XFL Redesign - 14/16, Indigo Added

RO_

On 4/16/2023 at 10:45 PM, RO_ said:

Howdy everyone - Well the XFL season is almost over, and while I've enjoyed most of the games I've watched I'm not crazy with most of the unis. I do like that each team's primary color is different, the problem is.. they all kinda suck. So here's my attempt to fix it. As a challenge I wanted to make sure each team was unique, so no two teams share a primary color or the same color helmet. Also, I've expanded the league to 12 teams (I guess this would only make sense if they merged with the USFL):

spacer.png

To make the league slightly more unique, it would be broken down into three four-team divisions, a 14-game schedule, and a 4 to 6 team playoff:

spacer.png

There will be some relocations, new color palettes, and of course a few new teams. Can you guess who is who? I'm just gonna go from left to right starting with red:

DC Defenders

XFL East

Despite having two pairs of red pants for some reason, DC still has one of the better looking sets this year. So this one doesn't change much, I removed the marbling from the helmet and put the alt logo on the helmet. Added white pants with a floating stripe just to switch it up a bit, nothing too crazy for this first one:

spacer.png

Next up: the maroon team. Who's it gonna be?

I know Dani and Dwayne focused on "the little things" for each team's look, but this is a great example of what happens when your "little things" are the WRONG thing.  All their focus on making unneeded changes turned a great uniform into a bland one with stupid details that sometimes can't be seen on tv.

Your tweak is not dramatic but it does wonders to make this a major upgrade.  Your changes make these so much better!   Great job!

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 8:01 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I would probably recolor one of the older Outlaws logos rather than using the Renegades logo. because it could get confusing for people tuning in to the games that haven't watched the 2023 version of the league after watching the 2020 version. 

On 5/5/2023 at 9:03 AM, WideRight said:

I like what you did with the Renegades design, especially the helmet stripe, but I agree with others that the original Las Vegas Outlaws logos were so strong that they deserve to be present somewhere, primarily the deer skull logo.  That said, if you wanted to put a team in Omaha, Orlando, Oklahoma or Ohio, the deer skull logo from the Las Vegas Outlaws makes a good "O" and could be used with a different nickname. 

Just a thought. 

These are good points, my main reason for not using the deer skull logo was I thought maybe it was too similar an identity to the Brahmas, but yeah it's too good not to use. I guess I'm gonna have to expand to 16 teams, ha. So, I'm changing light blue back to the Renegades, but keeping them in Vegas - I made a small tweak and added a wordmark to the jerseys.

spacer.png

And here are some possible uniform matchups for the XFL championship. I'm assuming DC will be the home team:

spacer.png

But in case they aren't:

spacer.png

And here's a color on color, because why not? I think it'd work well with these two teams:

spacer.png

I'm going to go through my original 12 teams, and then I'll look at possibly adding four more. I'll post the royal blue team later today/tomorrow.

• Like 4

• RO_ changed the title to XFL Redesign - 7/12, Light Blue updated
27 minutes ago, RO_ said:

These are good points, my main reason for not using the deer skull logo was I thought maybe it was too similar an identity to the Brahmas, but yeah it's too good not to use. I guess I'm gonna have to expand to 16 teams, ha. So, I'm changing light blue back to the Renegades, but keeping them in Vegas - I made a small tweak and added a wordmark to the jerseys.

spacer.png

And here are some possible uniform matchups for the XFL championship. I'm assuming DC will be the home team:

spacer.png

But in case they aren't:

spacer.png

And here's a color on color, because why not? I think it'd work well with these two teams:

spacer.png

I'm going to go through my original 12 teams, and then I'll look at possibly adding four more. I'll post the royal blue team later today/tomorrow.

I'd love for both teams to wear their home kit when they don't clash. It'd brighten up the dome.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd love for both teams to wear their home kit when they don't clash. It'd brighten up the dome.

Agreed - hell, even if they both went monochrome I wouldn't hate it. Plus I think Arlington's mono blue looks a lot better than their mono white.

Alright, here's royal blue, and to the surprise of no one it's...

St. Louis Battlehawks

XFL East

I think once all the teams are revealed it would make more sense for them to be in the South division, but I wanted them in the East to keep the rivalry with DC. Like my DC concept, nothing too crazy here. Navy blue is back as an accent color, and this is basically their 2020 look with the 2023 logos and a stenciled block font:

spacer.png

2/3 of the way there, navy blue is up next.

• Like 4

• RO_ changed the title to XFL Redesign - 8/12, Royal Blue added
On 5/7/2023 at 9:11 PM, Bomba Tomba said:

Yes! Looking good. Battlehawks have my favorite look in the current XFL.

Why not gray numbers on the home, and a gray base on the away?

Something like this?

spacer.png

Not sure if there's enough contrast, or maybe the silver is too dark, but I'll leave it up to you all.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

On 5/8/2023 at 3:59 AM, RO_ said:

Agreed - hell, even if they both went monochrome I wouldn't hate it. Plus I think Arlington's mono blue looks a lot better than their mono white.

Alright, here's royal blue, and to the surprise of no one it's...

St. Louis Battlehawks

XFL East

I think once all the teams are revealed it would make more sense for them to be in the South division, but I wanted them in the East to keep the rivalry with DC. Like my DC concept, nothing too crazy here. Navy blue is back as an accent color, and this is basically their 2020 look with the 2023 logos and a stenciled block font:

spacer.png

2/3 of the way there, navy blue is up next.

It's almost got a purple tint to it

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

On 5/9/2023 at 8:57 PM, tigers said:

It's almost got a purple tint to it

Yeah I see what you mean, I wonder if the shade of royal blue I used is too bright. I think I prefer the first version with the white home numbers and white road jersey a bit more. I might revisit St. Louis, but for now, here's navy blue:

Houston Roughnecks

XFL South

They got it absolutely right, no changes needed! Thanks for stopping by, check back later for purple!

Ok, just kidding. Houston might have my least favorite XFL '23 uniforms. I don't even hate 'modern' elements the way most of this board does, but their uniforms are just dumb, imo. The Texas helmet might be fun for a once-a-season alt, but not full time. Anyways, here's my take on them. It's kind of a streamlined version of the 2020 look without the side panels, and the stripes on the pants and helmet match now. Since a silver helmet is off the table, I went with gold instead.

spacer.png

Ok, the entire West division has been revealed, here's the division breakdown now:

spacer.png

And the updated helmet graphic:

spacer.png

We're nearing the end (before a possible expansion), thanks for checking these out. Purple is next, and here are a couple hints:

1. It's an AAF team
  2. It's not the Atlanta Legends

I think I might've given it away, but we'll see!

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

• RO_ changed the title to XFL Redesign - 9/12, Navy Blue added

Just realized you only have three teams left to reveal so now I’m sad.

Not a huge fan of the St Louis Battlehawks, there is something off with the two blues on top of each other. Doesn’t look right to me.

Im also a huge fan of the Houston roughnecks look in real life, so I think that speaks for my thoughts on your rendition. However, I do like you changing stuff up 

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

1 hour ago, BengalErnst said:

Just realized you only have three teams left to reveal so now I’m sad.

Not a huge fan of the St Louis Battlehawks, there is something off with the two blues on top of each other. Doesn’t look right to me.

Im also a huge fan of the Houston roughnecks look in real life, so I think that speaks for my thoughts on your rendition. However, I do like you changing stuff up 

Yeah, there's something off about STL's palette. The more I look at it the less I like it. I wanted to keep Houston somewhat traditional, but I may change my mind. Still might add four more teams!

11 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Instead of the stars for Houston, I would have used their new secondary logo on the sleeves.

XFL Reveals Secondary Logos for All Eight Teams

That's a good idea, I had it on the collar but it'd look better on the sleeves. Got a few updates:

Updated STL's colors. Tweaked both the royal blue and silver, and swapped out the navy blue for black for better contrast:

spacer.png

And here are a few ideas for Houston, I tweaked the shade of navy blue on all of these.

Option 1:

Basically the same, but with the secondary logo on the sleeves

spacer.png

Option 2:

Swapped the gold helmet for navy, this would give a potential expansion team the option to have a gold helmet (not sure if I like this one much though)

spacer.png

Option 3:

Dropped red and gold for a lighter shade of blue some other team in Houston might've worn once. I think I accidentally made the Argonauts.

spacer.png

Let me know what you think!

• Dislike 2

• RO_ changed the title to XFL Redesign - 9/12, updates to Royal and Navy
10 hours ago, RO_ said:

Yeah, there's something off about STL's palette. The more I look at it the less I like it. I wanted to keep Houston somewhat traditional, but I may change my mind. Still might add four more teams!

That's a good idea, I had it on the collar but it'd look better on the sleeves. Got a few updates:

Updated STL's colors. Tweaked both the royal blue and silver, and swapped out the navy blue for black for better contrast:

spacer.png

And here are a few ideas for Houston, I tweaked the shade of navy blue on all of these.

Option 1:

spacer.png

Option 2:

Swapped the gold helmet for navy, this would give a potential expansion team the option to have a gold helmet (not sure if I like this one much though)

spacer.png

Option 3:

Dropped red and gold for a lighter shade of blue some other team in Houston might've worn once. I think I accidentally made the Argonauts.

spacer.png

Option1 is the best look in my opinion.  I should have said this earlier, but what about using the Texas flag as that middle stripe with blue at the front and the white and red stipes at the back of the helmet? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I agree that the first option was the better look for Houston but I do like the blue helmet better individually.

Keep the Argonauts colors for your XFL Toronto team ;) 

only four more teams? You sure?  Ha

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

On 5/11/2023 at 10:15 PM, RO_ said:

spacer.png

Option 1:

spacer.png

Option 2:

spacer.png

Option 3:

spacer.png

Option 1 110%

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 11:55 PM, RO_ said:

Yeah I see what you mean, I wonder if the shade of royal blue I used is too bright. I think I prefer the first version with the white home numbers and white road jersey a bit more. I might revisit St. Louis, but for now, here's navy blue:

Houston Roughnecks

XFL South

They got it absolutely right, no changes needed! Thanks for stopping by, check back later for purple!

Ok, just kidding. Houston might have my least favorite XFL '23 uniforms. I don't even hate 'modern' elements the way most of this board does, but their uniforms are just dumb, imo. The Texas helmet might be fun for a once-a-season alt, but not full time. Anyways, here's my take on them. It's kind of a streamlined version of the 2020 look without the side panels, and the stripes on the pants and helmet match now. Since a silver helmet is off the table, I went with gold instead.

spacer.png

Ok, the entire West division has been revealed, here's the division breakdown now:

spacer.png

And the updated helmet graphic:

spacer.png

We're nearing the end (before a possible expansion), thanks for checking these out. Purple is next, and here are a couple hints:

1. It's an AAF team
  2. It's not the Atlanta Legends

I think I might've given it away, but we'll see!

Liking the work done so far on this, looking forward to seeing the final three teams in this concept and any potential expansion teams

• 6 months later...

Hey y'all, long time no see. Kinda forgot about this, not sure why I didn't post the last three teams considering I've them done for a while. Anyways, might as well finish before the XFL (possibly) turns into the UFL...

Decided to overhaul Houston, I dropped gold and brought back the gradients:

spacer.png

Next up, the purple team:

Orlando Apollos

XFL East

Another AAF team gets revived. It's been a minute since I made these but I replaced navy blue with purple (since they looked purple in a lot of promo pics to me) and added the lighter orange from the logo into the uniforms as an accent. With a spacey number font and kept the uniform pretty close to the original, except with a home jersey that actually matches the other one this time:

spacer.png

Thanks for checking these out; the last two are done, I'll probably post charcoal/dark grey in a day or two.

• Like 8

• RO_ changed the title to XFL Redesign - 10/12, Navy updated, Purple added

Alright, here's dark grey:

New York Guardians

XFL East

Not a fan of the Orlando Guardians logos/colors, the identity just works better for New York. I dropped black for a dark grey/anthracite and made the team primarily double grey, with red only in the logo and outlining the numbers. I used the 2020 look as the base, but swapped the UCLA stripes out for an over the shoulder stripe that mimics the helmet logo. The number font also mimics the wordmark:

spacer.png

We're down to the final team!

• Like 10