XFL Redesign - 14/16, Indigo Added

RO_

On 4/25/2023 at 11:54 PM, Bomba Tomba said:

I still believe that a white jersey should not be a requirement in a set, just a dark one and a light one.

If white is part of the team's official colors, then it's okay to make that the color of the light jersey. But cream or silver or yellow or light blue or whatever else should also be acceptable.

Yeah, I correct myself, it should be light-colored. But reinforcing what I thought, I still don't understand why Arizona Hotshots don't have a green jersey to contrast with their yellow jerseys, both Birmingham Iron and San Antonio Commanders don't have a silver jersey, and Salt Lake Stallions don't have a light blue or dark blue jersey. Just my thought.

Anyway, let's move on...

Thanks all! Despite them wanting to showcase unique color-on-color matchups (or something along those lines), I think the real reason the AAF didn't have alt jerseys was because the league was just too cheap lol. Even though they ended up needing alt jerseys for the league at the end; I really liked the white Fleet jerseys so I wanted to keep that look. I'd agree the chevrons look better floating, I originally had them all yellow inside an anthracite stripe on every element but it looked bad on the home.

More teams for sure should have non-white road jerseys; especially for a smaller league like the XFL, makes it a little more unique.

Anthracite/yellow/anthracite/yellow would be a good home look too, currently another team has an anthracite helmet though (but I've been thinking about switching some teams around).

Until then, here's teal:

Seattle Sea Dragons

XFL West

Seattle's current look might be my favorite in this iteration of the XFL? I don't mind the goofy new logo, the only knock on it imo is the lack of consummate V's and it needs a big, beefy arm. I like the pattern in the stripes too, the main issue is the dark green and navy are too similar, it just looks solid navy from far away. Plus with a name like the Sea Dragons they should go with a more 'fun' color scheme, so how bout teal and purple.

I kept the same general look of their current set, but I simplified the stripes with sort of a 'dragon scale' pattern

spacer.png

Almost halfway done, green is up next.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• RO_ changed the title to XFL Redesign - 5/12, Teal added

The new color scheme is perfect for the Sea Dragons. It really captures that "magic" vibe associated with dragons, while still keeping the identity fierce.

The only tweaks I would make is using a different number font, as the current one looks a little wonky, as if the numbers are drooping down. I also might introduce a sliver of orange in some compacity, since it's present in the logo, but not the uniforms. Excellent work though. Giving each team a unique color scheme is a great idea, and your execution gas been fantastic.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2023 at 8:33 AM, fortunat1 said:

The new color scheme is perfect for the Sea Dragons. It really captures that "magic" vibe associated with dragons, while still keeping the identity fierce.

The only tweaks I would make is using a different number font, as the current one looks a little wonky, as if the numbers are drooping down. I also might introduce a sliver of orange in some compacity, since it's present in the logo, but not the uniforms. Excellent work though. Giving each team a unique color scheme is a great idea, and your execution gas been fantastic.

Hey thanks! I had tried incorporating some orange originally but didn't really love it, but I made a few quick updates and a couple have orange added:

Option 1: No change, aside from a new number font that's closer to what they have now

spacer.png

Option 2: Added tiny flecks of orange into the striping (this one is probably my favorite but I may need to tweak it some more, since it's still hard to tell there's any orange from afar

spacer.png

Option 3: the stripes are all outlined in orange (not really crazy about this one)

spacer.png

Let me know what you think!

• Love 1

• RO_ changed the title to XFL Redesign - 5/12, Teal updated

No on the orange, always thought it made their color scheme messy IRL

Green and blue would have been okay

Green and orange too

Blue and orange too

But all three at the same time has them all competing for attention in my eyes

So the best move for your concept is just go teal and blue

• Like 1

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

I agree with that orange does feel out of place when thrown into the uniforms. I wasn't fully sure how it would fare, but I think that it's best just to omit it entirely. That said, I think that option 1 is great. The font change really elevates the uniforms from an A to an A+. Looking forward to your future work!

• Like 1

I appreciate the feedback! I'm going to stick with option 1. And just for fun, here's what today's XFL North championship could have looked like:

spacer.png

Now, before I move on to green I have a possible update to San Antonio, and this will influence who the next team is. I like my current concept for them, but I feel like the sand color and the gradient will go better with a different team. So I had an idea to give them a more 'southwestern' color scheme: maroon, a darker yellow, and turquoise. I took the pattern from their current set's collar and put it on the sleeves and pants. Hopefully it's not too busy, let me know what you think:

spacer.png

• Like 4

• RO_ changed the title to XFL Redesign - 5/12, Teal updated, possible Maroon update?

This to me is too busy the same way the original Sea Dragons colors are, you got three primary colors together

Prefer the old one for its simpler scheme, plus it has an away set that is not white

• Like 1

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

Fair points! I'll stick with my previous design for San Antonio, and here's green:

Arizona Hotshots

XFL South

Maybe I'm misremembering but it seemed like Arizona had one of the more devoted fanbases and better identities in the AAF, so I felt they deserved to come back. I get their original uniforms were meant to mimic the actual hotshots uniforms, but I switched them to a green primary (mostly because SD took yellow).

I used the darker green that Orlando currently uses and added more orange to make it look less Packers-y (thought about going with white pants for the home). I took the side panel design and put it on the pants and added a design to the sleeve that mimics the A in the wordmark:

spacer.png

Halfway there, here's the division breakdown and updated helmet graphic:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The three upcoming blue teams should be fairly obvious, right..?

• Like 4

• RO_ changed the title to XFL Redesign - 6/12, Green added

Oh, I guessed wrong with the green team! Well, it looks as though your Guardians will be reverted to its silver and black color scheme.

Anyway, the Hotshots are one of the best-looking AAF teams, in my book, and I'm glad that you basically retained what they had.

As for the next three teams, I'm guessing Renegades (light blue), BattleHawks (royal blue), and Roughnecks (navy blue).

• Like 1

I’m in absolute heaven with this thread so far. Loved everything you’ve released and can’t wait to see more. I’m sad there is only 12 teams hah 

Lost a little hope early because I do badly want my Commanders back but I’m fully onboard 

• Like 2

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

On 4/27/2023 at 11:04 PM, RO_ said:

Thanks all! Despite them wanting to showcase unique color-on-color matchups (or something along those lines), I think the real reason the AAF didn't have alt jerseys was because the league was just too cheap lol. Even though they ended up needing alt jerseys for the league at the end; I really liked the white Fleet jerseys so I wanted to keep that look. I'd agree the chevrons look better floating, I originally had them all yellow inside an anthracite stripe on every element but it looked bad on the home.

More teams for sure should have non-white road jerseys; especially for a smaller league like the XFL, makes it a little more unique.

Anthracite/yellow/anthracite/yellow would be a good home look too, currently another team has an anthracite helmet though (but I've been thinking about switching some teams around).

Until then, here's teal:

Seattle Sea Dragons

XFL West

Seattle's current look might be my favorite in this iteration of the XFL? I don't mind the goofy new logo, the only knock on it imo is the lack of consummate V's and it needs a big, beefy arm. I like the pattern in the stripes too, the main issue is the dark green and navy are too similar, it just looks solid navy from far away. Plus with a name like the Sea Dragons they should go with a more 'fun' color scheme, so how bout teal and purple.

I kept the same general look of their current set, but I simplified the stripes with sort of a 'dragon scale' pattern

spacer.png

Almost halfway done, green is up next.

I love this green that you went with.  Very nice and different.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 7:19 AM, BengalErnst said:

I’m in absolute heaven with this thread so far. Loved everything you’ve released and can’t wait to see more. I’m sad there is only 12 teams hah 

Lost a little hope early because I do badly want my Commanders back but I’m fully onboard 

Thanks! Once I started I thought about expanding to 16 teams, but then I was having trouble coming up with four more unique helmet/jersey combos, I'd pretty much have to start over, haha.

The Commanders were my AAF team as well, the main reasons I didn't include them were because of the Brahmas, and that Washington NFL team decided to take the name for some reason.

On 5/2/2023 at 8:32 PM, edjb93 said:

Oh, I guessed wrong with the green team! Well, it looks as though your Guardians will be reverted to its silver and black color scheme.

Anyway, the Hotshots are one of the best-looking AAF teams, in my book, and I'm glad that you basically retained what they had.

As for the next three teams, I'm guessing Renegades (light blue), BattleHawks (royal blue), and Roughnecks (navy blue).

You've been pretty close on almost all of them! Light blue is (sort of) the Renegades:

Las Vegas Outlaws

XFL West

Maybe I'll have to change the name back to the Renegades if they somehow win the championship, but either way Texas doesn't need three teams so they're moving to Vegas. I kept the colors and logos of the Renegades but used the bright red the Vipers currently use (where will they go?), and decided to rename them as sort of an homage to the original XFL. 

The 2020 logo is back on the helmet with the 2001 wordmark on the collar. This takes elements of both Renegades looks and combines them. I kinda like the '23 pant stripe so I kept it, also made the striping black across everything. I'm not a fan of their current road look, the light blue and red look really muddy to me.

spacer.png

Royal blue is next!

• Like 2

• RO_ changed the title to XFL Redesign - 7/12, Light Blue added

I wasn’t expecting that either and I’m not mad about it. Even tho I would’ve supported bringing back the old 2001 LV logo also.

And now that you said originally you were going to do 16 teams, now I’m sad you settled with 12 haha 

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

I would probably recolor one of the older Outlaws logos rather than using the Renegades logo. because it could get confusing for people tuning in to the games that haven't watched the 2023 version of the league after watching the 2020 version. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I like what you did with the Renegades design, especially the helmet stripe, but I agree with others that the original Las Vegas Outlaws logos were so strong that they deserve to be present somewhere, primarily the deer skull logo.  That said, if you wanted to put a team in Omaha, Orlando, Oklahoma or Ohio, the deer skull logo from the Las Vegas Outlaws makes a good "O" and could be used with a different nickname. 

Just a thought. 

• Like 2