only other team I could see move are the Vipers.

Recolors: Pretty satisfied with the 12, but I'm thinking of changing San Antonio's color scheme to something else and giving an expansion team maroon as their primary. I'll probably go back to a gold helmet for Houston as well.

Expansion Cities: Currently, I'm thinking Birmingham, Detroit, Memphis, and Oklahoma City. I like the idea of primarily using non-NFL cities, and if these end up being the final four it would give this league a 50/50 split. But, I am open to suggestions here.

Expansion Colors: If you're just finding this thread the rules I'm trying to adhere to are that no two teams can share the same primary color, and no two teams can share the same helmet color. Adding four teams certainly makes this challenging! Currently, I'm thinking of a crimson red; something darker than DC's red, but lighter than maroon. And also a third shade of green; brighter than Seattle but darker than Arizona. For the other two I'm a bit stumped; my first thoughts were a brassy gold color (think Saints throwback gold) and brown so throw your ideas out there.

For team identities, I'm going to stick with existing logos as logo creation is not my strong suit. So the remaining AAF and USFL (and possibly XFL 2001) logos are up for use.

• Like 1

• RO_ changed the title to XFL Redesign - 12/?? - Expansion?
On 12/13/2023 at 12:08 AM, RO_ said:

Tampa Bay Vipers

XFL South

spacer.png

spacer.png

Division breakdown:

spacer.png

Full helmet graphic:

spacer.png

An easy answer for me: Atlanta Legends of AAF

Logo: Great logo - clean, stands out

Colour Scheme - This would be a darker purple (eggplant) and vegas gold. It would be a unique scheme in your set and adds a colour other than red or blue

Team Name: It's terrible. This would need to be changed. Monarchs, Kings, Royals, etc. Something that would tie in to the logo.

Jerseys: This was a terrible execution when it was rolled out by AAF. The helmets and the jerseys had two different shades of purple. Stick with the one shade (helmet colour). Have the crown on the jersey sleeves be the striping (sort of like the Vikings). 

You should probably also look at rebalancing the divisions and creating a North division. DC and NY could probably fit there. Detroit would be another fairly natural fit. St. Louis might be your 4th. 

I'd probably also look at adding Dallas as a franchise. It's 3 teams in Texas but a) football is life there; b) it's a huge state, so there's room for the fanbase; c) the league is headquartered there

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 6:58 PM, Bomba Tomba said:

What about pink? Criminally underused and underrated

On 12/21/2023 at 12:30 PM, Karnage84 said:

Colour Scheme - This would be a darker purple (eggplant) and vegas gold. It would be a unique scheme in your set and adds a colour other than red or blue

Both great suggestions! Here's the new color breakdown with the expansion teams added:

spacer.png

The new colors are pink, (more or less kelly) green, indigo, and brown. The Brahmas are switching to one of the new colors so a different team will use maroon, I'll post the updated look here soon.

• Like 3

First step, swap St. Louis & Tampa’s division, it makes more geographical sense, and makes the rivalry with DC mean that much more when they’re on the schedule. 

secondly, Please add the Memphis Express! They were my favorite AAF team  and are a perfect non-NFL city 

13 hours ago, CLEFAN94 said:

First step, swap St. Louis & Tampa’s division, it makes more geographical sense, and makes the rivalry with DC mean that much more when they’re on the schedule. 

Oh yeah there will be new alignment (four divisions, two conferences) once all the teams are revealed. But for now, here is San Antonio's updated look. Changed their color scheme to brown and off-white/cream, and changed the striping to something a little more traditional with a spurred spike to match the number font:

spacer.png

The new maroon team is next.

• Like 7

• RO_ changed the title to XFL Redesign - 12/16 - San Antonio Updated

Q. Why is St. Louis in the East and Tampa in the South when Orlando is in the East and teams in cities closer to St. Louis are in the South?

Orlando's purple should be darker.

Also is the uniform template available?

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Maybe it's because I'm old, but I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet. Since you're willing to re-use logos and helmets from other leagues, and since the XFL is merging with USFL, have you considered adopting the far-superior Jacksonville Bulls helmet from the original USFL? 

Not only is it one of (in my opinion) the best helmets in all of pro sports, but it also uses the dusty, maroon/gray color palette you're seeking. 

spacer.png

Oh yeah the Bulls had a great look and color scheme, but maroon is going to a different USFL team:

Michigan Panthers

With announcements of a merged XFL and USFL coming any day now I figured I'd include some of the teams that made the cut and incorporate them into this expansion. I kept the look pretty classic, kind of a combo of their 80's and current look with a blue facemask, but replaced the champagne/gold color with copper.

spacer.png

Also, I know I said no existing teams will change but I'm very indecisive and got an idea while working on this one, so I'll need some feedback on this. If the rumors of the merger are true, then the Houston Gamblers would make it in over the Roughnecks. From what I understand the Roughnecks were much more popular in Houston, so how about a compromise? Keep the Roughnecks name, but the Gamblers' color palette:

spacer.png

This is also sort of a modernization of the old and new Gamblers uniforms, keeping the dark charcoal gray and 'notched' pant stripe. I think there are pros and cons to making this switch: my current Roughnecks look is probably my least favorite of this redesign, and changing their color palette would make them less Texans Jr. But, I also really like my black and neon green Vipers, and then I'd have to go back to the drawing board with them (they wouldn't necessarily be navy blue).

Let me know what you think!

• Like 7

• RO_ changed the title to XFL Redesign - 13/16 - Maroon added, possible Houston update?

Yeah I'm leaning towards the Roughnecks/Gamblers mashup, although the color scheme is pretty close to the Guardians. But if I change the Roughnecks, the Vipers will need to change as well. Of all the available colors remaining I decided to go with navy blue, as I think their logo looks best on a dark background. I darkened the navy and after playing around with a couple of secondary colors I went with a fluorescent red-orange. I tried a thick navy stripe behind the pant stripes on the away but wasn't crazy about it, so I removed the shoulder yoke.

spacer.png

• Like 3