2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

Just now, Cujo said:

Looking like total dog shyte = character?

They look like the Dallas Cowboys.   The Cowboys look one way when dressed in White and another way dressed in Navy.  It’s how it’s pretty much always been and probably how it always will be.  

Might not be your cup of tea, which is totally okay, but they’re certainly an iconic brand in not just football, but all of sports, and their fanbase and merch sales back that up, regardless of whether their blues or grays match.

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

8 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

They look like the Dallas Cowboys.   The Cowboys look one way when dressed in White and another way dressed in Navy.  It’s how it’s pretty much always been and probably how it always will be.  

Imagine the New York Yankees wearing navy hats and with jerseys using royal lettering. Embarrassing, right? That is what the Cowboys have been trying to get away with.

No other team in pro sports does this. It actually goes against the true definition of "uniform". It looks so poverty. You would think the richest North American pro sports franchise would be able to address it.

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

No other team in pro sports does this.

This is why it works.  It's a trademark look now.  

And they haven't "been trying to get away with" it...it's not a modern thing.  They've been dressing like this for like 50 years, it's well-documented...and the years when they did have matching silvers, they didn't look right.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 16

7 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

The only thing the article has refreshed is my disdain for the mismatched colors. You can argue it's part of their look all you want, you can give it historical context, you can say it's been around for 50 years. Doesn't make it any less ugly or any less inferior to a single shade of blue and a single shade of silver. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Huh? 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

2 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

The only thing the article has refreshed is my disdain for the mismatched colors. You can argue it's part of their look all you want, you can give it historical context, you can say it's been around for 50 years. Doesn't make it any less ugly or any less inferior to a single shade of blue and a single shade of silver. 

That's your opinion.

• WOAH 1

I personally wouldn't even go the navy and silver route when dark royal and bluish silver are right there. Solves the mismatch, stays unique, still feels classic Cowboys. It's effectively what they wore during the 70s, so it's still traditional too. Everything 'good' about the mismatched set would remain if they switched over, renders the mismatched set completely moot. It isn't hard. At the very least I could potentially live with a mismatched set if they used the same jersey design on the home and away, but they can't even do that. Absolutely insane to me why they've kept this going for so long. I guarantee not many people would notice if they made the switch. 

NcCKI9l.png 

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

That's your opinion.

Wow, is it? I hadn't noticed! Such a shocking revelation!

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Eyeroll 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

The 394652 shades of blue and silver immediately disqualify the Cowboys from ever being in the best uniform conversation.

I won't deny that they need to fix the blue, but the red/gold and blue/silver contrast so well off of one another that I still think it's the best matchup in the league.