2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

Schedule is out so might as well get this up and running. Initial combos will be TBD unless previously announced or only one option is possible and will be updated as needed. Please give me at least 24 hours from the completion of the game or a complete uniform announcement to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself and I do have other things going on. This is not a prediction thread. Hot links will me placed below on each week through out the season.

2023 Hall Of Fame Game
Jets vs. Browns
T1QsyH0.jpgjvGTwdR.jpg

Preseason Week 1
Preseason Week 2

Preseason Week 3

Regular Season Week 1

Regular Season Week 2

Regular Season Week 3

Regular Season Week 4

Regular Season Week 5

Regular Season Week 6

Regular Season Week 7

Regular Season Week 8

Regular Season Week 9

Regular Season Week 10

Regular Season Week 11

Regular Season Week 12

Regular Season Week 13

Regular Season Week 14

Regular Season Week 15

Regular Season Week 16

Regular Season Week 17

Regular Season Week 18

Post Season Wild Card Round

Post Season Divisional Round

Post Season Championship Round
Super Bowl LVIII

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Week 2 is likely gonna rob us of some great uniform matchups due to white at home.

Chiefs Jags is always September 1pm, even as a divisional playoff rematch this time. Last time this matchup happened with JAX in color was 2009.

Bills wore white throwbacks in 2017 against the Raiders. Last time they wore blue against OAK/LV was 2011. Sure, Buffalo didn't wear white at home at all last year, but they didn't have a 1pm home game until Week 5.

Bears Bucs happened with Tampa in red in 2015, but that was with the hideous alarm clock set. This will likely be the third straight meeting in Tampa with the Bucs in white.

uR5aX9e.jpg

Edited by officeglenn
Formatting
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Week 2 is likely gonna rob us of some great uniform matchups due to white at home.

Chiefs Jags is always September 1pm, even as a divisional playoff rematch this time. Last time this matchup happened with JAX in color was 2009.

Bills wore white throwbacks in 2017 against the Raiders. Last time they wore blue against OAK/LV was 2011. Sure, Buffalo didn't wear white at home at all last year, but they didn't have a 1pm home game until Week 5.

Bears Bucs happened with Tampa in red in 2015, but that was with the hideous alarm clock set. This will likely be the third straight meeting in Tampa with the Bucs in white.

uR5aX9e.jpg

I think the Titans wear white jerseys for the week 2 home game, and the Chargers be in the powder blue jersey. Reason Tennessee wore navy against the Giants in the home opener last year was because it was a 4 PM game.

As for the Chargers, they didn't do WAH last year. Was that an anomaly? I hope they do all white for the home opener again. We've seen MIA in white vs LAC in powder blue plenty already.

Do the Ravens wear white jerseys for the home opener against the Texans? They last wore white at home in 2020 against the Browns.

I hate that the schedule makers put Dallas vs Miami late in the year. But since this has to be, I hope the Dolphins wear their (aqua) throwbacks. The Dallas vs Buffalo games have always been the same colors. I was hoping it would be in September. I wish the Bills pull off the gimmick that teams have done to the Cowboys so that we have a new uniform matchup.

Another good uniform matchup we've been robbed of is the Lions in their current  white uniform and the Buccaneers in the newer red/pewter. Now we'll never see that uniform matchup with Detroit getting new uniforms next year.

I don't like this year's schedule, it hampered potentially good uniform matchups. The 2023 schedule disappoints me.

• Like 1

Early thoughts on what the Patriots could be wearing this year:

- Week 2 against Miami on Sunday Night Football is a prime alternate uniform opportunity. I expect we either see the red throwbacks or the silver pants for New England in this one.

- I think we see the Jets wearing white at home in Week 3, and the Cowboys should do the same in Week 4. That means the Patriots should be in dark uniforms for the first five games.

- New England's first five home games are either against the AFC East or NFC. Those are who they like to wear the throwbacks against. Don't be surprised if we see the red uniforms broken out twice in this span. I doubt we see them in Week 1, but the next four games are Miami in primetime, New Orleans, Buffalo, and Washington. 

- We may only see New England in white once before the bye. The team's first four road games are at the Jets, Cowboys, Raiders, and Dolphins. Only the Raiders can be counted upon to wear dark at home in that stretch. 

- Miami typically only wears aqua at home late in the season or at night. The Week 8 game against New England fits neither category, making it likely the Dolphins wear white. However, this could be a prime opportunity for the white throwback to come back out. If that's the case, I'd love to see the Patriots wear red and make it a full throwback game. 

- The Patriots are the home team for their international game in Germany, playing at "home" in one of these neutral site games for the first time. They should be in blue outside the US for the first time as a result.

- With games at Dallas and in Germany, the Patriots are likely to wear blue in an indoor stadium (depending on how the stadium in Frankfurt is arranged) for the first time since 2015 at Dallas. The two previous times the team wore navy indoors were the two Super Bowls against the New York Giants.

- Pats at Giants in Week 12 should be regular road against regular home. 

- December opens with New England hosting the Chargers for the first time since their rebrand. Hopefully, LAC wear yellow pants for this one for some nice contrast. This could also be a throwback game for the Pats. LAC is white over yellow vs NE in red would look very nice.

- The Steelers like to wear the all-blacks in primetime at home, and the two Thursday Night games in November and December seem like prime opportunities. I'm assuming we see Pittsburgh in all black against the regular New England roads.

- Monday Night at home in Week 15 against Kansas City could absolutely be a throwback game, which would be disappointing since it would be a lot of red. Hopefully this one is red vs blue.

- The Pats are back on the road at Denver for SNF on Christmas Eve. The Broncos love the navy jerseys for Sunday Night Football, so don't be shocked if this is Denver in all blue against New England in white. This could be a Color Rush game for Denver, too, which would probably look better. 

- The season ends with a pair of divisional games at Buffalo and against the Jets. Those should be white at royal blue and white at navy blue, but the pants for both of New England's opponents will remain TBD. 

• Like 3

On 5/13/2023 at 12:02 AM, fouhy12 said:

- December opens with New England hosting the Chargers for the first time since their rebrand. Hopefully, LAC wear yellow pants for this one for some nice contrast. This could also be a throwback game for the Pats. LAC is white over yellow vs NE in red would look very nice.

Please please.

Robert Kraft or whoever makes the decisions on the uniforms, make this happen.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

29 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’m wondering if we’ll see Washington pull a Jets and mix in their black uniform elements with the regular color and white uniforms.

I could see them going white/black/burgundy and swapping the regular burgundy facemask for the black.

Please don’t give them any ideas.

• Like 4

Speaking of the Jets, I’m curious what their uniform schedule is gonna look like this primetime-filled season after their bizarre 2022 with all the white and black combos. Hopefully with Rodgers having worn green his whole career, we see that jersey more. Here are my predictions:

Week 1 SNF vs. BUF

All white

Week 3 vs. Pats

all white

Week 4 SNF vs. Chiefs

All black

Week 6 vs. PHI

White over black

Week 9 MNF vs. LAC

All green 

Week 12 Black Friday

All black

Week 13 vs. ATL

green over white

Week 14 vs. HOU

all-black

Week 16 vs. WAS

all green

3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The Jets wear the black alternate against a team who also has black on their uniform or a team with a color close to black.

Last year they wore white at home more times than they normally did. That was appalling. Maybe they stop that routine now that they have Rodgers.

They definitely chose some gross games for the black jerseys last season. I hope they pick the Chiefs this year since the red pants will at least add some contrast and color.  I really hope they don't pick the Chargers game since that will likely end up being all white against all black, which is becoming one of my biggest pet peeves.

My predictions for the Ravens uniform matchups in the 2023 season (credit to @throwmesomepics and his Seahawks prediction post in this thread for the idea to use GUD to show off the uniform matchups):

0JwrZfM.png

q6HA8Ym.png

ZDSwu7W.png

• I think the Ravens go WAH for the home opener/Kickoff game. Texans at Ravens in Baltimore on a September afternoon would look weird with the matchup I'd give, but honestly, I don't think there's much of a choice because assuming WAH Ravens, there's little odds in my opinion the Texans go battle red on the road and they damn sure wouldn't put on all-navy either, color rush or not.
  • Like last year, the black uniforms don't get a favorable schedule with only one home primetime game (TNF Wk 11 vs Bengals) that you can pencil in and the rest of the home schedule is currently 1pm games. Assuming none of the flex-eligible games get moved, I think they'd go with the rest of their black combos vs the Rams and Dolphins in December. Though, with a home finale against the Steelers for the third straight year, I wouldn't be surprised if they wear black again and wear something different the week before vs Miami, maybe even wear the beautiful black/purple uniform against Pittsburgh.
  • Speaking of the Bengals, If you're worried they'd put on the white tiger uniforms in Baltimore, I don't think it happens this season. I think they go all-white with the standard helmet instead and save their white tiger for their two MNF games this year (vs Rams & at Jaguars). 
  • If Ravens vs Titans was in Nashville, I'd have predicted white/purple vs navy/Columbia; instead, the game went across the pond and I think they'll wear all-white. Personally would have went for white/black, but last time they put on in the UK, Sacksonville introduced themselves to the world in that 44-7 drubbing.
  • I wasn't sure if the Chargers should wear white or yellow pants with their light blue jerseys against the Ravens wearing white/purple for their first trip to SoFi Stadium. We got a beautiful looking matchup in M&T 2 seasons ago when the Bolts brought their current uniforms to Baltimore for the first time and I would like to believe we can have that vice versa with this SNF matchup in Inglewood. Maybe I'll change my mind, but I like light blue/white for this one. Kinda wish there was a way it could be CR purple Ravens vs WAH Chargers, but I digress.
  • I did ask myself the same question for Week 14 vs the Rams. Unlike their last appearance in Baltimore, bone is fading out of their picture. But I had to avoid a situation where the Rams going white/blue causes trouble and confusion with whatever the Ravens wear, so I settled on white/yellow for the Rams.
  • They didn't use all their uniform combinations last season, having skipped the non-CR all-purple and black/white. Barring a flex, I think they'll try and wear them all this time around.

• Applause 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

7 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Week 1 vs HOU: (blue/white vs white/purple)

Week 6: at TEN (in London): (all-white vs navy/Colombia)

Week 12 at LAC: (white/purple vs light blue/white)

I really hope that is what we get for the opener. Houston wore white at home vs. Baltimore in 2020, and we haven’t seen Houston wear color against Baltimore in many years. I think there is a good chance for your prediction.

Any particular reason you don’t think Tennessee wears all-navy in London? I think that is pretty much a no-brainer.

Last year the Chargers wore yellow pants for every home primetime game, even switching to it from their alternate royal blues when the Miami game got flexed in. I expect to see it again vs. Baltimore.

I too hope they wear black against the Rams and Dolphins since they recently wore purple against both of them and I have never seen them wear black against these teams.

• Like 1

Probably an unpopular opinion, but throwbacks should always be worn against division rivals or longstanding conference rivals.

Also, alternate uniforms like Washington’s all black, Seattle’s wolf grey, Cincy’s all white, and Cleveland’s all brown should be worn in matchups that, historically, don’t matter.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but throwbacks should always be worn against division rivals or longstanding conference rivals.

Also, alternate uniforms like Washington’s all black, Seattle’s wolf grey, Cincy’s all white, and Cleveland’s all brown should be worn in matchups that, historically, don’t matter.

Washington's all black can burn in hell, Seattle's all gray I believe is getting retired with the return of their throwbacks, Cincy's all white is *meh* doesn't matter as it isn't that visually offensive (just odd), and Cleveland's all brown can also burn in hell right after Washington's all black has finished burning. 

• Like 4