2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

Also need someone to explain the black trim on the sleeves. What a hot mess. 

Nike Youth Dallas Cowboys Micah Parsons #11 White Game Jersey | Dick's  Sporting Goods

You asked, I answered...

...The black strokes on the sleeve stripes was done for visibility reasons back in the '60s and '70s, to help them show up better on photo and early color TV. The Cowboys just never dropped it once the strokes were no longer needed and thus we have...👆🏾 that.

2 hours ago, PERRIN said:

I personally wouldn't even go the navy and silver route when dark royal and bluish silver are right there. Solves the mismatch, stays unique, still feels classic Cowboys. It's effectively what they wore during the 70s, so it's still traditional too. Everything 'good' about the mismatched set would remain if they switched over, renders the mismatched set completely moot. It isn't hard. At the very least I could potentially live with a mismatched set if they used the same jersey design on the home and away, but they can't even do that. Absolutely insane to me why they've kept this going for so long. I guarantee not many people would notice if they made the switch. 

NcCKI9l.png 

Wow, is it? I hadn't noticed! Such a shocking revelation!

Might just be my phone screen, but that looks mighty purplish.

All this said, since a/ this thread is officially Cowboyjacked and b/ this is also turning into the Big D version of the gray facemask debate, I'll level: if Dallas could just match blues on their helmet logo/stripes/dark jerseys/socks and the blue on their white jerseys/socks, I personally couldn't care any less [any more] what hue of seafoam green/silver blue/somewhere-between-the-two their pants are. 

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

32 minutes ago, tBBP said:

The black strokes on the sleeve stripes was done for visibility reasons back in the '60s and '70s, to help them show up better on photo and early color TV.

Okayyy... Well TVs are better now. They can drop the quazi-BFBS.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Eyeroll 2

6uXNWAo.png

7 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Okayyy... Well TVs are better now. They can drop the quazi-BFBS.

The Cowboys jersey stripes have been the same since 1964 after they moved from double stars. Don't mess with it, leave it there. This team doesn't need to screw around with their look unless it's for an alternate and even then their Color Rush helmet sucks.

This is what the Cowboys should look like, nothing more and nothing less. Just fix the blues and the silver and don't do anything else.

1971_Dallas.png

• Like 14

bSLCtu2.png

3 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Hear me out....

1994-nfc-championship-dallas-cowboys-v-s

Silvers match, blues match, numbers match compared to navy jersey.

I like these but they aren't as good as their regular uniforms... which I also like lol

I'm glad these exist though. And we got the blue version too!

21 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I wonder how people would feel about the NFL going the college route & not requiring knee-high socks?

I think I’d probably prefer that over the white pants & white leggings look that more & more teams have been trotting out (I think it looks fine with complete white-out looks like the Cardinals, but when the Vikings or Eagles pair it with a dark helmet & jersey, it looks terrible).

The NFL should never go the route of ditching the knee high socks. I hate the leggings look as much as anyone, the pants and socks should never be the same color, but I'll take the leggings look over short socks and bare skin...frankly, it's the one thing I've always hated the most about the CFB aesthetic, and I appreciated that guys like Joe Burrow actually did wear knee-high purple socks at LSU.

• Like 5

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The Cowboys jersey stripes have been the same since 1964 after they moved from double stars. Don't mess with it, leave it there. This team doesn't need to screw around with their look unless it's for an alternate and even then their Color Rush helmet sucks.

This is what the Cowboys should look like, nothing more and nothing less. Just fix the blues and the silver and don't do anything else.

1971_Dallas.png

I think what bothers me so much about the Cowboys is that they're so close to perfection (this^), yet still look horrible and amateurish now

• Applause 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

13 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

Best uniform matchup in the league for SNF. Let's go.

spacer.png

Packers/Raiders the following night is gorgeous as well.

I like Ravens in white jersey and purple pants versus the Steelers black and yellow, if Baltimore brings out the purple pants, and assuming Pittsburgh doesn't go monochrome black. I also would like the Eagles in the midnight green pants versus the Rams royal blue jersey with yellow pants. But PHI is reluctant to wear the green pants most of the time.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

I like Ravens in white jersey and purple pants versus the Steelers black and yellow, if Baltimore brings out the purple pants, and assuming Pittsburgh doesn't go monochrome black. I also would like the Eagles in the midnight green pants versus the Rams royal blue jersey with yellow pants. But PHI is reluctant to wear the green pants most of the time.

Agree that the first would look great with the Ravens in purple pants against the standard Steelers look, I strongly disagree on the second one (I agree with the combos you chose for Eagles/Rams, I just think it'll still be a bad-looking game).

6 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

I think what bothers me so much about the Cowboys is that they're so close to perfection (this^), yet still look horrible and amateurish now

This really nails it.

It's like the Dallascowboys we're told "we need new uniforms", dropped by the second-hand store, and picked anything they could find with silver and blue. It looks soooo incredibly trashy.

• Like 4

6uXNWAo.png

7 hours ago, TruColor said:

OK - I'm confused. You're posting a 13-year old image of mine? Here's the current palette (They modified it again in 2012; 2 years after that old crappy image):

spacer.png

Nike: "Hey Jerry. Can we simplify your uniforms? Your Dallascowboys have accumulated one hundred blue and silver color combinations over the years."

Jerreh: "Is that so? Well, will we still sell jerseys?"

• LOL 1

6uXNWAo.png

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

Nike: "Hey Jerry. Can we simplify your uniforms? Your Dallascowboys have accumulated one hundred blue and silver color combinations over the years."

Jerreh: "Is that so? Well, will we still sell jerseys?"

How is that an answer to @TruColor for dunking on you for using a wildly out of date image to make your point?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

How is that an answer to @TruColor for dunking on you for using a wildly out of date image to make your point?

Uh.. Maybe I wasn't trying to take a shot at him ??

Would you rather me have called him out for spreading misinformation about the new Cardinals uniforms?

• LOL 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Facepalm 2

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

hurts-2.jpg?w=102461f4017bdfe11.image.jpg

No chance at least one of these teams doesn't screw this up, but this is my game of the week if it somehow happens. Eagles are likely stick with their hideous white pants look though.

Raiders/Packers 100%

Also Chiefs/Vikings depending on MIN's combo

• Like 1